Wheres the props for the front office now?

marauderswr80

Why? It played out exactly as I thought it would and said so many, many times.:

Wow, you spent a long time on that. You must be REALLY interested in being seen as "right". But you left out many other quotes, strategically. You know, all the ones about how the Bills front office are mishandling this...all the assumptions that the Bills have made no effort to reach out...remember those takes?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad the JP thing is moving forward, but at what expense. Would he have reported if the FO made the same promise at the start of camp? I think so. Then the FO has potentially sacrificed the start of the season and still ended up offering to renegotiate. Where is the victory? And this IR BS is becoming obsurd. "We need the roster spot". Seriously does Jaron think the outcome of this game will be determined positively or begatively by the fact we have or don't have a complete roster. What game saving play does anyone think Blake Costanzo will make to determine the outcome. POS lost valuable PT last year for the same idiotic reason. Yet we save a roster spot for Denny only to put him on IR fro the last cple of games. I'm frustrated at the whole situation.

Wow, you spent a long time on that. You must be REALLY interested in being seen as "right". But you left out many other quotes, strategically. You know, all the ones about how the Bills front office are mishandling this...all the assumptions that the Bills have made no effort to reach out...remember those takes?

And they didn't, until monday and within days he was in. Now what would have happened if they went to him in February?

And they didn't, until monday and within days he was in. Now what would have happened if they went to him in February?

So, you're saying that you KNOW that THEY initiated contact, AND what was communicated back in Feb was the same as what was communicated recently? Wow, you must be an inside guy! :thumbsup:

Seriously, Mickey. This is like talking to a 13 year old who has his fingers stuck in his ears, yelling NYA NYA NYA NYA over any rational arguments. The most rational being:

Professionals report for work, period.

Peters got absolutely nothing for his holdout, except losing an opportunity to renegotiate THIS season, and the only reason the scumbag is reporting is he lost his gambit and his entire career was in jeopardy if he didn't report. Guy came crawling back with nothing but his dick in his hand.

Didn't lose a thing? I guess if you have no self-dignity, don't care if the fans hate you, the team doesn't respect you, and you come crawling back with your tail between your legs just before payday, then yeah, he lost nothing - except 2 1/2 months of preparation, which could very well cost him the pro bowl year he damned well better have to get the big bucks HE thinks he's worth.

Oh yeah, and the $$$half-million$$$ in fines.

The Bills are losing in Jacksonville next week.

They have a very, very, winnable game this week- one that they should win, in fact.

How stupid do you have to be to applaud the front office for this before anything is seen on the field? If the Bills lose this game by 3 points, is there anybody out there that won't wonder what would have happened with a healthy and fit Peters on the field?

If Seattle wins, Buffalo starts 0-2. They'll pull off their usual run in October-November, get to their 7 wins, and that'll be it.

The fact is, while almost all of us think this team is capable of being a playoff contender, a good start (say, 3-2 or 4-1) is crucial for them. When you start the season expecting to win 10 games, and only 12 or 13 of the games on the schedule are winnable in the first place, and possibly lose one because your best player sits out even though he's healthy, it's not a medal of honor for the front office.

If they can beat Seattle, then win one or both of the games in St. Louis/Arizona, they'll look smart for the way they handled Peters. If they start 0-2, they won't make the playoffs. It's too early to applaud them for having their best player watching the game in street clothes on Sunday.

I won't give the Jax game away just yet, but other than that, totally agree. They better win on Sunday.

I won't give the Jax game away just yet, but other than that, totally agree. They better win on Sunday.

I don't understand why the Jax game should be condsidered a loss. I have read on this board SO MANY TIMES, JP called himself out in the JAX game & that is why the Bills should be done with him. I don't believe he called himself out, I believe he was told if the Bills don't win that game they are going to start Trent period. This year with Trent @ QB, & HOPEFULLY a much better game plan, the Bills should have no trouble winning. :thumbsup:

Obviously, nobody could make this statement until after the game. If Walker and Chambers play like Art Shell and Bob Brown, the fault will lie elswhere.

Still, the scenario of the Bills losing a close game that they could have won with Peters in there is certainly plausible.

Paying all of your attention to the lone game in front of you is the job of the coaches and the players. Not the front office. As the owner of anything, the only reason you should put every thought and effort into the one game in front of you is if you realized that losing that game means you lose everything.

The Bills may lose to Seattle, and that loss may even later be pointed out as a shoulda-been-won game (much like the Denver game last year) that could play a big role in keeping the team out of the playoffs again. But to have done anything short of what the owner did in the Peters case would hurt the team more than losing to Seattle and missing the playoffs again. Missing the playoffs again will suck, but we both know we'll be back here again next year. And the owner knows that, too.

So, you're saying that you KNOW that THEY initiated contact, AND what was communicated back in Feb was the same as what was communicated recently? Wow, you must be an inside guy! :thumbsup:

Seriously, Mickey. This is like talking to a 13 year old who has his fingers stuck in his ears, yelling NYA NYA NYA NYA over any rational arguments. The most rational being:

Professionals report for work, period.

No, no, that's just not how it is - at least not in Mickey's quite vivid imagination...not in The Secret Life of Walter Mickey....

(with apologies to James Thurber....)

"WE'RE going through!" The Commander's voice was like thin ice breaking. He wore his full-dress uniform, with the heavily braided white cap pulled down rakishly over one cold gray eye. "We can't make it, sir. It's spoiling for a hurricane, if you ask me." "I'm not asking you, Lieutenant Berg," said the Commander. "Throw on the power lights! Rev her up to 8500! We're going through!" The crew, bending to their various tasks in the huge, hurtling eight-engined Navy hydroplane, looked at each other and grinned. "The Old Man'll get us through," they said to one another. "The Old Man ain't afraid of hell!"...

"Not so fast! You're driving too fast!" said Mrs. Mickey. "What are you driving so fast for?"

"Hmm?" said Walter Mickey. He looked at his mom, in the seat beside him, with shocked astonishment. She seemed grossly unfamiliar, like a strange woman who had yelled at him in a crowd. "You were up to fifty-five," she said. "You know I don't like to go more than forty. You were up to fifty-five." Walter Mickey drove on toward Lackawana in silence, the roaring of the SN202 through the worst storm in twenty years of Navy flying fading in the remote, intimate airways of his mind.

Walter Mickey stopped the car in front of the building where his mom went to have her hair done. "Remember to get those overshoes while I'm having my hair done," she said. "I don't need overshoes," said Mickey. She put her mirror back into her bag. "We've been all through that," she said, getting out of the car. His mom would be through at the hairdresser's in fifteen minutes, Mickey saw in looking at his watch, unless they had trouble drying it; sometimes they had trouble drying it. She didn't like to get to the hotel first, she would want him to be there waiting for her as usual. He found a big leather chair in the lobby, facing a window, and he put the overshoes and the puppy biscuit on the floor beside it. He picked up an old copy of Liberty and sank down into the chair. "Can Germany Conquer the World Through the Air?" Walter Mickey looked at the pictures of bombing planes and of ruined streets....

..."The cannonading has got the wind up in young Raleigh, sir," said the sergeant. Captain Mickey looked up at him through tousled hair. "Get him to bed," he said wearily, "with the others. I'll fly alone." "But you can't, sir," said the sergeant anxiously. "It takes two men to handle that bomber and the Archies are pounding hell out of the air. Von Richtman's circus is between here and Saulier." "Somebody's got to get that ammunition dump," said Mickey. "I'm going over. Spot of brandy?" He poured a drink for the sergeant and one for himself. War thundered and whined around the dugout and battered at the door. There was a rending of wood and splinters flew through the room. "A bit of a near thing," said Captain Mickey carelessly. 'The box barrage is closing in," said the sergeant. "We only live once, Sergeant," said Mickey, with his faint, fleeting smile. "Or do we?" He poured another brandy and tossed it off.

Something struck his shoulder. "I've been looking all over this hotel for you," said Mrs. Mickey. "Why do you have to hide in this old chair? How did you expect me to find you?" "Things close in," said Walter Mickey vaguely. "What?" Mrs. Mickey said. "Did you get the what's-its-name? The puppy biscuit? What's in that box?" "Overshoes," said Mickey. "Couldn't you have put them on in the store?" 'I was thinking," said Walter Mickey. "Does it ever occur to you that I am sometimes thinking?" She looked at him. "I'm going to take your temperature when I get you home," she said.

They went out through the revolving doors that made a faintly derisive whistling sound when you pushed them. It was two blocks to the parking lot. At the drugstore on the corner she said, "Wait here for me. I forgot something. I won't be a minute." She was more than a minute. Walter Mickey lighted a cigarette. It began to rain, rain with sleet in it. He stood up against the wall of the drugstore, smoking. . . . He put his shoulders back and his heels together. "To hell with the handkerchief," said Walter Mickey scornfully. He took one last drag on his cigarette and snapped it away. Then, with that faint, fleeting smile playing about his lips, he faced the firing squad; erect and motionless, proud and disdainful, Walter Mickey the Undefeated, inscrutable to the last.

peters gained nothing in the holdout and cost himself by being behind in the new offense, losing face with the fans/teammates/management by showing that he only cares about himself, and dollars that will come out of his pocket to pay fines.........and, if he isn't in shape, he will cost himself further through injury and/or poor performance

just because he held out this year doesn't put him any further ahead for a new contract............the bills will work with his agent to try to work out a deal this season, as they would have anyway.........the bills will continue to work with his agent next off-season if they still haven't reached a deal, like they would have anyway.........and if peters decides to hold out again next year, the bills will take the exact same stance again - show up and we'll continue talks/sit home and nothing will happen and you'll owe us somemore money.......bills have shown they won't be bullied into a new deal, whether it be this training camp or next........peters will have to abide by his contract until the bills are good and ready to give him a new one, which is exactly how the NFL should work

Seems to me that the choice to stand their ground wasn't very difficult. 28 other teams would have handled things exactly the same.

Parker has used this technique effectively across the league and many teams have provided a new contract to his clients. He just doesn't run into a 90 year old owner who has his mind set. This could end up playing out like Walter Jones a few years ago, with the Bills franchising him until they agree on a long term contract.

Parker has used this technique effectively across the league and many teams have provided a new contract to his clients. He just doesn't run into a 90 year old owner who has his mind set. This could end up playing out like Walter Jones a few years ago, with the Bills franchising him until they agree on a long term contract.

You mean they'll franchise him 3 years from now?

Yes. Why would they let him go without doing that? Paying him the average of the top 5 LT's by the year may be in Ralph's plan, assuming he's calling the shots.

His contract doesn't expire for 3 years. I'd hope we could get an extension done before then, and make the franchise tag irrelevant. Hell, here I am hoping we can get something done in the next calendar year. We'll see I guess.

It all depends on the scenario...In the Bills case, they were lucky to see the move of Walker to LT pan out nicely. It put themselves in a position of strength in the negotiation. If Walker had a serious injury in that preseason game, I bet it would have been the Bills who would have gone crawling to him...

His contract doesn't expire for 3 years. I'd hope we could get an extension done before then, and make the franchise tag irrelevant. Hell, here I am hoping we can get something done in the next calendar year. We'll see I guess.

Yea, we'll see. I guess Parker is really going to want to get it done before then. But if the numbers aren't to the Bills liking, this could play out the same way next year, etc. Unfortunately it's just business which sucks for the fans. There is a lot that needs to be resolved in the next few years in terms of the CBA though, so we'll see. I'm very concerned they haven't been able to reach a deal with Evans yet, and the last comments I saw from Evans didn't seem as upbeat as earlier ones.

It all depends on the scenario...In the Bills case, they were lucky to see the move of Walker to LT pan out nicely. It put themselves in a position of strength in the negotiation. If Walker had a serious injury in that preseason game, I bet it would have been the Bills who would have gone crawling to him...

Possibly. It seems Ralph was/is pretty set in these negotiations. Ever try and change a 90 year olds mind?