Is Lee Evans Next?

Frez

Burress gets new $35M deal

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: New York Giants, Plaxico Burress

Wide receiver Plaxico Burress just signed a new five-year, $35 million deall with the Giants, with $11 million in guaranteed money.

Wide receiver Plaxico Burress just signed a new five-year, $35 million deall with the Giants, with $11 million in guaranteed money.

Mail 100 bucks of your cash today, to OBD as a sign of your support. :thumbsup:

I'm with the Bills on the "show up and we'll pay you" stance they've taken with Peters.

But if they fail to reach an accord with Evans, the Bills will start to lose supporters like myself. This deal is much more reasonable than the ridiculous Berrian deal, and should help the two sides come together much quicker. I'm confident it will get done, as Lee himself has sounded very optimistic something is in the works in the near future.

But a message to the Bills... you're on notice. Don't piss us off.

Burress is more of a No. 1 prototype WR than Evans, but not as consistent. So the two even out, and Plax's deal isn't out of whack as a benchmark for Lee.

Git er done.

You're talking about using the contract of the guy who caught the game-winning TD in the last Superbowl as a benchmark for Evans.

Just wanted to point that out.

Burress is more of a No. 1 prototype WR than Evans, but not as consistent. So the two even out, and Plax's deal isn't out of whack as a benchmark for Lee.

Git er done.

Like I said, I find this situation to be the most troubling. I'm sorry, but the Burress deal is just not a lot of cash to spend on your top receiver in this league.

I don't know if Evans would take this deal, but one can only hope that Ralph has offered at least this much. We have to prove that we can go forward instead of just treading water.

plax's deal has to be taken with a grain of salt - he had 3 years left on his contract so his leverage was significantly lower then evans' (ya hear that peters??)

at the end of the day, we all know that if plax plays well he will just end up squawking about this contract in a couple seasons and will demand more upfront money......it's the way he (and his agent) operate........of course, if he ends up suffering a career ending injury or his performance significantly declines i don't expect him to give back a dime of his signing bonus - certainly seems that this is a system that clearly favors the players........no wonder the owners want out of the CBA

this is the problem- Evans says hey in the right offense I'm a 1450yd 11TD WR- the Bills say yeah but in our offense you're a 950YD 7TD WR- Evans says it's not my fault you don't use me right pay me what I'm worth!- the Bills say we will pay you what you're worth to our offense.

this is the problem- Evans says hey in the right offense I'm a 1450yd 11TD WR- the Bills say yeah but in our offense you're a 950YD 7TD WR- Evans says it's not my fault you don't use me right pay me what I'm worth!- the Bills say we will pay you what you're worth to our offense.

And I say, Evans is RIGHT! In the right offense, he is a 1450 yd, 11TD WR. And if we don't pay him that kind of money, a team with an offense who can do that (say a Cincinatti looking to get rid of malcontent Johnson, Dallas, etc.) will!

Show EVANS THE MONEY!

If Evans took a similar deal with us, I will be ecstatic.

If the Burress contract was in the works and Evan's agent knew this, do you suppose he may have been holding old to see what Burress got and might be ready to get a contract done using this as an amount to work from? I'm probably just spewing the obvious here amongst the experts.

If this is the case, get it done now that Crowell probably won't be an issue and Peters is a foregone conclusion.