Car just got stolen

Brand J

Sigh... Was just dealt with one of my life's biggest blows - car just got stolen with pratically ALL of my clothes in it. In retrospect, it was incredibly stupid to load my car with my clothes (moving off of Staten Island) prior to leaving. If anyone is in the NYC area - maybe Staten Island specifically, look out for a dark green 1995 Toyota Camry - license plate T65 VBP. If you come across it, please call the police ASAP!! I am one of the last people that can afford this kind of setback at the moment <_<

Sigh... Was just dealt with one of my life's biggest blows - car just got stolen with pratically ALL of my clothes in it. In retrospect, it was incredibly stupid to load my car with my clothes (moving off of Staten Island) prior to leaving. If anyone is in the NYC area - maybe Staten Island specifically, look out for a dark green 1995 Toyota Camry - license plate T65 VBP. If you come across it, please call the police ASAP!! I am one of the last people that can afford this kind of setback at the moment <_<

good luck getting it all back. On the bright side, at least your computer wasn't in the car.

Oh man. I will close my eyes and emit the strongest, most positive karma I can muster.

This is a bad thing? :huh: I was praying to God for someone to steal my wife's 1999 Mitsubishi Galant. The blue book was way over what we sold it for. :thumbsup:

It may be the fact that all his clothes are in it since he is moving

But otherwise, yeah, i am never afraid of having one of my vehicles stolen since they are insured and I will just get another one with the insurance money. And since I don't own new cars, I'm not out a whole heck of a lot. Those Camrys are nice cars, My mom and sister share one

It may be the fact that all his clothes are in it since he is moving

But otherwise, yeah, i am never afraid of having one of my vehicles stolen since they are insured and I will just get another one with the insurance money. And since I don't own new cars, I'm not out a whole heck of a lot. Those Camrys are nice cars, My mom and sister share one

Moving = worst thing in the world. I just did 28 straight hours from Sunday-Monday.

Moving and having your car stolen with your gear in it = a newly discovered layer of Hell.

Moving = worst thing in the world. I just did 28 straight hours from Sunday-Monday.

Moving and having your car stolen with your gear in it = a newly discovered layer of Hell.

Too true.

I had my car stolen about 15 years ago. The cop told me that most cars that are stolen are stolen to get from point A to point B. So the car may show up. Mine did. With a busted windshield and stuff stolen but I did get it back.

It's doubtful your clothes will still be in it though. Check some used clothes stores and see if they have them. Did you tell the police to note on the police report that your clothes were in the car? If you find them you'll need to call the cops in order to get them back. Hopefully you either have a mark on the clothes or they haven't put them all out when you get there and you can tell the cop everything you had and he can look in the back for you and if he finds what you describe you can at least probably get those back. Make sure you take the police report with you to show the cop.

Good luck :thumbsup:

I had my motorcycle stolen back in April and it was later recovered at the bottom of a pond. The money I spent on the Lojack unit was a complete waste.

Lemme guess. Lazy, slow to respond police?

that sucks man, sorry to hear it.

My first night in NYC about 10 years ago my car got stolen.

Took me 6 months to get my insurance money (police didn't find the car for 7 months) at which time I got a letter from the NY sanitation department telling me they found a shell of a car in queens and that they sent it to the dump.