Ralph going back to his cheap POS mode

jwws9999

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of picky don't you think? "Signing" this guy or that guy is a term often used as short hand for a new contract to replace the old due to it being about to expire or a variety of other reasons. I am quite sure this poster is well aware of the existing contracts. By using the term "re-sign" it is pretty clear that he is talking about hammering out the new contracts both players are seeking, one of which is in its last year.

He never mentioned re-signing players, he wants Ralph to resign them.

I'm okay with the way Ralph has paid players, traditionally. And I don't fault them for taking a stance with Peters. It would've been nice to extend Evans about three weeks ago, to send the message that "Get your ass to camp and we'll talk."

My beef with Ralph is the way he always seems to be looking for the low-ball head coach, which in turn results in bottom-of-the-barrell coordinators like Pendry and Fairchild. Allowing Mularkey to bring in "his guy" when they already had Rusty Jones was a major gaffe also.

Don't pretend that you're somehow above that sort of thing, Mickey.

I try never to fire the first shot but if you insult me, I think I have the right to come right back atchya. That is the difference between a gratuitous insult and self defense. And when things seem to be going to far, I will try on occasion to pull the converation back as I did recently making fun at my own expense with one poster, elaborating on his insult to me and again with Senator in the "Could we Start Again Please" post. So, no, I am not perfect but I make an effort to stay away from this kind of thing.

Recently, some guy I never heard of went after me because he didn't like my position on the Peters thing and threw in some insults about the quote from Cheney I have used for years now. So I responded in kind and defended my use of Cheney's quote. Then I get a PM from him complaining that I was dragging politics on to the board. This from the guy who brought my Cheney thing up to start with. Misca.

I'm okay with the way Ralph has paid players, traditionally. And I don't fault them for taking a stance with Peters. It would've been nice to extend Evans about three weeks ago, to send the message that "Get your ass to camp and we'll talk."

My beef with Ralph is the way he always seems to be looking for the low-ball head coach, which in turn results in bottom-of-the-barrell coordinators like Pendry and Fairchild. Allowing Mularkey to bring in "his guy" when they already had Rusty Jones was a major gaffe also.

The details could and have been argued endlessly but if, I say if an owner bears any responsibility at all for putting a winner on the field, Ralph has little to brag about lately.

like he was during the 70's and early 80's. which is why he hasn't resigned evans or peters

Don't worry, everything will be fine, we just gave Kyle Williams and Spencer Johnson over $30 M in contracts with nearly $10M guaranteed.

Who needs them when you have them and Brad Butler.

Just keep telling yourself that the Bills know what they're doing.

Mickey, your not alone with your perception of this holdout. I know dozens of fans whom have never been to a messege board, and a great deal of them(most infact) just want the team to pay peters the $ that hes gonna get in the long run anyway.

The mob mentality does exist with this bashing of Peters and i would guess that many on this board do agree with you, but who wants to subject themselves to the insults and bashing you seem to take daily. Anyhow...this board is a very small cross section and the "mob" does not speak for the masses.

Why would you say that? I don't know of a single post making that unfounded charge nor any proof that race has anything to do with anything when it comes to contract negotiations for this team. They don't want to pay Peters because, well because they don't want to pay a ton of money to anyone they don't have to. Right or wrong long term? Who knows? Either way the only color on the table here is green.

im pretty sure he was cracking a joke

like he was during the 70's and early 80's. which is why he hasn't resigned evans or peters

1. Lee Evans has publicly commented that they are working on an extension and the he is optimistic about where they stand. So you are completely off base here.

2. Peters had 1 full season at LT. Then had surgery. He has 3 years left on his deal (which he is underpaid on now, but which over paid him in the first year). He has had no communication/participation in OTA, Strength and Conditioning or Training camp! Who is to say he is 100% and why does he deserve anything?

Misca.

Wow, that's a word that I haven't heard/used/thought of since I moved away some 16 years ago.

And as much as we used to use it - in much the same way Mickey did - I'm not sure I ever really understood it. I assumed it meant the F-bomb and could be followed with "fa" to designate a target for aforementioned F-bomb, as in "F-bomb you." Can anyone confirm this?

As for the thread at hand - I haven't followed the whole Peters saga as closely as many here, but it's my understanding that he still has 3 years left on the deal he signed with Bflo a couple of years ago. Evans has one year left and wants to re-do a deal, but he is there working. Peters should learn from Evans' example.

If Peters has a very legit reason for not being in Bflo (ie, a serious family or personal issue) I'll be the first to welcome him back with open arms. Otherwise, screw him by retaining his rights to ensure he can't play for anyone else and let him accrue daily fines until he files his retirement papers. And if/when that time comes, file suit for fines plus statutory interest.

jwws9999, your post is not far-off the mark. This organization has been miss-managed for the majority of its tenure, with the exception of catching lightening in the bottle in the form of Bill Polan. Regardless of what the cheerleading fundamentalist of this pathetic site have to say, the fact remains not signing Evans and the Peters situation are major failures for this management team. A healthy Peters is only shadowed by Joe Thomas at one of the marquee positions in football and management's arrogance in their negotiation tactics is shocking. Let’s face it, duration in the NFL is not long and I certainly wouldn't play at discount to Dockery and Walker if I was Peters. It is not farfetched to see these amateurs trade Peters for a truck load of 4th, 5th, and 7th rounders and claim they have committed a felony, while the natives of this website storm the ticket window swearing at the media for pointing out the obvious. Your objective view is very much appreciated.