LA talk from developer

Beerball

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said that the league has long identified the Los Angeles region as a two-team market

Hahahaha! Classic. They were a two-team NFL market, and both split town...Including one leaving for the greener pastures of Oakland!!

And the NFL STILL believes that LA is a two-team town?? Are they counting USC as one of those teams?

In April, Roski listed the New Orleans Saints, Buffalo Bills, Minnesota Vikings, Jacksonville Jaguars, San Diego Chargers, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers as teams that might move to the L.A. area and his stadium.

Oh, the Raiders might move to LA? You don't say....

Most likely to be one of the existing Cal teams, if it does happen. Probably the Raiders.

But after Katrina and now Gustav heading that way, you've gotta include New Orleans as a dark horse.

Can't rule out Jacksonville either.

I had to put my boots on, this guy is slingin' the schitt so fast and furious...

"Every owner I have talked to is interested in coming," Semcken said. "The idea of moving here is like nirvana to them."

Spoken like a typical developer. Love his salesmanship, though. Anyone ever been to City of Industry? It's about as far from 'nirvana' as it gets!

I had to put my boots on, this guy is slingin' the schitt so fast and furious...

Spoken like a typical developer. Love his salesmanship, though. Anyone ever been to City of Industry? It's about as far from 'nirvana' as it gets!

One of the Kalifornians can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe much of Industry was built on an old LA dump.

The Bills always have to show up on a list like that even though I am sure this asshat is well aware that the team is solid with Ralph still around. I'd say the Saints might be a good bet to move, especially if things turn out badly tomorrow. The Jaguars should move since they can't sell out even for Monday Night games. Including the Niners on this list cuts all credibility for this jerk.

Hahahaha! Classic. They were a two-team NFL market, and both split town...Including one leaving for the greener pastures of Oakland!!

And the NFL STILL believes that LA is a two-team town?? Are they counting USC as one of those teams?

LA is the WORST football market in the country...even worse than Jacksonville and that is saying something...

Those people there could care less about the NFL and their teams...they are too busy shopping on Rodeo Drive...

The Bills just signed an agreement to play in Toronto. I doubt that they would play 7 games in LA and one game in Toronto.

That's an interesting point. I haven't read the actual contract agreement, but what happens if Ralph kicks the bucket? Is the contract void? If the team moves somewhere else, does it have to travel to Toronto once a year for 7 years to fulfill the contract? (If Parker buys them, can the Bills hold-out for more money? :devil: ) Or, is this a way of guarenteeing that toronto gets the Bills once Ralph dies (assuming he dies within 7 years)?

LA is the WORST football market in the country...even worse than Jacksonville and that is saying something...

Those people there could care less about the NFL and their teams...they are too busy shopping on Rodeo Drive...

Agreed, I look at LA as I look at Jacksonville. Obviously LA is bigger but in Jax college football is a lot bigger than the NFL. Jax is a lot bigger than Buffalo and I don't know the numbers but I'd bet that Buffalo does much better at the gates.

Agreed, I look at LA as I look at Jacksonville. Obviously LA is bigger but in Jax college football is a lot bigger than the NFL. Jax is a lot bigger than Buffalo and I don't know the numbers but I'd bet that Buffalo does much better at the gates.

According to Forbes' 2006 numbers, the Jags made more in gate receipts ($40M) than the Bills did ($36M). But total revenue was the same. And I believe that in 2006, the last 3 games had a lot of empty seats (despite the Bills being in the playoff hunt until the final seconds of the 2nd-to-last/Titans game).

Jacksonville has a metro population of 1.3 million to Buffalo's 1.1 million. They don't have a city like Rochester or Toronto to count on as part of the fan base. I am still unclear how they got the team beyond the fact that Wayne Weaver was well liked by other owners and St. Louis didn't have it's act together at the time they gave out those two franchises.