Sarah Palin

Hasn't DC Tom and Alaska Darin pwnd you enough yet?

At least I give you credit for persistence for sticking around this long

They haven't replied on this topic to me :w00t: , besides I don't come from Hamburger U either :thumbsup:

Crayonz FWIW Look up the Donahoe is the son of Satan thread or, the retatta one :worthy:

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/buzzer

Oh, I'm sorry. Thanks for playing the game

By using the H word you have disqualified yourself from any further intelligent competition

:oops:

I didn't mean it like that... By no means... I just used the H word to illuminate how McCain had Obama and voters ready to break in his favor on the experience thing and then he flip-flops.

I should have said Germany... They had Britian beat then they blunder and open up another front 180 degrees away.

Hasn't DC Tom and Alaska Darin pwnd you enough yet?

At least I give you credit for persistence for sticking around this long

How to you respect somebody who gets pwnd themselves. Of course he should stick around... It is just a message board... If they actually were worth their salt, they would be here of all places.

:oops::wallbash:

give a rational argument that she wasn't. And the sexism is on the part of the republicans for cynically believing that women are stupid enough to vote for someone just because she's a woman.

That simply pales to the racism that actually exists that has the Democrats and everyone else KNOWING that blacks are stupid enough to vote for Obama just because he's a black.

Any are you actually dense enough to believe that every woman has the same values as Hillary and Nancy Pelosi? Not every woman believes in taking the Abortion sacrament of the Secularist Church. That's a sexist and clueless proposition.

I also hope the Dems point out that she's from a small town. They despise small town America most. She's not an eastern liberal establishment type. Oooohhh... Terrors!!! She must have a weenie brain. She won't fit into the club. I hope they pile it on in the mean and vicious, vindictive way they've perfected over the last eight years in their personal war on President Bush, which - by the way is the only kind of war they're capable of winning. IMHO. I hope Blowhard Joe Biden is vicious in his personal attacks on her in every debate he has with her and reveals himself on the public stage once more to be the most senior Senator in terms of self-love, arrogance and hot air.

Ok, just to show my mathematical understanding:

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/STATS/table4c6.html has the actuarial life table that I used in the previous post.

Now since McCain is now 72 years old there is a 3.01% chance of him dying in the next year (assuming he is the average statistic). Now assuming the figures stay relatively the same for the during of the possible McCain presidency, the chances of him dying when he is 73 are at 3.60%, at 74- 3.95% and at 75- 4.34%. This means that in each of those years he has a 96.99%, 96.40%, 96.05%, and 95.66% chance of living through each of those respected years. To find the chances of him making it through all 4 years to his 76th birthday, you would multiply each of the percentages together.

So, when you multiply .9699*.9640*.9605*.9566 you end up with .8591 or 85.91% chance of him living to his 76th birthday. So assuming that he wins the election, that means that Palin has a 14% chance of taking over as President. This assumes that everything with McCain is in working order at this point and he is at the average condition for a 72 year old. Now, I firmly believe that the 14% is a tad misrepresented as it also doesn't account for a higher probabilty of McCain's body giving out at a time before death, thus I believe the likelihood of Palin being thrust into the Presidency is somewhere around 30-35%.

That said if McCain were to perish or step down in the first 2 years, then you would have somebody in office that is less experienced on the national stage than Obama (is at this point) taking the oath. Unfortunately for McCain, I think he just threw away his best selling point to the voters.

Obama's been in the Senate for three years and he's been "out of the office" running for president for two of those three years. She's got more military experience being the head of the Alaska National Guard than he does. She has more executive experience than Obama AND Biden have combined. She's run a business - which neither of them have either.

Granted, she's not a blowhard egomaniac like Biden, and she's never been a community orgainzer like Obama, but she was the mayor of a small town. We all know how the Dems despise rural America. She's not a millionaire like the other three, but she does hold a union card - which none of them do either.

Does anybody else see shades of David Souter in this selection?

More like Harriet Meiers. If she was pro-choice or the cons were unsure, they would be blocking her nomination in the name of being unqualified. Since she fits their agenda, she's a "great choice".

VPNILF?

:wallbash:

:oops:

I'm not reading all 8 pages but have we discussed that she's a hottie? :worthy:

It's a smart pick. No one is switching to Obama because McCain's VP is inexperienced. However, if 5% of those Hillary voters in OH and PA vote for the party that is actually breaking the glass celing rather than just talking about it, McCain wins.

That said if McCain were to perish or step down in the first 2 years, then you would have somebody in office that is less experienced on the national stage than Obama (is at this point) taking the oath.

Yeah, but you would have someone more ready to run the government of a nation than you would get with Obama. And he's the headliner!

Also, if a tour of Europe solidifies Obama's foreign policy creditionals than I have to believe that campaigning across the US will shore up her experience on the national stage.

That said if McCain were to perish or step down in the first 2 years, then you would have somebody in office that is less experienced on the national stage than Obama (is at this point) taking the oath. Unfortunately for McCain, I think he just threw away his best selling point to the voters.

The best Democratic President of the last century - Harry Truman took over under similar circumstances. Sarah's a lot hotter than Harry too. Obama gives a great speech, but he's never been an executive of any type - she has. You've got to admit that she's going to get on the job training. That fine - for a VP.

Obama is the affirmative action candidate. He's been given the position by guilty white men in smoke-filled back rooms. That's part of what doesn't sit well with the upwardly mobile women of America. He's not only unqualified to be President, he's unworthy of the office.

I am new here. Hello everyone. Here is my thought... Pandering and desperation. Mc Cain picks a woman with less than 24 months experience, who just gave birth. This is a wise decision and good judgement? Can you imagine her as the leader of the free world? I question her judgment as well. She has a 4 month old baby with serious disability and she has no problem abandoning it to go campaign around the country? wow. Summary - poor judgment on both parts and pandering to woman who will ultimately be insulted by it. This will be the start of Mc Cain downfall and the Right will need to spread more fear and false ads to compete.

I am new here. Hello everyone. Here is my thought... Pandering and desperation. Mc Cain picks a woman with less than 24 months experience, who just gave birth. This is a wise decision and good judgement? Can you imagine her as the leader of the free world? I question her judgment as well. She has a 4 month old baby with serious disability and she has no problem abandoning it to go campaign around the country? wow. Summary - poor judgment on both parts and pandering to woman who will ultimately be insulted by it. This will be the start of Mc Cain downfall and the Right will need to spread more fear and false ads to compete.

Would you say the same thing if she was a man?

Thank you for your kind words of wisdom. I'm certain they're shared by the tens of millions of American working mothers. Do all of the knuckle-dragging morons in your cave fear women so?

I smell a plant :oops:

Obama campaign/media is going to have to be very careful attacking her. They're already in deep water with the way Clinton was treated and won't get away with it twice. Women are going to play a key part in deciding this election, comments like the one above are going to enrage them. I use my wife as a barometer and she's already insulted at these questions that keep popping up. Now that McCain has the conservative base on board, they're going to start playing some major defense for Palin. I actually think the woman issue is going to become much more sensitive than the race issue now.

Obama campaign/media is going to have to be very careful attacking her. They're already in deep water with the way Clinton was treated and won't get away with it twice. Women are going to play a key part in deciding this election, comments like the one above are going to enrage them. I use my wife as a barometer and she's already insulted at these questions that keep popping up. Now that McCain has the conservative base on board, they're going to start playing some major defense for Palin. I actually think the woman issue is going to become much more sensitive than the race issue now.

As James Carville would say, "Does the candidate make the opposing campaign manager throw up?"

I think right about now David Axelrod is reaching for a bucket. You know Blowhard Joe Biden can't be subtle. Their debates are going to be something.