Chad Johnson Changes name

silvermike

Is everybody aware that he is really calling himself "Chad Eight Five"? Eighty-Five is Ochenta y Cinco.

Perhaps you've never played organized team sports, but it is EXTREMELY common for players and coaches to refer to players' numbers by saying each number individually, rather than the "complete" number.

"Hey, eight five, run a go route."

"One seven, throw the slant."

Seriously.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you've never played organized team sports, but it is EXTREMELY common for players and coaches to refer to players' numbers by saying each number individually, rather than the "complete" number.

Seriously.

Seriously? Fair enough. Do I have your permission to think it's silly anyway? :thumbsup:

Shoot, RJ, you don't need my permission for anything. Just wanted to point that out. :beer:

:thumbsup:

No worries... I suppose it does indicate the different worlds in which people live that my first impulse was to say "that's not a correct translation." Getting ready for the upcoming term does that to one.

There are people saying this is awesome and great, and I'm not saying it is neccessarily a bad thing, but, c'mon, this is extremely odd. He sounds like and is acting like someone who has bipolar disease and is off his medications and is in a manic phase. Saying statements like "people really don't under how smart I am..." is very strange. Who actually says stuff like this?

He is legally changing his name. That means everything has to have that new name: his social, driver's license, creit cards, etc... How many people who think this is great would actually have the motivation/stones/chutzpah to go through with something like this? We should actually feel sorry for him.

He's another one of the rich people who've fallen off their rocker. Alot of people with money end up very wierd, if not crazy. Alot. He's always in the spotlight and obviously likes it. Therefore he does things to try and bring more attention to himself. This is pretty stupid, but it is funny.

Seriously.

'Tis the world of sports, not a very bright one.

Bengals wideout Johnson reportedly changes name to Ocho Cinco

Aug. 29, 2008

CBSSports.com wire reports

CINCINNATI -- Maybe receiver Chad Johnson can go by the name that his head coach hates.

The Cincinnati Bengals receiver has legally changed his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco in Broward County, Fla., a switch that became official this week, according to several media reports. Johnson, who lives in Miami, didn't return a message left on his cell phone Friday night.

"It's something I don't think anyone has ever done before," he told the team's website. "Have I ever had a reason for why I do what I do? I'm having fun."

Two years ago, Johnson gave himself the moniker -- a reference in Spanish to his No. 85 -- and put it on the back of his uniform before a game. Quarterback Carson Palmer ripped it off before the kickoff. After the season, coach Marvin Lewis -- who dislikes Johnson's attention-getting stunts -- referred to the receiver as "Ocho Psycho."

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the Bengals had no comment on the matter.

Johnson has been a concern for the Bengals this season. He unsuccessfully lobbied for a trade in the offseason, threatening to sit out if he didn't get his way. When the Bengals refused, he relented and showed up for minicamp, but complained that his right ankle was bothering him.

He had bone spurs removed from the ankle and was limited at the start of training camp. In the second preseason game, he landed awkwardly and temporarily dislocated his left shoulder. Johnson is wearing a harness and expects to play in the season opener against Baltimore.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2007-2008, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

He is legally changing his name. That means everything has to have that new name: his social, driver's license, creit cards, etc... How many people who think this is great would actually have the motivation/stones/chutzpah to go through with something like this? We should actually feel sorry for him.

Me thinking this is great has nothing to do with me wanting to do it myself. The fact that I would never do this makes it all the more hilarious.

Me thinking this is great has nothing to do with me wanting to do it myself. The fact that I would never do this makes it all the more hilarious.

Yeah, i agree. I guess people really just hate Chad Johnson. I have a feeling if Rod Smart changed his name to Rod He Hate Me people would love it.