Hypothetical Tim Tebow Question

DDD

Trent Edwards is the guy DJ wants to run the offense. He's smart, and for a rookie last year had a tremendous ability to look for open receivers. JP is out of here at the end of the season and we will need another QB. If Edwards has an awful year and we are in a position to draft Tim Tebow would you take him? The guy reminds me a Steve Young having a great arm and runs like a half back-full back hybrid. Thoughts?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell no. Tim Tebow is an absolute garbage passer, and is nothing more than the product of a gimmick offense. He can get by on his running ability in college, wheres he's bigger and faster than most. When he gets to the pros, everyone is going to be just as big and fast as him and he's going to get destroyed. He's got nowhere the elusiveness of a Vince Young.

Hell no. Tim Tebow is an absolute garbage passer, and is nothing more than the product of a gimmick offense. He can get by on his running ability in college, wheres he's bigger and faster than most. When he gets to the pros, everyone is going to be just as big and fast as him and he's going to get destroyed. He's got nowhere the elusiveness of a Vince Young.

What percentage of porcelain dolls is he tougher than?

Trent Edwards is the guy DJ wants to run the offense. He's smart, and for a rookie last year had a tremendous ability to look for open receivers. JP is out of here at the end of the season and we will need another QB. If Edwards has an awful year and we are in a position to draft Tim Tebow would you take him? The guy reminds me a Steve Young having a great arm and runs like a half back-full back hybrid. Thoughts?
I don't think that Tebow would be able to throw a pass in Buffalo weather anyways.

anyone with a clue about football can see Tebow is not an NFL QB....PERIOD

I have to say you are all crazy if you do not want to take Tebow. I got to watch him play in high school because we lived in the same town and he is a naturally athlete who has so mauch upside. He broke tons of records throwing the ball in high school. Remember it is not his fault that he does not throw the ball in college, that is what the coaches call. He will excel in the pros just like he did at every level he played in at every sport he played.

I have to say you are all crazy if you do not want to take Tebow. I got to watch him play in high school because we lived in the same town and he is a naturally athlete who has so mauch upside. He broke tons of records throwing the ball in high school. Remember it is not his fault that he does not throw the ball in college, that is what the coaches call. He will excel in the pros just like he did at every level he played in at every sport he played.

Thanks Mrs. Tebow!

Seriously, I have no idea who will be a successful pro, but exactly how many of these college "run around and take advantage of the majority of slow linebackers while they play in a gimmick offense in college" QBs have been successful pros? Vince Young is doing well, but there are weaknesses in his game. Who else? Michael Vick? Please.

The worst thing is that this discussion will go on all this year, into the draft. And some team might just draft him high....

this is a stupid idea. should we use our top pick in the draft every year on quarterbacks.

We should! Then trade the quarterbacks for draft picks, use the draft picks on receivers, sign UDFA TEs to play tackle, and then trade them for running backs! It's the perfect crime!

50+ tds in a hard division! i like tebow. but he is not a pure passer. tackles and ends and linebackers would beat th ehell out of him. most of his runs, he simply overpowers guys. in the nfl, he would get drilled. but he sure is fun to watch. colt brennan is the guy the bills should have drafted. he has a rocket arm and is favre like. save this post.

agree. but conjecture is always fun. these threads are pure conjecture and fans , who know nothing, comments about their dreams and their thoughts on everything. subjective meets objective.

Why not let this season play out, evaluate Trent Edwards after the season instead of projecting possible failure before game 1, and don't project a player who might not even enter this year's draft as a possible pick for the Bills.

1. So far, Tebow has not shown even a glimmer of being an NFL QB. They have a running game in FL now and are supposed to use him more in the passing game, so that MAY change, but there's nothing in his history to show that it will. He's a great college QB (both rushing and passing [he is not a horrible passer for the college game, anyone who has seen him play or looked at his stats has seen that...no matter what the morons want to say]), but he's not NFL material.

2. I don't think he will be in next years draft.