Road work by the Ralph

davefan66

Has anyone driven by the Ralph the last few days?

I'm coming from Lancaster down Transit to Southwestern to the stadium, and wanted to know if the road work is done yet?

I traveled there about a month ago and the roads and bridges were torn up pretty bad.

Just want to know if I need to leave extra-extra early for Thursdays game.

Thanks in advance.

Also, anyone know any alternate routes?

Thanks. But how is the roadwork coming from Lancaster, the article doesn't address that.

They still have the bridge over the 219 (just before the MAAC Center) blocked off. IF you're coming up Rt 20/Southwestern, it's going to be a nightmare. Not only is it down to 2 lanes there, but the roadwork between California Rd and the Ralph isn't complete (at least it wasn't on Monday night). That's still down to one lane in each direction.

I would avoid Southwestern. Maybe take the 219 to Big Tree.

Lastly, I don't think getting to the stadium will be too much of a problem. Getting out (heading north anyway) will be a huge clusterf**k . . .

They still have the bridge over the 219 (just before the MAAC Center) blocked off. IF you're coming up Rt 20/Southwestern, it's going to be a nightmare. Not only is it down to 2 lanes there, but the roadwork between California Rd and the Ralph isn't complete (at least it wasn't on Monday night). That's still down to one lane in each direction.

I would avoid Southwestern. Maybe take the 219 to Big Tree.

Lastly, I don't think getting to the stadium will be too much of a problem. Getting out (heading north anyway) will be a huge clusterf**k . . .

So, if I remember right - Big Tree is Rt 20A?

Coming from the East, would it be quicker to go out to the Hamburg exit and backtrack on Rt 20 to 20A to Abbott?

It does not sound like this will be cleared up by opening day. :ph34r:

When I lived in the area and had season tickets, we would go down Southwestern to Union and make the left (forgot the name) and then in OP, turn onto Big Tree (20 A) and park in Lot 1.

Coming from the East, would it be quicker to go out to the Hamburg exit and backtrack on Rt 20 to 20A to Abbott?

In my experience, it's always been fastest to cut through Hamburg and use South Abbott to get to RWS. Not only do you miss the traffic, but you can park on people's lawns for a lot less $$ (although if you want to tailgate, you'll have to use the stadium lots).

So, if I remember right - Big Tree is Rt 20A?

It does not sound like this will be cleared up by opening day. :lol:

You'll be in Hammer's by dawn for the opener anyway, correct? :lol:

Yes, Big Tree is 20A. And since I park in Lot 1 (for all but the opener), even when I'm heading south from Amherst, I normally take 219 to the 20A exit.

Next question: is California Rd. clear? If so, 219 > Milestrip > California > Big Tree is another option.

The original poster has said he is coming down Transit to Southwestern from Lancaster. The route of Southwestern and then left where Union crosses 20 and then down to Big Tree is the best way to get to the stadium from there.

(although if you want to tailgate, you'll have to use the stadium lots).

Tailgating is allowed at HAMMER'S LOT.

I would avoid the north side of the stadium. Southwestern as of 8:00 am this morning is one lane.

It looks like Abbott road will also be one lane from the stadium north to just past Sheldon Road which is near Southwestern Blvd. At Sheldon road the road goes from one layer (road base) to two layer and the BUMP is not smooth.

I would say park on the south side of the stadium were there is no construction work. That would be Stadium drive one stadium drive two and of course HAMMER'S LOT were by the way parking is cheaper than the stadium. Restrooms and guard (me) on site.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Just want to take the kids and have them experience tossing the ball and grilling in the lot.

Just hope not to experience some of the other stuff......I'll leave that for the home opener without them.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Just want to take the kids and have them experience tossing the ball and grilling in the lot.

Just hope not to experience some of the other stuff......I'll leave that for the home opener without them.

The Bills have set up a party/kid zone in front of the stadium.

Tailgating is allowed at HAMMER'S LOT.

I would avoid the north side of the stadium. Southwestern as of 8:00 am this morning is one lane.

It looks like Abbott road will also be one lane from the stadium north to just past Sheldon Road which is near Southwestern Blvd. At Sheldon road the road goes from one layer (road base) to two layer and the BUMP is not smooth.

I would say park on the south side of the stadium were there is no construction work. That would be Stadium drive one stadium drive two and of course HAMMER'S LOT were by the way parking is cheaper than the stadium. Restrooms and guard (me) on site.

Are they even close to finishing the work?

Are they even close to finishing the work?

The whole project should be completed Dec 09. The area near the stadium should be finished sooner, you would think. They were pouring/installing concrete sidewalk borders at 2:30 pm game day on Southwestern in front of the stadium.

The whole project should be completed Dec 09. The area near the stadium should be finished sooner, you would think. They were pouring/installing concrete sidewalk borders at 2:30 pm game day on Southwestern in front of the stadium.

Typical government job. :thumbsup:

Is this the route that is being suggested (Not being a wise guy, just get confused with multi named roads)

1. From Lancaster T-Way exit take Transit Rd (aka Rt 20) South go 12.6 miles

2 Head south on Orchard Park Rd/RT-240/RT-277 toward Reppien Pl go 1.8 miles

3. Turn right at New Taylor Rd go 1.0 miles

4. Slight right at S Taylor Rd go 0.4 miles

5. Turn left at Ellis Rd go 0.4 miles

6. Turn right at California Rd go 0.5 miles

7. Back on Rt 20 within site of Stadium

Is so any gotchas to look out for (unnamed intersections, speed traps etc.) ?

If so is this faster than taking 20 all the way even when there is no construction?

Is this the route that is being suggested (Not being a wise guy, just get confused with multi named roads)

1. From Lancaster T-Way exit take Transit Rd (aka Rt 20) South go 12.6 miles

2 Head south on Orchard Park Rd/RT-240/RT-277 toward Reppien Pl go 1.8 miles

3. Turn right at New Taylor Rd go 1.0 miles

4. Slight right at S Taylor Rd go 0.4 miles

5. Turn left at Ellis Rd go 0.4 miles

6. Turn right at California Rd go 0.5 miles

7. Back on Rt 20 within site of Stadium

Is so any gotchas to look out for (unnamed intersections, speed traps etc.) ?

If so is this faster than taking 20 all the way even when there is no construction?

Which lot?

If you are going to Lot 1 (near Hammer' s Lot and Pinto Ken's big tailgate at Lot1 Pole 5):

Take 20 down to 240/277,. Take that to "downtown" OP and turn right onto 20A (Big Tree) . Keep going past the highway (219) and the entrance to Lot1 will be on the right.

If Southwestern is backed up to the big curve (where it changes from Transit to Southwestern) you can take the backroads straight to 20 A

The route you gave takes you to the north side of the stadium and and from the messages on this thread, the road work is between California Rd and the Stadium on 20 (Southwestern).