My Battery died in my Car. I jumped it. Now everything

stevestojan

I was as shocked as you are.

Yeah, well...somebody agreed to marry me, so I guess anything's possible.

Of course, I proposed on an empty beach, no one for a half-mile, at 11:30 at night. We'd seen sharks in the water that day, and I'm 6'4" and mentally ill. What, she was going to say no? Sure, I'm lucky to have her... but sometimes you make your own luck...

Did you hook the black jumper cable to the black battery terminal?

Honestly, I was just there to hit the ignition. The guy that hooked the machine up was a machine mechanic. I am having a hard time believing it was a bad jump that did this as I would think it would have screwed up other stuff.

My bachelor party was at the local town park. The maintenance shop for the town is close by so when I needed a jump, my friend went to the shop to see if they had jumper cables. They had this enormous car charger instead. It worked with no issues.

I think they did the one to the terminal and the other to the frame like you're supposed to.

Honestly, I was just there to hit the ignition. The guy that hooked the machine up was a machine mechanic. I am having a hard time believing it was a bad jump that did this as I would think it would have screwed up other stuff.

My bachelor party was at the local town park. The maintenance shop for the town is close by so when I needed a jump, my friend went to the shop to see if they had jumper cables. They had this enormous car charger instead. It worked with no issues.

I think they did the one to the terminal and the other to the frame like you're supposed to.

If it's not a security thing I would doubt that the surge got by the fuse and damaged the radio. Replace the fuse that you said looked good. Sometimes fuses just don't look blown.

Also, be careful to protect your eyes when jumping a battery. It's assumed that nothing can go wrong when jumping a battery, but very rarely a battery will blow the hell up and launch acid and shrapnel. This tip brought to you by the Buffalo League of Sightless Bowlers...Crad Schaeffer, president.

If it's not a security thing I would doubt that the surge got by the fuse and damaged the radio. Replace the fuse that you said looked good. Sometimes fuses just don't look blown.

Also, be careful to protect your eyes when jumping a battery. It's assumed that nothing can go wrong when jumping a battery, but very rarely a battery will blow the hell up and launch acid and shrapnel. This tip brought to you by the Buffalo League of Sightless Bowlers...Crad Schaeffer, president.

Yeah, doesn't sound like a security thing, especially with the shared screen. Probably a blown fuse. If that's not it, go tell the dealer.

I completely agree with this. You'll only be out a few bucks, and could save yourself hundreds. Tell the dealer to hold-off on getting in that new unit.

I owe you one BIG TIME. I know this sounds really stupid, but THAT was the problem!!!! And no, I wasn't the only one who looked at the fuses -- as I am a mechanical moron, I had my old man take a look too and he confirmed both fuses to be "good". They both looked fine! I replace both that had anything to do with the radio, despite them looking "good" or "fine" and that was it!

Go ahead and tear me apart on this one, but sadly, without this thread I would have never thought to check a fuse that neither appeared broken nor burnt.

Thanks Again!!

I owe you one BIG TIME. I know this sounds really stupid, but THAT was the problem!!!! And no, I wasn't the only one who looked at the fuses -- as I am a mechanical moron, I had my old man take a look too and he confirmed both fuses to be "good". They both looked fine! I replace both that had anything to do with the radio, despite them looking "good" or "fine" and that was it!

Go ahead and tear me apart on this one, but sadly, without this thread I would have never thought to check a fuse that neither appeared broken nor burnt.

Thanks Again!!

:unsure::lol:

Me bad!