Stealers Safefy calling out the Bills for game planning

The goal is to get your players ready for the regular season right? Doesn't that involve having a "game plan"? I'm not positive, but I think it makes sense. You come up with a strategy, install it in practice, try to execute it in the game, and hope that your squad shows progression from week to week. If the Steelers aren't coming up with a "game plan" their coaching staff is falling short of their responsibilities.

So they are complaining that the bills were better prepared?

Yes,

S Ryan Clark has an excuse for the performance: “You look at a lot of what [the Bills] ran, they game-planned. We didn’t game-plan.”

The title of the post makes it look like the Squealers were criticizing the Bills for bad game planning but it's the opposite.

Bull. If you watch the Edwards postgame vid on bb.com, he specifically says they only had a few days to study the game plan. And what about this from the Post Gazette:

"We weren't at our peak," said nose tackle Casey Hampton, appearing in his first game since coming off the physically unable to perform list. "They ran the plays we knew were coming. They just were dropping the ball on us."

If it were hockey, they would have pulled the goalie."

I just rewatched the first few series and it seemed to me like the Steelers were blitzing--wouldn't that indicate that they were doing more than just playing "plain vanilla" themselves? Sounds like sour grapes to me......

On three consecutive plays on the Bills' second touchdown drive, Gay missed a tackle on wide receiver Roscoe Parrish, resulting in a first down; cornerback Ike Taylor missed a tackle on wide receiver Lee Evans, resulting in a 17-yard gain; and Clark missed a tackle on a swing pass to running back Fred Jackson, turning a loss into a 5-yard gain. For good measure, there was even a long run by the quarterback on third-and-13 -- Edwards stepping up in the pocket from his own 7 and gaining 22 yards to keep a scoring drive alive.

yea the Bills must have game planned the missed tackles also

Was the poor tackling due to lack of game planning?

:thumbsup::wallbash:

The Bills planned to run at their poorest tacklers...unfortunately for them on most plays it was the majority of the Defense.

This is ridiculous--the Bills had two days of full practice between Saturday nights DC game and this game...not nearly enough to do anything substantial and why we would prepare even one play for the Steelers D during a preseason game--they run a 3-4 and we don't play a 3-4 team until after our bye week (Then we play mostly 3-4's after that)...

The Bills looked great..the Steelers were mistake filled on both sides of the ball when the 1's were in...they have work to do and so do we, but last night the Bills looked like a team of great promise...its preseason--let it go Mr. Clark.