Two Things That need To Be Shipped Out Of Buffalo

I know JP isn't great, but he is better than a lot of backups in the league right now. I remember when I was watching the Bengals/Packers preseason game (i'm a degenerate gambler) they were talking about how the packers have 0 combined starts from all of their qbs and the bengals backup, harvard man ryan fitzpatrick has 2, and most teams backups are either washed up old guys or have little or no experience. I dont have time to list everyone's back up right now, but look through the league when you have a chance JP is definitely a better than average back up, keeping him was a good idea.

Yes, if Trent goes down we are in trouble

Yeah, kindof like last year in the Jets game when JP came in and saved the day with a bomb and I'm thinking a field goal drive in the 4th quarter. The mighty Trent had gotten a grand total of 3 points up until that time.

JP will be fine when he gets in the game.

How excited do you expect him to be when the coach is sending in run plays on every down? He was 4/5 for 19 yards. Even on his field goal scoring drive it was run-run-run-run-short pass-run-run ... Once Trent Edward left the game in the second quarter, the Bills only threw 7 passes.

He was fine. So what we've got so far is 2 QBs. Each has had a stellar game and an unremarkable game. Even if Trent is the starter, JP will play. Neither guy has shown to be very durable.

I don't like the Bills new suits either. Go to the throwback and add a white jersey for when we have to wear white.

I'd take JP as second string over Leftwich any day.

I take JP over Patrick Ramsey as well.....that guy makes Losman look like Montana, accuracy-wise.

When ever I see the uni's from the superbowl years... all I remember is how bad 84-86 Teams were!!! Please... the current uni's are great. They look awesome. Some people can't take change.

You were making a decent point until you said the current unis are "great" and "look awesome." :worthy:

They're awful. Nothing to do with change - they are just bad unis. The blue jerseys are passable, but the whites with the different-color blues and shoulder yoke are putrid.

I still don't understand why Buffalo teams don't get it, uniform-wise. Capitalistic, unabashed money-grabbing reasons aside, you don't have to make a dramatic overhaul of the uniforms every few years. Just update them, tweak them a little here and there, and stay with a classic look.

Here's the reason I believe why JP is still here:

The team couldn't bring in a proven veteran backup this year, because the maket for one is around $2 million/season. Since JP is already here, and on his rookie contract, you can pay him more than Edwards. However, you just can't bring in a veteran backup for $2 million when your starter is making a lot less-bad politics.

So next year, if Edwards proves his worth, he'll get a big $ extension, like Butler did after starting the full year in his 2nd year with the team. With Trent making the big $, you can pay the backup $2 million & not rock the boat politically.

Yeah, kindof like last year in the Jets game when JP came in and saved the day with a bomb and I'm thinking a field goal drive in the 4th quarter. The mighty Trent had gotten a grand total of 3 points up until that time.

JP will be fine when he gets in the game.

Oh yeah you mean when the ball was typically underthrown and the only reason Evans had a chance is that the two Jet corners collided and Evans own athletic ability to reach back and grab it? Oh yeah I remember that one. I suppose you still think JP should start. Wait we've all had enough of these type posts. Trent is the starter. It's over. Deal with it. :worthy:

Here's the reason I believe why JP is still here:

The team couldn't bring in a proven veteran backup this year, because the maket for one is around $2 million/season. Since JP is already here, and on his rookie contract, you can pay him more than Edwards. However, you just can't bring in a veteran backup for $2 million when your starter is making a lot less-bad politics.

So next year, if Edwards proves his worth, he'll get a big $ extension, like Butler did after starting the full year in his 2nd year with the team. With Trent making the big $, you can pay the backup $2 million & not rock the boat politically.

I think you are reading too much in to it. There were no real good back ups on the market, JP was not going to get us anything in a trade and he was already under contract. Money-wise you are right. Both guys are on their 1st contract so salaries are not that high. Edwards may get an extension and maybe the Bills think next years back up is already on the roster. If not , they will have to bring someone in.

Oh yeah you mean when the ball was typically underthrown and the only reason Evans had a chance is that the two Jet corners collided and Evans own athletic ability to reach back and grab it? Oh yeah I remember that one. I suppose you still think JP should start. Wait we've all had enough of these type posts. Trent is the starter. It's over. Deal with it. :thumbsup:

Whatever. It was a TD, counted for 6 points, and helped us win the game. I don't care who starts as long he gives us the best chance to win this year. Whoever starts, the other will get in at some point. Neither has been very sturdy in there. One of them will get hurt and the other one will have to come in. They're both good, so we're OK.

And on the suits. The new ones, especially the white ones, are funky. I don't know why we ever went away from the Super Bowl era suits. We should go back to that.

Whatever. It was a TD, counted for 6 points, and helped us win the game. I don't care who starts as long he gives us the best chance to win this year. Whoever starts, the other will get in at some point. Neither has been very sturdy in there. One of them will get hurt and the other one will have to come in. They're both good, so we're OK.

And on the suits. The new ones, especially the white ones, are funky. I don't know why we ever went away from the Super Bowl era suits. We should go back to that.

We'll see but I still say if Trent goes down were in trouble.

Oh yeah you mean when the ball was typically underthrown and the only reason Evans had a chance is that the two Jet corners collided and Evans own athletic ability to reach back and grab it? Oh yeah I remember that one. I suppose you still think JP should start. Wait we've all had enough of these type posts. Trent is the starter. It's over. Deal with it. :thumbsup:

I'm sure that Brady had some throws like that ,that if Moss would'nt been the reciever he would've been int.You guys are getting excited about a guy who had 4 T.D.s againts Miami who only had one win.He had 3 T.D.s and 8 int. againts everybody else.not very good if you ask me, plus even if they werent bounce passes he completed only 56% off his passes.Thats 90% short passes.You think he would have a higher com. pct.with short passes since everybody thinks its easy to throw them.I'm not getting to excited untill regular season starts and the defense plays they're whole package instead of a water down one.Yes he is our starter and I hope he does good.And I think Losman is a good backup.Yes if Edwards throws a T.D. and if the reciever has to make some kind of acrobatic catch and we score I'm not going to complain because I rather see T.D.s than F.G.s.