anyone else work with morons?

dib

Came in one day to find a new computer at my desk.

My first thought was "cool"

a millisecond later my second thought was "stevestojan"

yes boys and girls the contents of my hard drive were gone. Yes I have back up to 90% of the stuff but some stuff like URL's I just left in favorites. Amonor inconvenieince but still an inconvenience.

Guess what I found on my desk today. Surprise! It might have been nice to let me know so I could download anything I wanted to save.

Hey you're alive.  How did the Bobbit surgery go?  Real bender there huh?  Queen still pissed that you goosed her?  You really need to go easy, you brit can't hang like us Irishmen.

77130[/snapback]

Yeah Nick Where is the explanation or description of that night? Do you remember any of it? Can you share with us a few mottled thoughts from that experience? How was sleeping on the floor?

Yeah Nick Where is the explanation or description of that night? Do you remember any of it? Can you share with us a few mottled thoughts from that experience? How was sleeping on the floor?

77131[/snapback]

OK - so the Queen came to my office to visit... Last Thursday. I prepared and planned the visit with a guy on my team - so we were pretty pleased when it went off without a hitch. The Queen was happy and interested, the Defence Minister was happy, so was the Chief od Defence Staff and the Permanent Under Secretary - so we were pretty pleased with ourselves.

We'd been planning this for like 6 weeks, so after she left and we got everything back in order, we went down to a boat on the Thames for a night out with the whole team. There was a free bar on the boat. I'd also gotten 5 job offers on the day - so with the free bar I really got down to some good drinking. 3 glasses of champagne, probably 7 or 8 double voka and red bulls, 1 Gin and Tonic, and two beers.

By the time to boat docked it was 10pm, and I was feeling pretty tanked - but hyper cos of all the red bull - so we went to a bar down on the Embankment called Motion (it's a regular haunt of mine). In Motion i had at least another 2 double vokas and red bull, a mojito, two beers and 3 Smirnoff Ice (but we did the stawpedo thing with them)...

About 2am the bar was due to close and there was only 5 of us left (of of 30 who started the night). We walked/staggered back to the office (bearing in mind my office is the Ministry of Defence Main Building on Whitehall) - and flashed our passes to get in. We shouted all the way on up to our office (on the 8th floor) where i started to type crap on here (sorry).

It got to 4am and I had tried to sleep a little under my desk. But the bin was in the way and so too were the wires. So i got up - put my hoody on and headed out onto the street to catch a night bus home. I got the night bus all the way back to Streatham, where I live, in about 55 minutes. As soon as i got off i spewed - it was horrible stuff.

Got home at about 5.30am - slept on the sofa until the wife got up at 7am. Went to bed. got up at 10. Got dressed - went to work for an interview :lol: I was not a pretty sight...

A ton of other stuff happened that I have missed off (most notably my dancing in the club) but you don't need to hear that stuff. :devil:

OK - so the Queen came to my office to visit... Last Thursday. I prepared and planned the visit with a guy on my team - so we were pretty pleased when it went off without a hitch. The Queen was happy and interested, the Defence Minister was happy, so was the Chief od Defence Staff and the Permanent Under Secretary - so we were pretty pleased with ourselves.

We'd been planning this for like 6 weeks, so after she left and we got everything back in order, we went down to a boat on the Thames for a night out with the whole team. There was a free bar on the boat. I'd also gotten 5 job offers on the day - so with the free bar I really got down to some good drinking. 3 glasses of champagne, probably 7 or 8 double voka and red bulls, 1 Gin and Tonic, and two beers.

By the time to boat docked it was 10pm, and I was feeling pretty tanked - but hyper cos of all the red bull - so we went to a bar down on the Embankment called Motion (it's a regular haunt of mine). In Motion i had at least another 2 double vokas and red bull, a mojito, two beers and 3 Smirnoff Ice (but we did the stawpedo thing with them)...

About 2am the bar was due to close and there was only 5 of us left (of of 30 who started the night). We walked/staggered back to the office (bearing in mind my office is the Ministry of Defence Main Building on Whitehall) - and flashed our passes to get in. We shouted all the way on up to our office (on the 8th floor) where i started to type crap on here (sorry).

It got to 4am and I had tried to sleep a little under my desk. But the bin was in the way and so too were the wires. So i got up - put my hoody on and headed out onto the street to catch a night bus home. I got the night bus all the way back to Streatham, where I live, in about 55 minutes. As soon as i got off i spewed - it was horrible stuff.

Got home at about 5.30am - slept on the sofa until the wife got up at 7am. Went to bed. got up at 10. Got dressed - went to work for an interview  :lol: I was not a pretty sight...

A ton of other stuff happened that I have missed off (most notably my dancing in the club) but you don't need to hear that stuff. :devil:

77189[/snapback]

You just described BF at a tailgate.

You wanna know about morons?...

I just spoke with someone here at my company who told me that his favorite movie of all time is Roadhouse.

I don't know what else to say except that sometimes this world does not seem like a place that is fit for decent human beings to live.

Got home at about 5.30am - slept on the sofa until the wife got up at 7am. Went to bed. got up at 10. Got dressed - went to work for an interview  :lol: I was not a pretty sight...

77189[/snapback]

Nick, first off, sounds like fun . I drink redbull every friday night, because getting up at 6:00am isnt condusive to staying up all night. However, I bring ONE can of it to the bar with me and add one can to a pitcher of beer. After that, I feel wide awake till at least 1:00am. But jesus, you musta had 6 cans of redbull. You're lucky you threw up before your heart exploded! :lol: .. and this finally explains the non-sensical posts you made. Too funny how they make sense now.

I work retail....you take it from there!

77252[/snapback]

I've worked in retail and now I work in the corporate cubicle world. I miss the sparkling conversation from the retail jobs. No kidding. It's like, you put a pair of tan khakis on a guy and he loses all mental function.

I work retail....you take it from there!

77252[/snapback]

I worked two retail jobs in my lifetime. I worked at a record store in a mall in Poughkeepsie while I was in culinary school. I loved that job. Made zero money, had to wear a black vest with a skinny tie...classic. The only morons were the customers...yeah we were the typical music store snobs that thought everything you were buying was crap :devil: . We would try to get people into the Dead Kennedys, Circle Jerks, Feederz...but the suburban lame-o's just wanted "Classic" rock or the new Fresh Prince tape. What can you do.

The second retail job was for a liquor store/wine importer here in beantown. I was going back to school for what I'm doing now, so I was a part-timer. Filthy rich people buying cases of expensive wine. We were all students (music, art, etc.) so we hated everyone :lol: . We'd have to slug the cases out to the rich peoples BMWs, etc. They never had anything in their trunks. Weird. We spent more time finding places to hide and slack off than doing actual work. Most of us didn't care, because we had other stuff going on. Some of the lifers down in the warehouse had it pretty bad, though.

Retail's not so bad if you don't take it seriously.

yes boys and girls the contents of my hard drive were gone.  Yes I have back up to 90% of the stuff but some stuff like URL's I just left in favorites. Amonor inconvenieince but still an inconvenience.

Guess what I found on my desk today. Surprise!  It might have been nice to let me know so I could download anything I wanted to save.

77058[/snapback]

Not even reading past your initial post, as I don't need to. We just got "New Generation Operating System". You better hope this country doesn't get attacked.

where's my Email?

yes boys and girls the contents of my hard drive were gone.  Yes I have back up to 90% of the stuff but some stuff like URL's I just left in favorites. Amonor inconvenieince but still an inconvenience.

Guess what I found on my desk today. Surprise!  It might have been nice to let me know so I could download anything I wanted to save.

77058[/snapback]

Came in one day and found my computer missing. Turns out the network guy mixed me up with someone else. That someone else worked in a different department, was a temp and my name plate was on my cubicle but hey, I can see where he'd get confused.

I like retail as well. Used to work cashier at a Drug Store.

My favorite was when 40 year old women would show me their ID when buying cigarettes. I'd say "cosmetics are over there if you wanna look younger".

The "tan kakhi pants and gulf shirt" outfit also cooperates with immediately going out drinking without having to change clothes.

77058[/snapback]

I just had a similar experience. I brought my PC to a shop to have it repaired. Wasn't sure what was wrong. I told them that if it was something that would require wiping the hard drive to let me know so that I could pull my files off, similar to you. They proceeded with swapping out my hard drive, which had been working well enough to get whatever I wanted off of it. They naturally told me this, in spite of my request as a paying customer, AFTER they made the change.

Not stupidity, but they simply didn't listen to me. Oh well, as with you I lost all of my important favorites. Fortunately I downloaded the important files just in case, but I didn't get all of them back. Argh!