OFFICIAL BILLS VS REDSKINS GAME THREAD

sven233

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lindell missed it by about 15-20 yards to the left! That was god awful.

Did you hear the announcer? "Buffalo has been hearing about Wide Left for years".

If you're going to reflect on one of the darkest days in Buffalo sports history at least get the direction right.

McKelvin! Nice punt return. 45 yards, he goofed it at then end though. I think he out-cut himself. He should have just kept running straight.

I thought the same thing. Nevertheless, he looks like we have three very good returners now with McKelvin now on the roster.

Regardless of what everyone thinks, the Bills, pre-season or not, have the same philosophy on offense and defense as they did with that horrible team from last year. Keep it close, don't do anything stupid and let the game come to you. It might give you 7or 9 wins in High School and possibly 3 to 7 wins in the NFL, but realistically, the best you might do is 9 wins depending on division and conference. Jauron wouldn't last more than 2 years in the NFC West, by far the worst conference in the NFL and yet he still has a job in a division that is a very close 2nd to the NFC West in competition.

Coaching is going to kill this team regardless of the talent. The Bills, and I hate to say it since I live and breathe the Bills, are no more than a .500 team with the current coaching staff and QB. Neither are flashy and neither will do anything more than mediocre. I'm not saying this based on a lame 1st pre-season game, but what the team has presented us fans the last couple of years,

If my wife can sit here and watch the game, with minimal football knowledge, and predict what the team will do, both offensively and defensively, it's pretty safe to assume that the cheating Pats or the far less knowledgable Fish might know what we're going to do. It's pretty obvious if anyone watched any game that the Bills played last year that everyone knew what the Bills were going to do.

I hope and pray that this year is different but my brain tells me that this team will once again build up our hopes and crush our dreams. With all the young talent that is on this team, it really might be time for a new coach that allows the talents of the players to shine, instead of them playing in a structured system and being good little boys and playing not to lose and embarrass anyone. Buffalo needs excitement not the doldrums of Jauron.

The playing time of the CBs has been interesting to follow.

To start the game, Greer and Youboty were the starting CBs, with James at nickel. When they needed a dime back, it was Corner.

James might have only played one series, and then Corner was the nickel back.

Later, McKelvin replaced Greer.

Early in the second half, McKelvin and Corner were the CBs. When they needed a nickel, they brought in Youboty and moved Corner to nickel.

From about the middle of the 3rd quarter on, McKelvin and Corner were the CBs, and Youboty played nickel as needed, which was most of the time.

This leads me to believe:

- Corner is coming along faster than McKelvin.

- At least right now, the plan is not for McKelvin to play nickel until he's ready to start.

- They wanted to take a long look at Youboty tonight. He was probably on the field for at least 75% of the defensive snaps.

- At least right now, the plan is not for McKelvin to play nickel until he's ready to start.

- They wanted to take a long look at Youboty tonight. He was probably on the field for at least 75% of the defensive snaps.

Which leads me to believe that they are looking to shop him. Now, there's plenty of recent game film of Youboty on file. How much you wanna bet we do a straight up trade, Youboty for somebody's(Cleveland?) right tackle/best o line backup?

Nice analysis by the way, I was watching the LBs and I couldn't keep up with the CBs.

Did you hear the announcer? "Buffalo has been hearing about Wide Left for years".

If you're going to reflect on one of the darkest days in Buffalo sports history at least get the direction right.

Consider yourself lucky. Imagine how awful watching this game would be if you had to listen to Theesman and Patrick rim the Redskins all night like I did. Not even trying to be objective...

The playing time of the CBs has been interesting to follow.

To start the game, Greer and Youboty were the starting CBs, with James at nickel. When they needed a dime back, it was Corner.

James might have only played one series, and then Corner was the nickel back.

Later, McKelvin replaced Greer.

Early in the second half, McKelvin and Corner were the CBs. When they needed a nickel, they brought in Youboty and moved Corner to nickel.

From about the middle of the 3rd quarter on, McKelvin and Corner were the CBs, and Youboty played nickel as needed, which was most of the time.

According to Vic Carucci on the pre game show, he was eluding to the fact that the Bills might be disappointed in McKelvin. (he was careful not to say it, but he gave the impression)

Take it for what it's worth.