sven233

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we're ging to be 16-0 sven? :lol:

Yup.....exactly.....

I know you are being sarcastic here, but still.......

I telling you....if the offense does not get more time together and does not look better, they can't just flip a switch when the season starts. It will be another slow start. Common sense.

Based on the first half of play, NONE of the players are ready to be starters. That is the point.

Yes, except Losman. :lol:

What I was getting at was that Hardy has all the physical talent to start, but he needs to do the little things.

The 3rd down play on the first drive, the false start, the drop. Mostly mental errors.

Only a matter of time before he is the starter, but as of tonight I don't think he should be starting come opening day.

That is all I meant.

Just when I think I have seen felicioing at its worst in the past they roll the Skins in with their announcers and you would think there was no other team on the field........

Not even a mention that the bills are playing their first game and the skins their second.......it is just that the skins are so much better.......the skins running back isn't even trying etc etc

Well that was the tale of two Hardys. The first quarter hard was missing routes, false starting coming out of motion and missing on his shifts.

Then the second quarter Hardy was in the right spot on his routes on the first drive but they didn't go to him????? Next drive, quick score, and we got to see how he can own a corner physically. He used his body such that he was the only one who could get it, and it wasn't a jump ball, he just ran a great rout.

So far, i like what i see out of Hardy. He did have a couple of bad reads and did make some mistakes, but that is fine. It is going to happen. But he has the talent. It is just a matter of the mental aspect. I believe he can do it and I think he will. Just going to take time.

But, he definately has the talent.

Well that was the tale of two Hardys. The first quarter hard was missing routes, false starting coming out of motion and missing on his shifts.

Then the second quarter Hardy was in the right spot on his routes on the first drive but they didn't go to him????? Next drive, quick score, and we got to see how he can own a corner physically. He used his body such that he was the only one who could get it, and it wasn't a jump ball, he just ran a great rout.

don't forget the perfect pass part of the equation

Yes, except Losman. :lol:

What I was getting at was that Hardy has all the physical talent to start, but he needs to do the little things.

The 3rd down play on the first drive, the false start, the drop. Mostly mental errors.

Only a matter of time before he is the starter, but as of tonight I don't think he should be starting come opening day.

That is all I meant.

Fair enough. I was getting at the fact that it was his, and the Bills', first pre-season game, against a team who already had a game under their belts. And the 3rd down play is something I've seen Evans and Reed do plenty of times, while the false start is something that can easily be corrected, and the crossing route wasn't exactly a great pass by JP.

He needs more real game experience, like he'll get during the rest of pre-season (well, as real as pre-season CAN get), but I'd rather see him start than not come opening day. He won't get better sitting on the bench.

To be honest I dont even look at the bad plays in the first game.....only the good ones.

Because the team is only going to get better.

Thats the way to watch pre-season games imho. Just look for the good stuff and further down on the improvements.

To be honest I dont even look at the bad plays in the first game.....only the good ones.

Because the team is only going to get better.

It is OK to do that......the first game will always be sloppy, most of the time. However, it is noce to have some positives to look at as well to build off of. So far, the starting offense has none of those. It would hav been good to get somehting out of them at least.

1 POSITIVE: So far, no injuries!