Rams' Steven Jackson holdingout

scribo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if any other player on the team turns into a pro bowl LT, then the Bills will have to deal with the precedent.

You, sir, must not manage people. Because if you did, I assure you you'd see the dangers in giving in to Peters at this point. Essentially, Peters and his agent have backed the Bills into a corner. The FO has only one option to maintain team unity and order - don't give him a new contract.

how does that management thing work when your best and most productive employee who has been nationally recognized for his achievements is paid half of the guy in the office next door who works on less important projects.

and the boss wants to hang in there for another year before we talk about a raise.

I can see how that would be good for morale

If the Bills are in a corner, it's their own fault because they were too arrogant to deal with this situation in the off-season.

how does that management thing work when your best and most productive employee who has been nationally recognized for his achievements is paid half of the guy in the office next door who works on less important projects.

One thing is certain... any employee that thinks the company can't go on without him, will be looking for a new job pretty soon. Ability is only half of the equation. Attitude and team morale are equally as important.

One thing is certain... any employee that thinks the company can't go on without him, will be looking for a new job pretty soon. Ability is only half of the equation. Attitude and team morale are equally as important.

people who think ability is only half the equation are usually people with very little ability.

Notice the date on your own link, obie whine. Schobel signed August 24th. Why didn't they sign him in January when they had the chance?

my recollection is they signed Kelsey in Feb and Schobel stayed away from the off season activities that year.

Schobel says he asked for the increase but do not know when he asked.

my recollection is they signed Kelsey in Feb and Schobel stayed away from the off season activities that year.

You're contradicting yourself for the sake of being a whiny B word.

Evans is getting an extension worked on = he's distracted in your warped little mind

No one was complaining that an extension was "distracting" schobel last season.

So you complain when they dont lock up their players, and then complain when they are currently "intensely negotiating" with Evans on a new deal.

As for the front office and Peters, consider this (although you may find it tough, because it doesnt fit the anti-front office crusade you're currently on).

Peters: i want to be the highest paid OL in the league

FO: we're willing to work on a new deal, but we cant make you the highest paid OL

Peters: well until you can, see ya

Evans is getting an extension worked on = he's distracted in your warped little mind

So you complain when they dont lock up their players, and then complain when they are currently "intensely negotiating" with Evans on a new deal.

As for the front office and Peters, consider this (although you may find it tough, because it doesnt fit the anti-front office crusade you're currently on).

FO: we're willing to work on a new deal, but we cant make you the highest paid OL

At this point, I'd just as soon trade him and his bad attitude for a first rounder and change. And pick a tackle who can score more than 5 on the wonderlic.

The point is you're whining every five minutes in late July that we didn't take care of Peters in January, and using Schobel as an example, who signed in late August.

The point is you're whining every five minutes in late July that we didn't take care of Peters in January, and using Schobel as an example, who signed in late August.

Schobel had 3 years left on his deal, just like Peters.

that is the relevance

Schobel had 3 years left on his deal, just like Peters.

that is the relevance

But he didnt sign until right before the season started. And you said he signed "before camp", which he didn't. So if you're going to use him as a reference, to be fair, you should wait and see whether Peters is in camp and playing or has signed a new deal a week before the season, not the first day of camp.

Do you honestly believe that he is not going to be in the starting line-up and ready to play on opening day? Or that the Bills are not going to offer him a huge contract and sign him within the next three years before he becomes a free agent? If you don't, please stop obie whining so much.

But Schobel didn't refuse to show up to any team activities.... Peters has, and that's the big difference

Seems to me that the Bills haven't refused to give Peters a new deal, they just want him in camp before they talk. The agent's stance is that he wants the new deal first. It probably doesn't hurt Peters or the team for him to be holding out in the short run (couple weeks or so). I'd be surprised if the Bills refused to give him a new deal even though I think he should play another year first.

Nothing to do with this post, but after reading some of these threads I think you should probably change your sig to include Peters on the "being run out of town" list.

Eugene Parker is one of the very best agents around.

Some of Parker's clients include:

* Hines Ward (Super Bowl XL MVP and four-time Pro Bowler)

* Richard Seymour (4 time all pro)

* Walter Jones (5 time all pro)

* Emmitt Smith (NFL all time leading rusher)

* Larry Fitzgerald (All pro)

* Derrick Brooks (9 time all pro)

* Rod Woodson (11 time all pro)

* Aeneas Williams (8 time all pro)

* Rex Grossman (Super Bowl QB)

* Devin Hester (NFL record holder, all pro)

* Cedric Benson (Super Bowl running back)

* Curtis Martin (5 time all pro)

* Laveranues Coles (all pro receiver)

* Jason Peters (all pro left tackle)

* James Hardy (Bills 2008 2nd Round Draft Pick)

* Felix Jones (Cowboys 2008 1st Round Draft Pick]

* Tashard Choice (Cowboys 2008 3rd Round Draft Pick)

* Steven Jackson (St. Louis Rams star running back)

You give these agents way too much credit for what they do. Peters reputation with the fans of our great team has gone down the tubes. I strongly believe that Parker and Peters have totally misjudged Brandon's resolve with doing things the "Bills" way. Peters is only going to come out of this looking like a fool. He either will sit out and not play this year, or come back with his tail between his legs alienating his teammates and fans alike. He ain't getting a new contract as long as he doesn't report. And how does that make Eugene Parker a great agent?

You give these agents way too much credit for what they do. Peters reputation with the fans of our great team has gone down the tubes. I strongly believe that Parker and Peters have totally misjudged Brandon's resolve with doing things the "Bills" way. Peters is only going to come out of this looking like a fool. He either will sit out and not play this year, or come back with his tail between his legs alienating his teammates and fans alike. He ain't getting a new contract as long as he doesn't report. And how does that make Eugene Parker a great agent?

Because his client is not only going to come in soon, but the Bills fans are going to love him as soon as the games start, and he's going to be one of the highest paid OLs in the league when he finally signs, which I believe will be next year. I don't give all agents a lot of credit, I hate them. I give a couple of the best a lot of credit for being the best for their clients. And Parker is one of the best.