What Bills' collectible(s) do you value the most?

I guess that I would have to say that a box of collectibles from Super Bowl XXV. In it is a hardcover Silver Anniversity of All-Time Super Bowl Team, it is a collection of football cards of past players and the 1990 AFC and NFC Champions. I also have an unopen packet of NFL Pro Set football cards of both the 1990 AFC and NFC Champions (Bills and Giants), a thick, extensive football program from Super Bowl XXV, a airbrushed Super Bowl XXV tee shirt, three plastic beer cups from that Super Bowl and a flat out ugly zuba Bills' hat. I even have a torn ticket stub from the Super Bowl XXV game.

Ah, the memories! I'm surprised how good the shape is of these articles after all these years. I'm actually thinking of putting them on eBay to see if they are really valuable or if I'm just being overly sentimental.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started collecting football cards long before I became a Bills fan, so ... a binder with every major Bills team set printed from 1960-1990. (Some of the newer ones are in a different book, but I stopped buying all of them when they started printing thirty-leven new sets every year.)

A pair of autographed Eric Moulds game used cleats and auto'd glove. A very close 2nd would have to be (because of how obtained), a lithograph that Kelly signed for me while we both walked down the tunnel at Rich stadium 20 minutes before the Cinci. game in '96. Honorable mention, a mini helmet signed by Kelly, Thurmal and Bruce.

I started collecting football cards long before I became a Bills fan, so ... a binder with every major Bills team set printed from 1960-1990. (Some of the newer ones are in a different book, but I stopped buying all of them when they started printing thirty-leven new sets every year.)

Same here. I stopped mine a little later than you, but it is complete from 1960 to about 2000 (maybe 1999). I guess the highlight for me (at least for the current Bills franchise) would be the helmets. I have all helmets used from 1960 to the latest, including the throwback Red with white standing buffalo. All are in mini and full size and in cases. I also have all four Super Bowl footballs. I am also complete on media guides from 1960 to about 2004.

What I like the most in my collection overall is the stuff from the original franchise, including game programs, media guides, photos and game films. I guess the time I have spent interviewing the players from that era has made that stuff personal to me.

I have the Gameday programs from every Bills regular season & playoff home game since the game I missed in 1990. This includes, of course, the comeback game. Last year I missed the Patriots game & had someone get me the program. I've already sold the 49ers game ticket with the contingency that they get me a program. I was very disappointed when they stopped selling the real programs and switched to the little free ones, but I've adjusted to them. I also have all 4 Super Bowl programs in plastic with my ticket stubs. The interesting thing about the Super Bowl programs is that for Super Bowl XXV, there were 2 different programs distributed. One had the 4 teams in the conference championship games without a recap of the conference championship game and the one sold at the stadium the day of the game had just the Giants & Bills, with the championship game recaps included.

Like KRC, ditto. Really treasure my AFL cards.

Also have helmets, books, pennants and autographed team pics' covering every decade.

My ex did some charity event with a former Pats* TE back in the 90s, I forget his name. But he got a football for me signed by Kelly, Thomas, Reed and Smith.

p.s. so naturally, I said to my ex: "what, no Kent Hull?"

Forgot to add the most 'valuable' collectable is an autographed football given to me by an ex-boss, signed by 35 Bills throughout the years -garnered at a Bills alum function. Amazing piece of Bills memorabilia, but I wasn't there to meet and see the autographs' signed -so I can't authenticate, though I'm sure it's legit.

I have an obscene amount of Bills stuff, but my card collection is probably the most valuable. I have over 10,000 different Bills cards, 1960-2008....everything under the sun...all the major card manufacturers, as well as food issue items (King Bee, Dairylee milk cartons, McDonalds, Bells supermarket, Erie County Sherrifs Dept, Athletes In Action...), it really has become an obsession/expensive habit. I have over 500 certified autographed cards (pulled out of packs, not necessarily by me!) and about 1,000 jersey cards. I have thousands of doubles...anyone interested, PM me!!!

In addition to the cards, I have about 100 autographed 8x10's (every head coach, except Buster Ramsey!), as well as about 450 different autographed cards, obtained since the early 1970's at training camps, games and through the mail. I keep saying I am going to stop, and I can go a year or so, but the urge always kicks in again. Ebay has made collecting this stuff easier (though not as fun as going to card shops and shows), and cheaper.

Despite all that, the thing I treausre most, and something I got at the time it was new, is a 7-11 slurpee cup, from 1972, featuring then Bills quarterback Dennis Shaw. I was born in 1965, and started my Bills fanatacism around 1972, when Shaw was the starting QB. My name is also Dennis. I hated the name as a kid, because I always got called "Dennis the Menace" (still today, very original!), but Shaw made me proud of my name. It still sits, to this day, along with a JD Hill cup, from the same series, on my desk. I am sure the lead they used for the illustration makes it unusable today! :thumbsup: I look at it every day! It isn't the oldest thing I have, but it is the thing I have had longest.