What Bills' collectible(s) do you value the most?

My opening day ticket, coin and card from the inaugural season at 'Rich'

2 stadium seats that I mounted and watch Bills games from

3 Letters from Marv Levy

The photo of Jim Kelly signing my son's jersey

Would love to see a picture of that, sounds pretty cool.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1962 Buffalo Bills Boosters Club, Inc. (not Bills Backers) wool topcoat with my father's name embroidered on the inside. I try to wear it to a cold weather game every year.

That sounds awesome! You got any way to post a picutre of it? I love that old stuff...I just recently purchased, on Ebay, two media packets (I am not sure what else to call them) for the two AAFC Buffalo Bills teams of the 1940's. I don't know why older stuff like this fascinates me so much.

That sounds awesome! You got any way to post a picutre of it? I love that old stuff...I just recently purchased, on Ebay, two media packets (I am not sure what else to call them) for the two AAFC Buffalo Bills teams of the 1940's. I don't know why older stuff like this fascinates me so much.

Could you give me more detail on the AAFC stuff you purchased. I might be able to help you with more, if I know what you already have.

Could you give me more detail on the AAFC stuff you purchased. I might be able to help you with more, if I know what you already have.

Oh, the only things I have from the AAFC teams are team photos of the 1948 and 1949 teams, and then, these two 1948 and 1949 "Press and Radio Books"...pretty neat stuff. What other stuff is out there? I have been able to find out very little specific information (particularly with any historical context) of the original Buffalo Bills team. I would dare bet, about half the people on this board aren't even aware that there was another Buffalo Bills football franchise. I consider myself a bit of a sports history buff, and I don't think I was even aware of this, until a bit later in my life (I am 43). Would have loved to see the original Bills square off against the LA Dons....or the Chicago Rockets. Don't know why, but stuff like this always interests me. Flipping through a set of 1960 Fleer Buffalo Bills cards, it is cool to see guys bios on the back, with their hometowns listed as places like Town of Tonawanda or Dunkirk...

Oh, the only things I have from the AAFC teams are team photos of the 1948 and 1949 teams, and then, these two 1948 and 1949 "Press and Radio Books"...pretty neat stuff. What other stuff is out there? I have been able to find out very little specific information (particularly with any historical context) of the original Buffalo Bills team. I would dare bet, about half the people on this board aren't even aware that there was another Buffalo Bills football franchise. I consider myself a bit of a sports history buff, and I don't think I was even aware of this, until a bit later in my life (I am 43). Would have loved to see the original Bills square off against the LA Dons....or the Chicago Rockets. Don't know why, but stuff like this always interests me. Flipping through a set of 1960 Fleer Buffalo Bills cards, it is cool to see guys bios on the back, with their hometowns listed as places like Town of Tonawanda or Dunkirk...

Well, then you will be happy to know that I am writing a book on that AAFC franchise, which includes exclusive interviews with the surviving members of the team, as well as interviews with other players from the AAFC. I am expecting to have the writing done early next year. I am also trying to get that franchise inducted into the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame. Hopefully, that will happen next year. It is my contention that the current Bills franchise would not exist if it were not for the Bills of the 1940s. [/shameless self-promotion]

If there is something specific that you want to know about them, let me know.

PM me your name and address and I will put together a little care package for you.

Well, then you will be happy to know that I am writing a book on that AAFC franchise, which includes exclusive interviews with the surviving members of the team, as well as interviews with other players from the AAFC. I am expecting to have the writing done early next year. I am also trying to get that franchise inducted into the Greater Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame. Hopefully, that will happen next year. It is my contention that the current Bills franchise would not exist if it were not for the Bills of the 1940s. [/shameless self-promotion]

If there is something specific that you want to know about them, let me know.

PM me your name and address and I will put together a little care package for you.

I'd greatly appreciate a care pkg myself.

Won't be finshed writing 'til next year?!? Quit wastin' time around here and get writng!! LOL! :D

Guest dog14787

I'm not sure its considered a collectible, but one of my late fathers fondest memories is from a Buffalo Bills practice he visited with my little niece who was only about four at the time. Jim Kelly had thrown Caldwell Gardner a pass which he in turn dropped (Gardner was good at that) and the ball bounced over to my little niece (Paris). So she tried to throw the ball back to Caldwell, kind of rolled it to him, and Gardner come over, ruffled my little nieces hair and handed her the ball back.

He looked like a giant standing over her my Dad said. :thumbsup:

When my Dad used to tell the story he would get teary eyed so needles to say it was a very fond memory and the football is by far the best collectible we have.

We all love the Buffalo Bills and cherish all the memories our great team has given us over the years :thumbsup:

I guess that I would have to say that a box of collectibles from Super Bowl XXV. In it is a hardcover Silver Anniversity of All-Time Super Bowl Team, it is a collection of football cards of past players and the 1990 AFC and NFC Champions. I also have an unopen packet of NFL Pro Set football cards of both the 1990 AFC and NFC Champions (Bills and Giants), a thick, extensive football program from Super Bowl XXV, a airbrushed Super Bowl XXV tee shirt, three plastic beer cups from that Super Bowl and a flat out ugly zuba Bills' hat. I even have a torn ticket stub from the Super Bowl XXV game.

Ah, the memories! I'm surprised how good the shape is of these articles after all these years. I'm actually thinking of putting them on eBay to see if they are really valuable or if I'm just being overly sentimental.

I have a very special Bills belt buckle. On the back it says that "This exlclusive limited edition buckle has been issued to commemorate the Buffalo Bills football team. This buckle is dedicated to the loyal Buffalo Bills Fans."

There were 10,000 of these buckles made, I have #8293. BUT what makes it really special is that it use to belong to Elijah Pitts. It was given to me by his window.

I have a very special Bills belt buckle. On the back it says that "This exlclusive limited edition buckle has been issued to commemorate the Buffalo Bills football team. This buckle is dedicated to the loyal Buffalo Bills Fans."

There were 10,000 of these buckles made, I have #8293. BUT what makes it really special is that it use to belong to Elijah Pitts. It was given to me by his window.

That indeed is very special. It says alot about who you are as a Bills' fan. Elijah was/is a good man and I miss him. I'm very impressed with the fierce loyalty and dedication that so many have shown with their collectibles (collectables?). Even though it's #8293 I couldn't imagine that the #1 has more value than yours.