Anyone actually getting an Iphone 3g tomorrow?

Corp000085

I am not, but i'm curious as to who may be camping out tonight or early early tomorrow morning.

My big phone day is saturday, when my new every two is due for verizon. I'm dumping my razr and getting a blackberry curve.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not, but i'm curious as to who may be camping out tonight or early early tomorrow morning.

My big phone day is saturday, when my new every two is due for verizon. I'm dumping my razr and getting a blackberry curve.

I am. My work is paying me to wait in line and once I get it, I'm opening it up and doing investigative research on what's inside.

If you guys are interested, the teardown video and article will be online Friday at www.eetimes.com

I'm also documenting my wait in line in Canada tomorrow too. That'll be up around 9 am tomorrow on the same site.

I am. My work is paying me to wait in line and once I get it, I'm opening it up and doing investigative research on what's inside.

If you guys are interested, the teardown video and article will be online Friday at www.eetimes.com

I'm also documenting my wait in line in Canada tomorrow too. That'll be up around 9 am tomorrow on the same site.

are you with those g uys who waited in line for a day for the xbox360 only to smash it with a hammer after you get it?

I'm curious if the upgraded OS for the iPod Touch will be available tomorrow, and if I should wait before upgrading? Any opinions?

PTR

I don't know, but I'm looking to get one soon. I'm guessing Apple will upgrade the iPod line sometime this fall, so I may wait until then.

Two quick things:

1) If your new every two is Saturday, call today, they'll give you it now with VERY little arguing. I got mine 4.5 months early with a few phone calls. 2 days? You should barely break a sweat :rolleyes:

2) Consider the Dare. I really love it and have tried so many phones its ridiculous. The Blackberry is of course a smartphone, so if you NEED one of those, the Dare won't cut it, but you did have a Razr, so you obviously didn't have a smartphone to begin with. If you want internet, its $15 a month unlimited (and the Dare, unbelieveably, gets YOUTUBE) whereas any smartphone from Verizon will cost $45 a month for unlimited.

If you don't NEED a smartphone (for work, etc) then I would really recommend it.

I owned the LGVX8300 for years because I loved it. I owned the LG Voyager for 3 days because the touch screen SUCKS, the HTC Touch for Verizon had a better touch screen, but still not as good as the Dare.

The Dare's touch screen is the closest to the iPhone I have ever owned or played with. Far better than the Instinct by Sprint.

steve,

I really have myself set on a blackberry. I don't have it set up with my work account, so it will cost me an extra $30/month. However, I want the phone for the internet capability, as well as its ability to sync with outlook. The only place where I am organized in my entire life is in outlook. However, I can't put outlook in my pocket. Now that my budget can handle an extra $30/month, I can have that capability.

On a side note, what do I have to say/threaten when I go into the store on saturday to possibly get a free text message package? At $0.20/text or $10/month/phone, they're really raping their customers. Is this something that I just have to ask for, should I nudge that I may switch carriers, or should I not even bother to haggle? Keep in mind, i have verizon service, and one of my co-worker's husband is the store manager. We're not friends, but we're buddies, so that my be in my favor.

Back to the original thread topic though, my brother is currently waiting in line in Jametown for the 8:00am release tomorrow. If all goes well, he'll be e-mailing me with the phone by 9am. Unfortunately, he's not a TBDer, so he won't be posting a quick review here.

are you with those g uys who waited in line for a day for the xbox360 only to smash it with a hammer after you get it?

Ha ha no, no, we do our work in the interest of science not to be maliciously funny like those guys.