Anyone actually getting an Iphone 3g tomorrow?

Corp000085

Two quick things:

1) If your new every two is Saturday, call today, they'll give you it now with VERY little arguing. I got mine 4.5 months early with a few phone calls. 2 days? You should barely break a sweat :rolleyes:

2) Consider the Dare. I really love it and have tried so many phones its ridiculous. The Blackberry is of course a smartphone, so if you NEED one of those, the Dare won't cut it, but you did have a Razr, so you obviously didn't have a smartphone to begin with. If you want internet, its $15 a month unlimited (and the Dare, unbelieveably, gets YOUTUBE) whereas any smartphone from Verizon will cost $45 a month for unlimited.

If you don't NEED a smartphone (for work, etc) then I would really recommend it.

I owned the LGVX8300 for years because I loved it. I owned the LG Voyager for 3 days because the touch screen SUCKS, the HTC Touch for Verizon had a better touch screen, but still not as good as the Dare.

The Dare's touch screen is the closest to the iPhone I have ever owned or played with. Far better than the Instinct by Sprint.

sh--,

I can still check my yahoo email through the web, correct? Also, how do you find the size? I have a KRZR right now and love that it is tiny.

I'm tempted just for the youtube feature alone.

Are they carrying these in the stores or do I have to go through the web? I'd like to hold it (that's what she said) and see how it feels (that's what she said)

Is the $15 a month the V-cast thing? Do you pay for text messages on top of that?

What about AIM? I think my phone has that now, so I'm assuming it's included...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the original thread topic though, my brother is currently waiting in line in Jamestown for the 8:00am release tomorrow.

:rolleyes:

he got the first one. he and a friend got there around midnight last night and were the only two till about 6am. no reviews yet. his number isn't even ported over from his old phone yet.

sh--,

I can still check my yahoo email through the web, correct? Also, how do you find the size? I have a KRZR right now and love that it is tiny.

I'm tempted just for the youtube feature alone.

Are they carrying these in the stores or do I have to go through the web? I'd like to hold it (that's what she said) and see how it feels (that's what she said)

Is the $15 a month the V-cast thing? Do you pay for text messages on top of that?

What about AIM? I think my phone has that now, so I'm assuming it's included...

I believe I pay $10 a month for unlimited (or 500) texts OUTSIDE of verizon-to-verizon (which are free).

Yes, you can check your yahoo mail. You would just go to yahoo.com. I use it for my gmail account. The best is by turning in 90 degrees, it goes into landscape mode for easier viewing (this option clearly stolen directly from the iPhone).

$15 a month is the full HTML web (not including flash, but for whatever reason, it does include youtube. I went to youtube.com expecting it to say "are you kidding me?" and the first video I pulled up played almost immediately through EVDO). I'm still not quite sure what VCast does/is and I've had verizon for years. I think VCast means you have the privilege of spending $1.99 per song :rolleyes:... I just use a micro SD card (I have a 2GB one, dirt cheap on eBay) for my music.

The phone is SMALL. A good amount smaller than the iphone.

Phonescoop is pretty much the authority on cell phones. Their review:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=204

Their comment on the size:

"The Dare is nearly perfect in size. It is about the same size as a Motorola RAZR2 when the RAZR is closed. "

Next to the iPhone:

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article...=365&h=9971

the lines at every AT&T store in atlanta were ridiculous. and the Mac store at the mall was 10x worse.

its just a phone, people. and its not even a brand new phone.

i guarantee 2/3 of the people that were in those lines won't even vote...

the lines at every AT&T store in atlanta were ridiculous. and the Mac store at the mall was 10x worse.

its just a phone, people. and its not even a brand new phone.

i guarantee 2/3 of the people that were in those lines won't even vote...

What's does voting have to do with buying a mini-mac?

What's does voting have to do with buying a mini-mac?

it means that people are way too worried about being consumers and not worried about bigger, important things.

theyll take a whole day to stand in a line to get a CELL PHONE but wont be bothered to take 15 minutes to help decide the fate of the free world.

I'm trying to install OS 2.0 into my iPod Touch. Just like the news is reporting, iTunes is not functioning correctly and I can't get it to download. Too bad because I'm drooling over the new App Store. I'm going to be installing a number of new widgets. My iTouch is already my binky. I'll be sleeping with it under my pillow once I get 2.0 installed!

PTR

I'm trying to install OS 2.0 into my iPod Touch. Just like the news is reporting, iTunes is not functioning correctly and I can't get it to download. Too bad because I'm drooling over the new App Store. I'm going to be installing a number of new widgets. My iTouch is already my binky. I'll be sleeping with it under my pillow once I get 2.0 installed!

PTR

this isnt much of a surprise since there are MILLIONS of people all hitting the servers trying to download it today.

your best bet is just chilling out until next week. too many trendy college kids with nothing better to do are crashing your party today.

this isnt much of a surprise since there are MILLIONS of people all hitting the servers trying to download it today.

youre best bet is just chilling out until next week. too many trendy college kids with nothing better to do are crashing your party today.

Thank you for helping me explain that getting a cool phone is trendy. Now I just need you help in explaining why driving a nice car is not. :blink:

You don't need to surf the net while you drink your latte. I need a car. Once again what's your point.

That's right everyone else doesn't need the things they think they need, but you do...thanks now I get it.

I was able to update my iPod Touch this morning. I'm walking around with a tent in my pants over these apps. Some of the best ones are even free! I have Sudoku, Texas Hold'em, New York Times, Tuner for streaming audio, AIM, and Movies app. But the blow-me-away app is called Remote. Its free and it actually controls your iTunes remotely via wi-fi! My wife is a DJ and dance instructor and uses iTunes so now she can actually run her music by remote from the iPod from the dance floor. Wow.

PTR

I ordered my blackberry today and got my wife a replacement phone. I got an employee discount on the BB service too. Unfortunately, they were out of stock, so mine will be fed ex'd to the store on tuesday. I did get a $20 discount since it wasn't available for me today as well as the fact that I'm friends with the manager. Sucks I don't have aphone today, but it will be really awesome on tuesday!

Two quick things:

1) If your new every two is Saturday, call today, they'll give you it now with VERY little arguing. I got mine 4.5 months early with a few phone calls. 2 days? You should barely break a sweat :devil:

2) Consider the Dare. I really love it and have tried so many phones its ridiculous. The Blackberry is of course a smartphone, so if you NEED one of those, the Dare won't cut it, but you did have a Razr, so you obviously didn't have a smartphone to begin with. If you want internet, its $15 a month unlimited (and the Dare, unbelieveably, gets YOUTUBE) whereas any smartphone from Verizon will cost $45 a month for unlimited.

If you don't NEED a smartphone (for work, etc) then I would really recommend it.

I owned the LGVX8300 for years because I loved it. I owned the LG Voyager for 3 days because the touch screen SUCKS, the HTC Touch for Verizon had a better touch screen, but still not as good as the Dare.

The Dare's touch screen is the closest to the iPhone I have ever owned or played with. Far better than the Instinct by Sprint.

first post on my new dare