Bills fan turns into Pats fan wants back into Bills fandom

Background History:

My friend grew up in Western New York as a Bills fan. His whole family roots for the Bills. Around 1993, he switched to rooting for the Patriots. He says because of Drew Bledsoe. This guy once sat in awe at the same table with Jim Kelly and Andre Reed for a midget football banquet at the Castle Inn in Olean. Now at the age of 26 he wants back into the Bills family. I say no but I want to hear the opinion of fellow Bills fans. Should he be allowed back into Bills fandom or did he sell his soul to the devil?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Background History:

My friend grew up in Western New York as a Bills fan. His whole family roots for the Bills. Around 1993, he switched to rooting for the Patriots. He says because of Drew Bledsoe. This guy once sat in awe at the same table as Jim Kelly and Andre Reed for a midget football banquet at the Castle Inn in Olean. Now at the age of 26 he wants back into the Bills family. I say no but I want to hear the opinion of fellow Bills fans. Should he be allowed back into Bills fandom or did he sell his soul to the devil?

:wallbash:

It's not like choosing between Coke and Pepsi.

Background History:

My friend grew up in Western New York as a Bills fan. His whole family roots for the Bills. Around 1993, he switched to rooting for the Patriots. He says because of Drew Bledsoe. This guy once sat in awe at the same table as Jim Kelly and Andre Reed for a midget football banquet at the Castle Inn in Olean. Now at the age of 26 he wants back into the Bills family. I say no but I want to hear the opinion of fellow Bills fans. Should he be allowed back into Bills fandom or did he sell his soul to the devil?

Wouldn't that be kinda like an ex-spouse wanting to "come back" after going off and having kids and a family elsewhere?

In order to be a true Bills fan you don't have to make a choice. It's a passion that you have in your heart. Anyone that could "root" for another team doesn't have that passion. I don't care if my BROTHER was on the Patriots I wouldn't stop being a Bills fan. It's as simple as that.

Absolutely, positively, DO NOT let him back in. I don't care how old your are. If he could switch at 11, then first and foremost, he had a terrible influence at home. Second of all, you can't take a couple of world championships in and then decide to go back to your roots. It doesn't work that way.

Background History:

My friend grew up in Western New York as a Bills fan. His whole family roots for the Bills. Around 1993, he switched to rooting for the Patriots. He says because of Drew Bledsoe. This guy once sat in awe at the same table with Jim Kelly and Andre Reed for a midget football banquet at the Castle Inn in Olean. Now at the age of 26 he wants back into the Bills family. I say no but I want to hear the opinion of fellow Bills fans. Should he be allowed back into Bills fandom or did he sell his soul to the devil?

My initial thought was no, but everyone makes stupid mistakes when they are 11.

He should be considered a Bills fan*

He cheered for the *s while they were running up the score on us. He was cheering for them even though *ichek is a cheating, lying, dickless scumbag. He stood up and cheered every time *fork or *ison cheap shotted someone. He got his man-panties in a bunch every time *y was hit and cryed for a penalty. He proudly wore the flying elvi logo around and bragged about the *s winning super bowls.

And now that the *s lost in the super bowl, and the luster has come off of the steaming pile from * England, he wants to crawl back to us? No I say, he may wear our jersey, he may cheer for the team, but he will NEVER be a true fan of the Buffalo Bills. Being a Bills fan is a life-long commitment, not something you choose to do when convenient.

He cheered for the *s while they were running up the score on us. He was cheering for them even though *ichek is a cheating, lying, dickless scumbag. He stood up and cheered every time *fork or *ison cheap shotted someone. He got his man-panties in a bunch every time *y was hit and cryed for a penalty. He proudly wore the flying elvi logo around and bragged about the *s winning super bowls.

And now that the *s lost in the super bowl, and the luster has come off of the steaming pile from * England, he wants to crawl back to us? No I say, he may wear our jersey, he may cheer for the team, but he will NEVER be a true fan of the Buffalo Bills. Being a Bills fan is a life-long commitment, not something you choose to do when convenient.

My initial thought was no, but everyone makes stupid mistakes when they are 11.

He should be considered a Bills fan*

Welcome back the Prodigal Son. Give him a Bills hat, take him to a training camp session, sacrifice the fattened kielbasa and pour the Genny Cream Ale. Remember that the most fervent believers are often the sheep who were once lost.

People, we aren't in a position to be turning away those who would support the team. I've brought a couple of soft-core Pats fans into the Bills fold and we're now Bills buddies.

... Just, watch him pretty closely for the next two seasons.

He was 11 yrs old at the time. Give the kid a break. We need as many fans as we can get. :wallbash:

Aye. A slippery slope that be.

Let little Junior there back into the klan without a proper delousing and next we'll be havin' the likes of TBone all gussied up in his Lynch jersey singing "Shout" at the opening tailgate.

At minimum he should have a toe or finger broken to even be considered for redemption.

Have him contact Beerball - who went through a lot more than breaking a single toe - and that was for nothing near as serious as this lad's being a disloyal turn-coat boot-lickin' jock-sniffin' dope-smokin' sheep-heardin'-poachin'-homesteader. Here's to you Patsie fans: May the breath you take shouting glorious praise to your cheating prick heroes be your last.

Too many inconsistencies in his fandom. If Bledsoe was his man and caused him to go to the Pats, why not come back to the Bills when he was traded to us? The answer: Because the Pats were winning and we weren't. He fell in love with the limp wristed Brady and forgot all about ol' Bledsoe. Now that the Pats are no longer the respectable team that they were before everyone found out they cheated, he's looking for a new QB and team to follow who's on the upswing. Enter Trent Edwards and the newly revamped Bills.

Definition of a fairweather fan (and by that account, he sounds a little gay, too :wallbash: ).

Too many inconsistencies in his fandom. If Bledsoe was his man and caused him to go to the Pats, why not come back to the Bills when he was traded to us? The answer: Because the Pats were winning and we weren't. He fell in love with the limp wristed Brady and forgot all about ol' Bledsoe. Now that the Pats are no longer the respectable team that they were before everyone found out they cheated, he's looking for a new QB and team to follow who's on the upswing. Enter Trent Edwards and the newly revamped Bills.

Definition of a fairweather fan (and by that account, he sounds a little gay, too :wallbash: ).

My thoughts, exactly. NFW.....

He was 11 yrs old at the time. Give the kid a break. We need as many fans as we can get. :o

If anything then, his parents should be put on trial and kicked out of the Bills kingdom. How in the world do this kid's parents let this happen?