What are you most excited about?

scribo

But I am most excited about our secondary.

Oh yeah.....me too. :D

Seriously, I heard an interview with Kelsay, and he was very excited about Stroud. He stated that pressure starts from the middle. I also heard John Henderson on Sirius, and he was very upset about Stroud leaving town.

I saw Poz at RWS last season, and I think that he clearly has the potential to be a very solid LB, if not a star. A healthy Poz would be nothing short of great news.

Last but not least, it will be great to watch Edwards develop. I think that he will have a very good season this year if the OL stays healthy.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said and I am very interested in how teams TRY to plan for and stop:

McGee, McKelvin, and Parrish

in the return game.... Plus now we have guys like DiGiorgio and Ellison to play ST's ... Bobby A must be salivating!!!

Breakout year prediction - Greer - hardest working man on the Bills roster!!

Great point regarding our return men. Could there be a team with a more impressive bunch? Of course, we don't know what McKelvin's return game is going to be like in the NFL, but I cannot want to find out.

The hiring of April may have been the best thing our front office has done in a decade. I am even more excited about the prospect of having McGee, McKelvin, and Parrish because I know April is smart enough to devise effective ways to use all three of them.

I'm actually looking forward to finally have an offense that might try passing the ball. I think that Trent was beginning to feel in tune with the system and with the changes that Schonert is implementing, I think the offense could be dangerous. Lee Evans should have a great season if Trent and he continue to put in that extra work. I'm looking forward also to seeing how the D-Line plays now that McCargo is going to be a full time starter next to Stroud. With a healthy Poz and Mitchell backing them up, our run D should be much improved and we should be able to get much more pressure on the QB's from the outside with better push in the middle of the line. I think Buffalo is on pace for an excellent season defensively, and with even modest improvement on Offense, we could be looking at 9, 10, or even 11 wins.

There's absolutely nothing to get exciting about while we have a Dick Jauron coached team. I was excited last year and was severely disappointed when he said they were going to open things up only to watch the most conservative, boring, inept and painfully predictable offense I've ever seen in my life as a Bills fan. Perhaps Marshawn Lynch can have more than 18 measly receptions this year. Sorry, but this is the "show me, don't tell me" year.

Terrible. :thumbsup:

Because what he was really saying was "I want to see Marshawn run over people like a Porsche Cayenne SUV." :thumbsup:

Oh ok...didn't know people were still bringing up that little traffic violation.

Thanks for clarification!

There is a lot to be excited about in the coming season, to be sure. Who or what are you most excited about pertaining to the 2008 Bills’ season?

I cannot wait to see how Poz does in his return, how Edwards progresses in his second NFL year, what “Beast Mode” is like with a fullback and season under his belt, how Stroud will play in his new setting, just how fast Ellis is, what the new DT rotation will do for Aaron, how Mitchell will punish Brady, and how a tall WR will help the offense in the red zone. I want to see if Fast Freddy can keep it going, if Moorman can return to Pro Bowl form and how our offensive line will do after a full year together. I am really looking forward to seeing Turk’s new offensive schemes, and even how the Toronto experiment works out.

But I am most excited about our secondary. I think the Bills have a set of defensive backs that can be really special. I am among those who thought Greer and McGee had a very good 2007 campaign considerin the dire lack of a pass rush. I think Greer is vastly underrated, capable of covering any receiver one-on-one in the league, save maybe Moss. I have watched clips and read about each of the corners drafted, and there is a ton of potential there. Throw in the signing of Will James, which is a much bigger deal, in my humble opinion, than the media as a whole or even us fans seem to think, and we might have the deepest lineup of cornerbacks in the league.

Then comes the safeties, where I think the heart of the team resides now. Whitner, as young as he is, has stepped up to become the biggest leader on the entire team. This is the year he pulls away from most other safeties in the league, hopefully earning a trip to Hawaii. With quality nickel and dime backs this season, Whitner is going to be able fly around, instilling fear all over the field. But the most important thing is that he is going to keep the defense focused, calm and mean.

I was very high on Ko Simpson after his rookie season. Hoping he stays healthy, I am really excited about his comeback. And Wilson and Wendling provide decent depth at safety.

You nailed it all. I feel just as optimistic and excited as you do for the season. The potential for great things is there.

But I'm also excited to see what Evans is going to do, especially seing he is in his contract year, playing opposite Hardy, and will have a more seasoned Edwards throwing to him.

You nailed it all. I feel just as optimistic and excited as you do for the season. The potential for great things is there.

But I'm also excited to see what Evans is going to do, especially seing he is in his contract year, playing opposite Hardy, and will have a more seasoned Edwards throwing to him.

Yes, I falied to mention Evans. But it is Hardy who really has me hyped up about our passing game. First, as you eluded to, having Hardy opposite Evans is going to force teams to play us a lot more fairly than they did last year. Hardy's size alone is going to make defensive coordinators take notice and ensure a DB of some quality will be on him; hopefully, keeping teams from double and triple covering Evans every passing down. I think we know what we have in Josh, a reliable but non-spectaular receiver. But Parrish is another story; he may have a real breakout year at receiver with defenses focusing on Evans and Hardy.

There's absolutely nothing to get exciting about while we have a Dick Jauron coached team. I was excited last year and was severely disappointed when he said they were going to open things up only to watch the most conservative, boring, inept and painfully predictable offense I've ever seen in my life as a Bills fan. Perhaps Marshawn Lynch can have more than 18 measly receptions this year. Sorry, but this is the "show me, don't tell me" year.

Right on schedule.

Im excited to see McKelvin take some pressure off McGee...Ive never seen McKelvin return kicks so.....some people say he can be more dangerous then McGee....?

But the guys I cant wait to see are, Poz, Stroud, Mitchell & McCargo. I have a gut feeling McCargo will be in the talks of his first pro bowl if Stroud can play to his full ability.

I am excited that I think our Defense is going to be good enough to win even when our offense has a bad day......

I REALLY like the possibilities of this defense with Stroud on board........he will command attention allowing McCargo and company to make plays.....and since we actually have a presense in the middle this will make our DE's look better

Lets not forget about our LB core who has a Super Bowl winning Linebacker, a playmaker in Angelo Crowell, and Poz.......who in my opinion would have won defensive rookie of the year had he stayed healthy

Behind them is a DEEP stable of corners......and the safety duo back together again