What are you most excited about?

scribo

There is a lot to be excited about in the coming season, to be sure. Who or what are you most excited about pertaining to the 2008 Bills’ season?

I cannot wait to see how Poz does in his return, how Edwards progresses in his second NFL year, what “Beast Mode” is like with a fullback and season under his belt, how Stroud will play in his new setting, just how fast Ellis is, what the new DT rotation will do for Aaron, how Mitchell will punish Brady, and how a tall WR will help the offense in the red zone. I want to see if Fast Freddy can keep it going, if Moorman can return to Pro Bowl form and how our offensive line will do after a full year together. I am really looking forward to seeing Turk’s new offensive schemes, and even how the Toronto experiment works out.

But I am most excited about our secondary. I think the Bills have a set of defensive backs that can be really special. I am among those who thought Greer and McGee had a very good 2007 campaign considerin the dire lack of a pass rush. I think Greer is vastly underrated, capable of covering any receiver one-on-one in the league, save maybe Moss. I have watched clips and read about each of the corners drafted, and there is a ton of potential there. Throw in the signing of Will James, which is a much bigger deal, in my humble opinion, than the media as a whole or even us fans seem to think, and we might have the deepest lineup of cornerbacks in the league.

Then comes the safeties, where I think the heart of the team resides now. Whitner, as young as he is, has stepped up to become the biggest leader on the entire team. This is the year he pulls away from most other safeties in the league, hopefully earning a trip to Hawaii. With quality nickel and dime backs this season, Whitner is going to be able fly around, instilling fear all over the field. But the most important thing is that he is going to keep the defense focused, calm and mean.

I was very high on Ko Simpson after his rookie season. Hoping he stays healthy, I am really excited about his comeback. And Wilson and Wendling provide decent depth at safety.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, a thread about Bills football :P

You mentioned Trent - I am very excited to watch him progress. he had arguably the best rookie QB season in Bills history.

You failed to mention Stroud - I am very excited to see him stuff the run forcing teams into third and longs. I am expecting the Bills to double

or even triple their sack totals from last year plus way more INTs.

I am cautiously optimistic that Marshawn can advance further both as a runner and as a receiver.

Speaking of receivers....will Evans return as a major force and can hardy contribute? Which Tight End will be the main go-to guy in that position?

-RnJ

wow, a thread about Bills football :P

You mentioned Trent - I am very excited to watch him progress. he had arguably the best rookie QB season in Bills history.

You failed to mention Stroud - I am very excited to see him stuff the run forcing teams into third and longs. I am expecting the Bills to double

or even triple their sack totals from last year plus way more INTs.

I am cautiously optimistic that Marshawn can advance further both as a runner and as a receiver.

Speaking of receivers....will Evans return as a major force and can hardy contribute? Which Tight End will be the main go-to guy in that position?

-RnJ

A thread about football is just what I NEED.

As for Stroud, I am very much looking forward to seeing what he can do for us. I wrote:

cannot wait to see how Poz does in his return, how Edwards progresses in his second NFL year, what “Beast Mode” is like with a fullback and season under his belt, how Stroud will play in his new setting, just how fast Ellis is, what the new DT rotation will do for Aaron, how Mitchell will punish Brady, and how a tall WR will help the offense in the red zone.

I didn't mention anything about Evans, but his play may be a big storyline for the team this season. I think he'll have a new contract soon, so the question will be whether he was worth the big money he is going to get. I really hope so, and I thnk Hardy is going to help ensure it is.

Things I want to see--a productive offense. Please Turk--show us that you have what it takes.

A defense that can stop the run. Stroud will be a big help if he can stay on the field, and while I'm not enamored with our DEs I hope that improved play in the middle helps the ends as well. I want to see LBs flying to the ball and annihilating RBs and QBs.

I want to see our STs continue to perform at the highest level. Special Teams must win us 1-2 games this season.

Things I want to see--a productive offense. Please Turk--show us that you have what it takes.

A defense that can stop the run. Stroud will be a big help if he can stay on the field, and while I'm not enamored with our DEs I hope that improved play in the middle helps the ends as well. I want to see LBs flying to the ball and annihilating RBs and QBs.

I want to see our STs continue to perform at the highest level. Special Teams must win us 1-2 games this season.

Good points. Whether or not Turk's system will likely be the difference between playing in January and hoping for another Sabres game at the Ralph.

Ideally, I would like our defense and offense to be so good that special teams will just be the icing on top. If we have to rely on the special teams to win us some games than we are in trouble.

1. If Hardy can be a reliable #2 WR

2. What our TE's can contribute to the passing game

3. Stroud / McCargo / Kyle Williams

If Hardy can step up and become a consistent #2, and Stroud improves our running game, we're finally in business.

wow! good thread and a lot of great points.

I am excited about seeing the new offense. Will we use Marshawn more? I would be excited to see that. Excited that I won't be able to call the plays--as we all did with Fairchild.

Excited about the new additions and athletecism on defense. We might have the makings of a shut-down D.

I am also ready to 5 probowlers develop and form the nucleous of our team: Poz, Peters, Whitner, Evans and Moorman.

I'm excited by alot but nervous that I may be getting my hopes up.

uh, yeh, that's the definition of being a Bills fan.

Interesting, though, about the ticket sales. No playoffs since 1999 and almost every game is already sold out before the season has started for the first time in like 15 years.

YOU "may be getting {your} hopes up"? Get in line, pal. (apparently)

I repeat: Bills MUST get out of the gate fast this year. Win the friggin' Home Opener!!!

Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a lot to be excited about in the coming season, to be sure. Who or what are you most excited about pertaining to the 2008 Bills’ season?

I cannot wait to see how Poz does in his return, how Edwards progresses in his second NFL year, what “Beast Mode” is like with a fullback and season under his belt, how Stroud will play in his new setting, just how fast Ellis is, what the new DT rotation will do for Aaron, how Mitchell will punish Brady, and how a tall WR will help the offense in the red zone. I want to see if Fast Freddy can keep it going, if Moorman can return to Pro Bowl form and how our offensive line will do after a full year together. I am really looking forward to seeing Turk’s new offensive schemes, and even how the Toronto experiment works out.

But I am most excited about our secondary. I think the Bills have a set of defensive backs that can be really special. I am among those who thought Greer and McGee had a very good 2007 campaign considerin the dire lack of a pass rush. I think Greer is vastly underrated, capable of covering any receiver one-on-one in the league, save maybe Moss. I have watched clips and read about each of the corners drafted, and there is a ton of potential there. Throw in the signing of Will James, which is a much bigger deal, in my humble opinion, than the media as a whole or even us fans seem to think, and we might have the deepest lineup of cornerbacks in the league.

Then comes the safeties, where I think the heart of the team resides now. Whitner, as young as he is, has stepped up to become the biggest leader on the entire team. This is the year he pulls away from most other safeties in the league, hopefully earning a trip to Hawaii. With quality nickel and dime backs this season, Whitner is going to be able fly around, instilling fear all over the field. But the most important thing is that he is going to keep the defense focused, calm and mean.

I was very high on Ko Simpson after his rookie season. Hoping he stays healthy, I am really excited about his comeback. And Wilson and Wendling provide decent depth at safety.

Well said and I am very interested in how teams TRY to plan for and stop:

McGee, McKelvin, and Parrish

in the return game.... Plus now we have guys like DiGiorgio and Ellison to play ST's ... Bobby A must be salivating!!!

Breakout year prediction - Greer - hardest working man on the Bills roster!!

There's absolutely nothing to get exciting about while we have a Dick Jauron coached team. I was excited last year and was severely disappointed when he said they were going to open things up only to watch the most conservative, boring, inept and painfully predictable offense I've ever seen in my life as a Bills fan. Perhaps Marshawn Lynch can have more than 18 measly receptions this year. Sorry, but this is the "show me, don't tell me" year.

There's absolutely nothing to get exciting about while we have a Dick Jauron coached team. I was excited last year and was severely disappointed when he said they were going to open things up only to watch the most conservative, boring, inept and painfully predictable offense I've ever seen in my life as a Bills fan. Perhaps Marshawn Lynch can have more than 18 measly receptions this year. Sorry, but this is the "show me, don't tell me" year.

BOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

start you own angy thread there guy!!