Best casts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was one that came to mind immediately when I saw this thread. The loss of Neeson hurts a bit, but the Dark Knight looks to have an equally solid cast, especially with Holmes out of the picture.

This one also loses Watanabe and Rutger Hauer in addition to Neeson, but they do pick up Ledger and a couple others - Eric Roberts, Sabres' fan William Fichtner and Anthony Michael Hall - yeah, that's right, AMH.

Katie Homes to Maggie G is just a lateral move, IMO.

This one also loses Watanabe and Rutger Hauer in addition to Neeson, but they do pick up Ledger and a couple others - Eric Roberts, Sabres' fan William Fichtner and Anthony Michael Hall - yeah, that's right, AMH.

Katie Homes to Maggie G is just a lateral move, IMO.

Watanabe and Hauer probably combined for about 5 minutes of screen time, so its no real loss. Fichtner's screen time will probably be non-existant (if the trailer scene they released is indeed the start of the movie) and I really don't expect much screen time for Hall either.

I think pretty much anything is a step up form Holmes. She added nothing to the first one and if nothing else, it removes that craziness from any potential marketing plans.

How about Saving Private Ryan:

Tom Hanks

Paul Giamatti

Matt Damon

Jeremy Davies (very, very underrated actor)

Giovanni Ribisi

Vin Diesel

Dennis Farina

Edward Burns

Barry Pepper (another underrated actor)

Ted Danson

aj, I am greatly disappointed in you. You list Dennis Farina & Ted Danson who are in the movie for a combined 10 minutes, and you leave out Tom Sizemore!? :D

It's a miniseries, but the original Lonesome Dove cast wasn't shabby -

Robert Duvall (Oscar winner)

Tommy Lee Jones (Oscar winner)

Danny Glover

Diane Lane (Oscar nominee)

Robert Urich

Fredrick Forrest (Oscar nominee)

Rick Schroder

Anjelica Huston (Oscar winner)

Chris Cooper (Oscar winner)

Watanabe and Hauer probably combined for about 5 minutes of screen time, so its no real loss. Fichtner's screen time will probably be non-existant (if the trailer scene they released is indeed the start of the movie) and I really don't expect much screen time for Hall either.

I think pretty much anything is a step up form Holmes. She added nothing to the first one and if nothing else, it removes that craziness from any potential marketing plans.

You're absolutely right about this. I'll never forget when Batman Begins came out, and all the "entertainment experts" completely ignored the fact that this movie had one of the finest assembling of acting talent, and instead gushed over Katie Holmes getting married to Tom Cruise. :D

I do'nt want to pick on Maggie Gyllenhall, but I just wish they would get rid of the female love interest in these movies. Batman is about saving a$$, not getting a$$. Unless they put Catwoman in the movie.

HEAT

Al Pacino

Robert De Niro

Val Kilmer

Jon Voight

Tom Sizemore

Diane Venora

Amy Brenneman

Ashley Judd

Mykelti Williamson

Wes Studi

Ted Levine

Dennis Haysbert

William Fichtner

Natalie Portman

Jeremy Piven

Hank Azaria

Sin City

Bruce Willis

Mickey Rourke

Clive Owen

Nick Stahl

Jessica Alba

Devin Aoki

Alexis Bledel

Powers Boothe

Rosario Dawson

Benicio Del Toro

Michael Clarke Duncan

Carla Gugino

Josh Hartnett

Rutger Hauer

Nicky Katt

Jaime King

Michael Madsen

Brittany Murphy

Marley Shelton

Nick Stahl

Elijah Wood

I love Heat, but you forgot Danny Trejo.

I do'nt want to pick on Maggie Gyllenhall, but I just wish they would get rid of the female love interest in these movies. Batman is about saving a$$, not getting a$$. Unless they put Catwoman in the movie.

They could very easily do that in this one. I'm really hoping they do.

never heard of this guy.....gotta go check out demonoid to find this 25th Hour

Heck yeah, all I needed to know about that film was Edward Norton and Phillip Seymour Hoffman were involved...combined with Pepper, i agree, amazing cast and amazing performance(s)

With all the talk of movies lately and the tapping out of certain genre's I thought I would start a thread about movies with great casts.

I'll start:

The Godfather- Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, Robert Duvall, James Caan, Diane Keaton..

Apollo 13: Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, Ed Harris, Bill Paxton and Gary Sinise

A Few Good Men: Jack Nicholson, Tom Cruise, Kevin Bacon, Demi Moore, Kiefer Sutherland

Any of the Oceans movies.

Why stop with those B listers? ( :thumbsup: ) Cuba Gooding Jr., Kevin Pollak, JT Walsh, Noah Wyle

One of my favs: The Long Riders:

3 Keatchs

3 Carradines

2 Quaids

Pamela Reed

I think that it's a given that Danny Trejo can be in any movie at any given time. That guys been in more movies then anyone I can think of.

This is true. I even remember when he had a guest appearance on Alias.