Best casts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caddy Shack: Bill Murray, Rodney Dangerfield, Ted Knight and Brian Doyle Murray.

Ted Knight? lol

I just typed "Ted Knight" into the IMDB search engine, and it came back with, "Ted fuggin Knight? Are you serious with this?"

You're probably too young to remember the Mary Tyler Moore show but Ted Knight is a great comedic actor.

Wow, seriously? My only real exposure to the guy was on Too Close for Comfort. Was he really THAT good?

Okay, I just looked at his IMDB list...looks like I'm wrong to be giving you crap...he has a pretty impressive resume! :D

Wow, seriously? My only real exposure to the guy was on Too Close for Comfort. Was he really THAT good?

Okay, I just looked at his IMDB list...looks like I'm wrong to be giving you crap...he has a pretty impressive resume! :D

He was great on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. He was one of the best cast members. He played the worst anchor man of all time. The rest of the newsroom was great but he brought them down. In the final episode a new company buys the station and fires everybody except his character. :P

Betty White was really great in that show too as well as Ed Asner and Gavin (Capt. Steubing) McCleod. Seriously he was good.

All you really need to know is his performance in Caddyshack. I think it's the best performance in a comedy of most of it's stars.

He was great on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. He was one of the best cast members. He played the worst anchor man of all time. The rest of the newsroom was great but he brought them down. In the final episode a new company buys the station and fires everybody except his character. :D

Betty White was really great in that show too as well as Ed Asner and Gavin (Capt. Steubing) McCleod. Seriously he was good.

All you really need to know is his performance in Caddyshack. I think it's the best performance in a comedy of most of it's stars.

It's definitely way past due for a Caddyshack viewing for me...I haven't seen it since the late 80s!

Buster Keaton is more talented then anyone I have seen mentioned in this thread. Good comedy is timeless. I can't believe there is not more love for Buster!

I admit I'm not that familiar with his stuff...I'm gonna check him out since you consider him that talented :D

He was great on The Mary Tyler Moore Show. He was one of the best cast members. He played the worst anchor man of all time. The rest of the newsroom was great but he brought them down. In the final episode a new company buys the station and fires everybody except his character. :D

Loved Ted Knight. He won two Emmys on TMTMS.

And then, he does his turn in Caddyshack. Simply a terrific comedic actor, and it's sad that he died before his time.

He had secretly fought cancer for several years prior to his death in 1986 at age 62.

RIP, Mr. Baxter.

The Outsiders:

Patrick Swayze

Rob Lowe

Emilio Estevez

Tom Cruise

Ralph Macchio

C. Thomas Howell

Matt Dillon

Others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

I was thinking of The Outsiders and Red Dawn - not legendary casts, but several young actors who went on to have pretty good careers or were decent-sized stars for a while.

Red Dawn:

Patrick Swayze

C. Thomas Howell

Charlie Sheen

Lea Thompson

Jennifer Grey

Beautiful Girls

Matt Dillon

Timothy Hutton

the dude that played Craig Patrick in Miracle

Michael " I have a NY accent, but play a Bawston Chowd" Rappaport

Rosie O Fat

Mira Sorvino

Natalie Portman

Lauren Holly

Mr Courtney Cox

Uma Jerry Uma

Yeah, he was that good.

He was in Buffalo once, in the Channel 7 studios (I forget for what), and sat as his Ted Baxter character in for Irv Weinstein on the "And finally..." spot on the 11pm news. Funny as sh--. He had the whole crew laughing. I wish I could find a video of it.

Yeah, he was that good.

He was in Buffalo once, in the Channel 7 studios (I forget for what), and sat as his Ted Baxter character in for Irv Weinstein on the "And finally..." spot on the 11pm news. Funny as sh--. He had the whole crew laughing. I wish I could find a video of it.

Wow, this is really a surprise to me... I'm interested to dig through more of his stuff now to see what he was all about.

Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, Jackie Coogan, and Howard Lloyd is one helluva talented cast!

Not sure one should count a documentary short's newsreel footage of an awards dinner as the greatest cast, but...

Buster Keaton was phenomenal, I agree. But you really didn't expect to see him mentioned in this thread did you? He would very likely dominate the "Best Single Bitter Alcoholic Wizard Silent Comedic Actor Most People Here Have Barely Heard Of And Never Actually Took The Time To Watch " thread.