Best casts

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. I think just about every single actor in Hollywood in 1963 was in it at least briefly and it may be one of the funniest movies of all time.

Edit:

Cool, Youtube has the scene where Jonathan Winters destroys the gas station. Love this scene.

Homicidal Maniac

:D nice one! That scene is great! I love the 3 Stooges cameo in that film

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. I think just about every single actor in Hollywood in 1963 was in it at least briefly and it may be one of the funniest movies of all time.

Edit:

Cool, Youtube has the scene where Jonathan Winters destroys the gas station. Love this scene.

Homicidal Maniac

Beat me to that one for Mad........World.

What about the movie Mars Attacks, it's an okay movie, but it has a huge cast.

Gilligan. The Skipper too. The millionaire and his wife. The movie star. The professor and Mary Ann

:lol:

Lots of great movies fit this topic.

The Sting (Paul Newman, Robert Redford, Charles Durning and Ray Walston)

The Great Escape

Glengarry Glen Ross (Al Pacino, Jack Lemon, Kevin Spacey, Alec Baldwin, Ed Harris, Jonathan Pryce and Alan Arkin. IMO, one of the greatest casts ever!)

True Romance

L.A. Confidential (Kevin Spacey, Kim Basinger, Russel Crowe, Guy Pearce, James Cromwell, David Strathairn and Danny Devito)

The Natural

Those are the movies that really stand out to me. :D BTW, I think David Strathairn is one of the most underrated character actors around. Also that movie has the best performance Alec Baldwin has ever given! He steals the scene he's in from all of those great actors.

How about Saving Private Ryan:

Tom Hanks

Paul Giamatti

Matt Damon

Jeremy Davies (very, very underrated actor)

Giovanni Ribisi

Vin Diesel

Dennis Farina

Edward Burns

Barry Pepper (another underrated actor)

Ted Danson

How could have that been forgotten?

Surprised nobody has mentioned The Usual Suspects. May not have been an All-Star cast but was still one helluva great piece of ensemble acting. (Kevin Spacey, Benicio Del Toro, Kevin Pollack, Stephen Baldwin, Chazz Palminteri, Pete Postlethwaite, Gabriel Byrne and Suzy Amis)

How about The Great Escape: Steve McQueen, James Garner, Steve McQueen, Richard Attenborough, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, Steve McQueen, James Coburn, and oh yeah...Steve McQueen :D

Nice catch. I was gonna put that down the second I saw the topic. :P

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. I think just about every single actor in Hollywood in 1963 was in it at least briefly and it may be one of the funniest movies of all time. (Spencer Tracy, Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Buddy Hackett, Ethel Merman, Mickey Rooney, Dick Shawn, Phil Silvers, Jonathan Winters, Edie Adams, Eddie 'Rochester' Anderson, Jim Backus, Joe E. Brown, Norman Fell, William Demarest, Andy Devine, Selma Diamond, Peter Faulk, Edward Everett Horton, Buster Keaton, Don Knotts, Carl Reiner, Larry Fine, Moe Howard, Jimmy Durante, Jack Benny and Jerry Lewis)

Edit:

Homicidal Maniac

The best cast ever, very possible. :D

Nobody mentioned Airplane!

(Leslie Neilsen, Kareem Abdul Jabar, Lloyd Bridges, Peter Graves, Julie Hagerty, Robert Hays, Robert Stack, Otto, Barbara Billingsley, Maureen McGovern, Ethel Merman, Jimmy Walker, Al White and Kitten Natividad)

One of the greatest films ever written, "The Lion In Winter" starred:

Peter O'Toole

Katherine Hepburn

Anthony Hopkins

Timothy Dalton

Nigel Terry

As far as real stars go, in meaty starring roles instead of just tag alongs or cameos, it's hard to beat "The Philadelphia Story" with Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, and Katherine Hepburn all co-starring together, along with Ruth Hussey who was nominated for an Oscar in her supporting role.

One of the greatest films ever written, "The Lion In Winter" starred:

Peter O'Toole

Katherine Hepburn

Anthony Hopkins

Timothy Dalton

Nigel Terry

As far as real stars go, in meaty starring roles instead of just tag alongs or cameos, it's hard to beat "The Philadelphia Story" with Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, and Katherine Hepburn all co-starring together, along with Ruth Hussey who was nominated for an Oscar in her supporting role.

How about "The African Queen" :D

How about "The African Queen" :D

did you check out the Buster Keaton clip I put up? I am amazed at his talent. Buster is truly an underappreciated genius.

Let me see Deniro, Pacino, Spacey, Gibson, Redford, etc- whomever try and do some of this stuff!

Buster, Charlie Chaplin, and Harold Lloyd in the same film is amazing!

Apocalypse Now. Brando, Duvall, Martin Sheen, Frederic Forrest, Harrison Ford (!), Dennis Hopper (!!), and a very young Laurence Fishburne.

It took forever to get made, and it might well be the best war movie ever.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Bob Hoskins, Christopher Lloyd, Joanna Cassidy, Kathleen Turner, Daffy Duck, Tweety Bird, Bugs Bunny, Sylvester, Porky Pig, Betty Boop, Donald Duck, Yosemite Sam, Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Droopy, Goofy, Pinocchio, Foghorn Leghorn, Bambi, Dopey, and Dumbo. I'm sure I've missed some too!

:D Great Movie! :P