If You're Not Watching Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stanley Cup telecast Sat night.

I was in WNY Sat and got to watch the CBC broadcast...

CBC >>>>> NBC > Versus...

THREE questions...

Why doesn't NBC show the singing of the National Anthems ?

Why wasn't "Oh Canada " sung in Pittsburgh ?

Where does Don Cherry get his jackets ???

Because they only sing the anthems of the teams that are there...

Because they only sing the anthems of the teams that are there...

I just thought that since there are so many Canadian born players

that both anthems would be played....

and it usually occurs that a Canadian based team is in the finals.

Last year Ottawa,,,Edmonton before that.

regardless...NBC did not telecast the anthem,,,

I miss HNIC

Some more props for Orpik who's made about 2 mistakes in 100:00+ and been fantastic otherwise. Nice to see the local boy bounce back after by far his worst performance in two months, and to do it this strong in a game this big makes it that much sweeter.

Let the show go on.........

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gonchar off the bench, after missing about 45 minutes of hockey, controls the PP, and gets it to Sykora who said he's gonna score.

PENS WIN!

PUT THE FUGGIN CUP BACK IN THE BOX BITCHES AND BRING THAT sh-- TO PITTSBURGH!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gonchar off the bench, after missing about 45 minutes of hockey, controls the PP, and gets it to Sykora who said he's gonna score.

PENS WIN!

PUT THE FUGGIN CUP BACK IN THE BOX BITCHES AND BRING THAT sh-- TO PITTSBURGH!

Hehe, glad someone is excited.

I just thought that since there are so many Canadian born players

that both anthems would be played....

and it usually occurs that a Canadian based team is in the finals.

Last year Ottawa,,,Edmonton before that.

regardless...NBC did not telecast the anthem,,,

I miss HNIC

Right idea, but that can't find anybody to sing the Swedish anthem.

Hehe, glad someone is excited.

LOL. I was born and raised in the Burgh and love the Bucs, Pens and Penn State. The Pens have been outplayed all series. It's mostly just an age thing......the Pens aren't mature enough yet to play like Detroit.......but to have Detroit within about 30 seconds of winning the cup, and jamming it right up their ass is fuggin great!!!

Fluery has been awesome and has grown up in these playoffs. Even though outplayed handily in this series, it's amazing that a bunch of kids in Pittsburgh have this series at 3-2!

LOL. I was born and raised in the Burgh and love the Bucs, Pens and Penn State. The Pens have been outplayed all series. It's mostly just an age thing......the Pens aren't mature enough yet to play like Detroit.......but to have Detroit within about 30 seconds of winning the cup, and jamming it right up their ass is fuggin great!!!

Fluery has been awesome and has grown up in these playoffs. Even though outplayed handily in this series, it's amazing that a bunch of kids in Pittsburgh have this series at 3-2!

Having been born and raised in Pittsburgh and a die hard fan of their other teams, how did you become a Bills fan if I may ask?

Having been born and raised in Pittsburgh and a die hard fan of their other teams, how did you become a Bills fan if I may ask?

First game I remember watching as a kid was the Bills vs. Steelers in 1980 or 81, or maybe even 79, I can't remember. My whole family sitting rooting for the Steelers and I just rooted for the Bills. No idea why. Few years later I get my first Bills tickets to see them play at THree Rivers Stadium between two suckass teams as I make a jackass of myself as Greg Bell propels the Bills to a 21-0 lead only to lose the game.

Now, I've got season tickets to the Bills and they are my first passion. But, there is nothing like a run for Lord Stanley's cup to bridge the gap to football season. By the time this is over, there will only be a little over a month left until training camp.

Go Pens!

I hear ya..."Oh Sweden " doesn't have the same ring as "Oh Canada"

Well,, on to game 6 at the Igloo

the Wings were 34 seconds from hoisting the Cup...

I realize the core of Pittsburgh's stars are pretty young, but they do have a large chunk of their roster that is 25 and older....Count me as one who thinks that experience, while certainly helpful, is vastly overrated by commentators and analysts. It doesn't hurt that Pittsburgh has Crosby (#1 overall), Fleury (#1 overall), Staal (#2 overall), Malkin (#2 overall) and Whitney (#5 overall) plus mid-1st rounders Sykora, Hossa, etc. etc.

Teams could play together in the playoffs for 10 years, and their "experience" isn't going to overcome that talent.

It's quite a contrast with Pittsburgh's top picks shining, while Detroit has not had a top-10 draft pick since 1990. That's crazy.

All in all, incredible game last night...Speed and skill...Pens looked left for dead in the 3rd and were generating nothing offensively, but came through at the end...Nice job by Fleury in the 3rd and in OT to give them a chance.

Swedish National Anthem

You ancient, you free, you mountainous North

You quiet, you joyful beauty!

I greet you, most beautiful land upon earth,

/:Your sun, Your sky, Your meadows green.:/

You throne upon memories of great olden days,

When honoured your name flew over the world,

I know that you are and will be as you were,

/: Yes, I want to live I want to die in the North :/

Great game...Pittsburgh really got manhandled most of the game...but that is the beauty of sports! Don't we know it? The Red Wings choke with :30 left is the almost the equivalant of the homerun throwback...horrid officiating and all. Great game, I wonder how many people actually watched.

The Red Wings choke with :30 left is the almost the equivalant of the homerun throwback...

Malkin hasn't had a good series, but his forecheck on that last rush with the extra skater allowed that tying goal to happen.

I realize the core of Pittsburgh's stars are pretty young, but they do have a large chunk of their roster that is 25 and older....Count me as one who thinks that experience, while certainly helpful, is vastly overrated by commentators and analysts. It doesn't hurt that Pittsburgh has Crosby (#1 overall), Fleury (#1 overall), Staal (#2 overall), Malkin (#2 overall) and Whitney (#5 overall) plus mid-1st rounders Sykora, Hossa, etc. etc.

Teams could play together in the playoffs for 10 years, and their "experience" isn't going to overcome that talent.

It's quite a contrast with Pittsburgh's top picks shining, while Detroit has not had a top-10 draft pick since 1990. That's crazy.

All in all, incredible game last night...Speed and skill...Pens looked left for dead in the 3rd and were generating nothing offensively, but came through at the end...Nice job by Fleury in the 3rd and in OT to give them a chance.

Experience is not overrated. The Penguins (and I'm a huge Pens fan) have been thouroughly outplayed this whole series. The Penguins, while gaining this experience will be like these Red Wings in a year or two, only better. The Red Wings are a machine. Their defense is as solid as it can be. They are always in the right spots on the ice. Each player on each of their lines are always in the right place in their system. The Pens will learn a TON from this series. It's just alsmot unfathomable to think that the Wings haven't already won this series.

The Pens are ridiculously young. They do have other guys who are older on this team , like Sykora, Sydor, etc, but the corp of their top two lines are just over the teenager mark, and so is their checking line. Rent a players are a dime a dozen, but as long as the Pens can keep their core together, they'll be lights out for a long time. I do hope, however, they'll resign Hossa, he's been terrific. He's only 28 I think.

It's the fringe guys that you hope they don't waste a ton of money on.......Brooks Orpik, and Ryan Malone come to mind. They are nice players, but someone else will easily take their place. I've enjoyed watching both of them this season, but they are your Ryan Denney types, and I'm hoping the Penguins don't overpay for them.

I can't even fathom Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury together when they get older. It's going to be sick. Detroit is there now, however, they just don't have quite as much true skill as the Pens will have at that age.