If You're Not Watching Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals

Someone should tell the refs that it is ok to call a penalty on Pittsburg once in a while...

I thought two in the first four minutes of the game (including a cheap call on Orpik) made that message pretty clear.

Penalty minutes were even through the first 5 periods last night; up until the drawing blood highstick at the end (kinda hard to let that go).

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone should tell the refs that it is ok to call a penalty on Pittsburg once in a while...

Oh get real. The Wings have many more calls in the series than the Penguins. Before game 5, I believe it was 19-11 in favor of the Wings.

Malkin hasn't had a good series, but his forecheck on that last rush with the extra skater allowed that tying goal to happen.

Malkin not having a good series is an understatement. Other than what you point out about the last rush, he's been horrible. It's unreal how this guy was being called the best player in hockey through the first three rounds of the playoffs, to totally falling off the face of the Earth. He's been a turnover machine, he's not hustling, and he's lost all of his confidence. His line has done nothing in the Finals. And I don't mean a couple of assists and a goal nothing....they literally have done NOTHING, until that final play last night......even though that was a PP goal, and Sergei Gonchar should recieve a lot of credit for really settling down their PP, and handling the point nicely.

That being said, I love Malkin! LOL

Go Pens.

Great game, I wonder how many people actually watched.

Well, my TeeVee was on.

Too bad I was ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ until I woke up ~ a minute before the Pens won.

The games are on too f---ing late (West Coast bias) and the multiple intermissions go too long. I know it's the SC and it was 3OT, but the games really drag with watching talking heads three times for 20-25 mins.

Oh get real. The Wings have many more calls in the series than the Penguins. Before game 5, I believe it was 19-11 in favor of the Wings.

So what? They called 19 out of like 50 penalties.

Ah, don't mind me, I'm just grouchy today... :rolleyes:

Malkin not having a good series is an understatement. Other than what you point out about the last rush, he's been horrible. It's unreal how this guy was being called the best player in hockey through the first three rounds of the playoffs, to totally falling off the face of the Earth. He's been a turnover machine, he's not hustling, and he's lost all of his confidence. His line has done nothing in the Finals. And I don't mean a couple of assists and a goal nothing....they literally have done NOTHING, until that final play last night......even though that was a PP goal, and Sergei Gonchar should recieve a lot of credit for really settling down their PP, and handling the point nicely.

That being said, I love Malkin! LOL

Go Pens.

Malkin is pressing way too hard. He needs to let the game come to him. Just be patient, get some quick passes, get rid of the puck quickly, etc. He either putzes around with the puck or gets blown up half the time. He's not going to be able to skate through the red wing defenders into the zone.

The guy who I've been impressed with is Hossa. The problem is that the red wings have about 5 guys who play like Hossa--great both ways, big, tough, and skilled.

Anyway, I'm in Pittsburgh--and the city should be electric on Wednesday night.