If You're Not Watching Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooks Orpik can play on my team any day.

Holy crap...was that four guys he knocked to the ice in about 15 seconds?? :unsure:

Fantastic game. I have to keep rewinding the DVR to watch sh-- again.

One of the better finals games of the last few years. It came down to a few "bounces" (off of Osgood's rear end, off the post, the rebound right to Crosby). Detroit is playing tough, but the Pens are still alive.

Then there's the NBA... :unsure:

Holy crap...was that four guys he knocked to the ice in about 15 seconds?? :unsure:

Fantastic game. I have to keep rewinding the DVR to watch sh-- again.

Been a Pens fan for about 28 years, and that individual shift by Orpik was one of the best individual plays in Pens history. In a series where they have been so outplayed and can't figure out how to get the puck through the fuggin nuetral zone, the Pens weren't all that good tonight, but their hustle from Orpik and the Roberts line was incredible. And that play by Orpik summed up the Penguins mindset tonight. Couldn't be more proud of this team which uses so much finesse to come back and "grind" one out.

It's finally a series. Game four will be incredibly intense.

Go Pens!

Been a Pens fan for about 28 years, and that individual shift by Orpik was one of the best individual plays in Pens history. In a series where they have been so outplayed and can't figure out how to get the puck through the fuggin nuetral zone, the Pens weren't all that good tonight, but their hustle from Orpik and the Roberts line was incredible. And that play by Orpik summed up the Penguins mindset tonight. Couldn't be more proud of this team which uses so much finesse to come back and "grind" one out.

Go Pens!

Orpik knows how to win championships...

This is one of those series, where I don't really like either team...but that was a great game. Only got to "speed watch" the first two periods, and all of the third... but Orpik was impressive...I guess I am finding myself rooting for the Penguins...bad night in the playoffs for all Detroit teams! That can't be bad!

BTW- Celtics/Pistons game was pretty damn good too! Just another great Wednesday sports night!!!

Go Pens!

each hit was harder then the previous....nice Brooksie

This is one of those series, where I don't really like either team...but that was a great game. Only got to "speed watch" the first two periods, and all of the third... but Orpik was impressive...I guess I am finding myself rooting for the Penguins...bad night in the playoffs for all Detroit teams! That can't be bad!

BTW- Celtics/Pistons game was pretty damn good too! Just another great Wednesday sports night!!!

Couldn't agree more a very good sports night! That was a fantastic hockey game, the first 2 games were snoozers so I really wasn't looking forward to it, but now I'll be watching game 4 for sure. The basketball game was intense as well, Celtic's overcame some terrible officiating to pull out the victory.

I think the hit on Malone was the best hit of the night. It was cheap, but he got nailed!!!

Then there's the NBA... :rolleyes:

Not sure which NBA playoffs you've been watching but this has been by far the league's best postseason in a decade.

I realize there is some serious anti-Kobe venom out there, but if you enjoy the sport of basketball then watch the Lakers. They run an offense that is not like any other in the NBA (see: ball movement and motion), they play enthusiastic and energetic defense, and they happen to have the game's best player. And they have the defending champs on the ropes to go to their first Finals since the Shaq era.

And in the East, the two teams who were head-and-shoulders above the rest of the conference all season will likely go 7 games to determine who makes it to the Finals.

I am a big hockey fan, and the NHL playoffs haven't been anywhere near the excitement that the NBA postseason has provided, IMO. I didn't catch much of last night's game, but the first two in Detroit were suffocating and boring as hell.

I am a big hockey fan, and the NHL playoffs haven't been anywhere near the excitement that the NBA postseason has provided, IMO. I didn't catch much of last night's game, but the first two in Detroit were suffocating and boring as hell.

I wouldn't say the NHL playoffs haven't been exciting but the Finals have been a bit of a downer. The early rounds were pretty good.

Game 2 wasn't boring but it wasn't exciting, either. I think this series would have been totally different had it opened in Pittsburgh because the Penguins' youth really showed on the road. They finally got their legs under them last night. Obviously Game 4 is a must win for them.

I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of the NBA playoffs since Jordan retired.

That's the beauty of hockey. You could have no interest in either team...hate them even and still be glued to the action.

I wouldn't say the NHL playoffs haven't been exciting but the Finals have been a bit of a downer. The early rounds were pretty good.

Game 2 wasn't boring but it wasn't exciting, either. I think this series would have been totally different had it opened in Pittsburgh because the Penguins' youth really showed on the road. They finally got their legs under them last night. Obviously Game 4 is a must win for them.

I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of the NBA playoffs since Jordan retired.

Yeah, the last 10 years of NBA hoops has been pretty weak...An influx of foreign players who we'd never heard of mixed with a bunch of entitled high school hotshots simply looking to make ESPNs Top 10 dunks every night. But this regular season was incredible, especially with the caliber of play in the Western Conference, and it has continued to impress me in the playoffs. And I had been the same as you, pretty turned off by hoops recently.

As for the NHL, I agree, some of the earlier rounds were ok...I hate the Habs but they were fun to watch, and I would've enjoyed watching Ovechkin a bit more in the playoffs. I was expecting MUCH more out of the Philly-Pitt series. In the West, I suppose my eyes were on the Sharks (the Calgary-SJ series was sweet in Rd 1) simply to see what Brown and Grier and Campbell could do. Really, a pretty lackluster effort from them, they hardly showed any fire until they were down 3-1 to Dallas. And it's hard not to appreciate the continued excellence of the Red Wings.

It seems like an instant replay of last year where the Sens ran wild through the East, and the offense looked unstoppable, and then Anaheim just owned them. The Western Conference teams seem to play with a physical presence that isn't as consistent in the East, and those teams excel in the grind 'em out, 2-1 victory. Pittsburgh has proven they can win those games, but like the '07 Senators, I think they are more comfortable in a 5-4 game.

I think Detroit in 5.

And I'll say Lakers in 6 over the Celtics.

Brooks Orpik can play on my team any day.

Just heard Paul Hamilton commenting on Orpik. Some things I didn't realize:

A- he is from WNY

B- his brothers' rights are owned by the Sabres

C- he is an unrestricted free agent after this season

D- the Penguins have a crap load of FA's this offseaon, they will not be able to re-sign everyone

Maybe he will play for your team some day!

Just heard Paul Hamilton commenting on Orpik. Some things I didn't realize:

A- he is from WNY

B- his brothers' rights are owned by the Sabres

C- he is an unrestricted free agent after this season

D- the Penguins have a crap load of FA's this offseaon, they will not be able to re-sign everyone

Maybe he will play for your team some day!

I know all that - pretty much the reason I was trying to throw some karma that way. :thumbsup:

Stanley Cup telecast Sat night.

I was in WNY Sat and got to watch the CBC broadcast...

CBC >>>>> NBC > Versus...

THREE questions...

Why doesn't NBC show the singing of the National Anthems ?

Why wasn't "Oh Canada " sung in Pittsburgh ?

Where does Don Cherry get his jackets ???