Joey Porter is mad

Porter: Cheating Patriots got off easy

Posted: Saturday May 24, 2008 07:34AM ET

Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter, whose Steelers teams were stopped one game shy of two Super Bowl berths because of AFC Championship losses to New England, believes the league let the Patriots off easy for their role in the Spygate cheating scandal. "They cheated," Porter said Friday. "I feel like there should be an asterisk on it, just because [disgraced track star] Marion Jones, she gets caught, they take the gold medals back. Obviously, they got caught."

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Good for Jerry Porter. He's simply calling a spade a spade, or in this case, a cheating team and the commish's office attempt tp sweep everything under the rug. If everyone wants this to go away, do the appropriate thing: ban belichick, admit the cheating was rampant and gave them a huge advantage, and strip them of their SB titles.

Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter, whose Steelers teams were stopped one game shy of two Super Bowl berths because of AFC Championship losses to New England, believes the league let the Patriots off easy for their role in the Spygate cheating scandal. "They cheated," Porter said Friday. "I feel like there should be an asterisk on it, just because [disgraced track star] Marion Jones, she gets caught, they take the gold medals back. Obviously, they got caught."

Looks like Joey's not with the NFL Program that "it wasn't a big deal" and "didn't affect the outcome of any games". Horsesh*t. When you know what's coming it's a heckuva lot easier to go where they ain't and run plays to counter what the defense is going to do. How folks can say otherwise defies credulity in my view.....

Let it go? Are you kidding? You play your whole life hoping for a chance to win a Super Bowl. When you finally get a chance, 60 minutes away, you get beaten by a team that fuggin' CHEATED.

I'd be friggin' livid.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Lets hope this is talked about until Goodell has to penalize them more for the Cheating not disclosed before ie;using IR players in practice.

I've been relatively quiet on the whole cheating thing, but I absolutely love that players are starting to come out publicly on the topic. I want Brady to be constantly reminded, even at his friggin' HOF induction, of how those three 3-pt Super Bowl victories should all have an asterisk beside them.

I can't agree with you either on this one, K-Gun. I never cared for Porter as a player but he's dead on with his comments. I'm not 'lettin' it go' either. I intend to keep on refering to them and spelling their name with an asterisk and -much to the commish's dismay- it appears my beliefs are part of an ever growing army calling "BULLSH--!" on them and Belicheat in particular. The more periphrial items that emerge, the more smoke to the fire.

Burn Baby, BURN!!

Good for Jerry Porter. He's simply calling a spade a spade, or in this case, a cheating team and the commish's office attempt tp sweep everything under the rug. If everyone wants this to go away, do the appropriate thing: ban belichick, admit the cheating was rampant and gave them a huge advantage, and strip them of their SB titles.

Excellent points, I agree completely with all of them.

Ideally, Porter should be allowed to enforce his own idea of justice in this case on Belifukk and Tom Brady although.

Whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.

I agree with Porter. He got screwed, as did the Steelers. Even if the Patriots only won one more game in either of those years and they wouldn't have been there. I'll take it a step further - 10 more yards - just 10 yards on one of Vinatari's game-winning FGs, and EVERYTHING would have been different.

Football is a game where entire seasons can be shaped because of one play or one series. Even the slightest unfair advantage is huge.

Porter is 100% dead-on. I actually think he's expressing the feeling of many coaches and players who don't want to say anything because of the macho image of the NFL game.

Screw the Patriots. They cheated, gained an advantage and won games because of it. F the patriots.

I've been relatively quiet on the whole cheating thing, but I absolutely love that players are starting to come out publicly on the topic. I want Brady to be constantly reminded, even at his friggin' HOF induction, of how those three 3-pt Super Bowl victories should all have an asterisk beside them.

Belacheat* & Brady* were both locks for the HOF, like Bonds & Clements now I'm not so sure. If Brady looks average from here on out I don't think he gets in.

Let it go? Are you kidding? You play your whole life hoping for a chance to win a Super Bowl. When you finally get a chance, 60 minutes away, you get beaten by a team that fuggin' CHEATED.

I'd be friggin' livid.

Exactly. Let it go? Work your a$$ off your whole career then find out the team you played cheated. That's like saying that you and your co-workers are set up on teams by management and whoever produced the most got an extra 50,000 a year, then two years after you lost you find out that the winners cheated. Just on a whole larger scale. Let's see how you feel about it "let it go" then. :lol:

Amen brutha!!

I think a lot of people who were on teams that were beaten closely by the Pats* in a game that affected their chances at a SB should be pissed!!! I hope a lot more of them come out and admit it. Maybe then the Pets* will get a stiffer sentence!!

Pats* are gonna get some home cookin' this year ... no doubt. They poured Elk piss all over themselves, now they have to deal with the hunters.

Now I'm not a hunter, but isn't the purpose of the piss to lure a male who wants to mate? If that's the case, hunters are the least of the pats* worries.

p.s. I went ahead and fixed your post. :rolleyes:

This year's upcoming schedule is perhaps a sign that the league is prepared to throw the Pats* under the bus. Don't get me wrong, I wish their punishment was a lot more severe, and with luck the pressure stays on and things do indeed grow more painful. This having been said, however, it was refreshing to see that:

1) The Bills don't play farther west this year than Arizona (Seattle, San Fran and Oakland (do we play Oakland?) are here)

2) While the Pats* are playing all their West Coast games...well, on the West Coast. Two of them back-to-back.

3) And we don't get the requisite "Bills play Pats* following their bye week" ballwashing that had become a league tradition.

It makes me think that there is some sensitivity to the pressure after all.

This year's upcoming schedule is perhaps a sign that the league is prepared to throw the Pats* under the bus. Don't get me wrong, I wish their punishment was a lot more severe, and with luck the pressure stays on and things do indeed grow more painful. This having been said, however, it was refreshing to see that:

1) The Bills don't play farther west this year than Arizona (Seattle, San Fran and Oakland (do we play Oakland?) are here)

2) While the Pats* are playing all their West Coast games...well, on the West Coast. Two of them back-to-back.

3) And we don't get the requisite "Bills play Pats* following their bye week" ballwashing that had become a league tradition.

It makes me think that there is some sensitivity to the pressure after all.

I thought that there was a formula that was used to determine the schedule (ex. 3rd place AFC East plays 2nd and 4th AFC West blah blah blah)

I thought that there was a formula that was used to determine the schedule (ex. 3rd place AFC East plays 2nd and 4th AFC West blah blah blah)

That's correct. The Bills & Dolphins have been "traveling partners" for years - ie they play the same home/away schedule which is the opposite of the Pats/Jets.

In 2012 those west coast trips will be flip flopped as they were in 2004.

It always cracks me up when people act like a bunch of NFL exec's in suits are sitting around in a room arbitrarily hashing out home/away schedules.

:rolleyes:

i've had violent battles with ramius and labillz over the qb's right on on tsw, but on most other things we tend to agree.

this is one of those things -- i h8 the pats so damn much! i so want porter to flip the eff out gangsta roid rage style and put his helmet through brady's knee.

i want brady to come back early and look like a hero until he gets sacked double digit times by the bills in a horrible faketriot loss that pushes him to a smack habit and into his

true calling of being an sfv gay pr0n star dying of aids in 18 months.

i've had violent battles with ramius and labillz over the qb's right on on tsw, but on most other things we tend to agree.

this is one of those things -- i h8 the pats so damn much! i so want porter to flip the eff out gangsta roid rage style and put his helmet through brady's knee.

i want brady to come back early and look like a hero until he gets sacked double digit times by the bills in a horrible faketriot loss that pushes him to a smack habit and into his

true calling of being an sfv gay pr0n star dying of aids in 18 months.

Don't hold back, now, Colin, tell us how you really feel! :rolleyes:

I've hated Joey Porter as a player for years, but he's dead-bang right on this one.

And don't forget, he gets to go after Brady two games per season. I have a feeling he's gonna knock Brady into the swampy South Florida soil a number of times this fall.

That's correct. The Bills & Dolphins have been "traveling partners" for years - ie they play the same home/away schedule which is the opposite of the Pats/Jets.

In 2012 those west coast trips will be flip flopped as they were in 2004.

It always cracks me up when people act like a bunch of NFL exec's in suits are sitting around in a room arbitrarily hashing out home/away schedules.

So happy to have "cracked you up". Let me guess....you're going to tell us all that it's the paragon of randomity that the Bills played the Pats* following their bye week for four years in a row. Isn't that ass-spankingly amazing?

So happy to have "cracked you up". Let me guess....you're going to tell us all that it's the paragon of randomity that the Bills played the Pats* following their bye week for four years in a row. Isn't that ass-spankingly amazing?

No. theres no explaining as to why the Bills have played the pats* after the bye the past few years. But this years schedule was set a long time ago, both home and away. So the league is not "bringing the hammer down" on the pats*.

The only flexibility in the schedule is the 2 conference games that you play based on division finish, and even those are set as home and away beforehand.

The odds of that happening randomly are more than 4,000 to 1 actually....

I've hated Joey Porter as a player for years, but he's dead-bang right on this one.

And don't forget, he gets to go after Brady two games per season. I have a feeling he's gonna knock Brady into the swampy South Florida soil a number of times this fall.

I have to say mike, I'm on board with what you said exactly. I read this Saturday in the paper, and as much as it pained me to say, I agree with Porter. I've hated that fugger since he was bumping his gums at Colorado State and I still hate him, but in this case I have to say right on Porter take it out on the Pats* and call out the league for the sham that it is.

Goodell's "nothing to see here, move along" approach is a bunch of bullshat.

No.

A+ backpedal though.

I'm not back pedalling. I'm a conspiracist. Don't believe for a moment that there was no one at the grassy knoll. To quote a line from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"...."The whole thing stinks like yesterday's diapers".

In any case, I'm grateful that the Pats* are finally earning some frequent flyer miles. 'Bout time.

One quick question though, if they were caught cheating after the first game against the jets, and their success is because they cheated and knew the opponents plays before hand, how come they still made the SB, with it being their only loss?

You know who should give it a rest? The Pats* ballwashers who think (wrongly) that the videotaping was the only way they were cheating. If they were willing to blatantly cheat by videotaping, blatantly cheated by having guys on the IR practice, and had at least one player using performance-enhancing drugs, then you'd have to be the most naive person in the world to think they weren't also cheating in some other fashion. Why is that so freaking hard to grasp for some of you? Belicheat is a dirtbag that cheated on his wife, cheated with another man's wife, and was caught cheating in his job. Those are !@#$ing facts. Not speculation. Not the rantings of a bitter fan of another team. Those are !@#$ing facts. The Superbowl wins were a sham. The 18-1 season was a sham. Belicheat and the Pats* are a fraud, and have been a fraud for eight god-damned years at the expense of the rest of the league and the fans of the league. Give it the !@#$ up, Apus.

One quick question though, if they were caught cheating after the first game against the jets, and their success is because they cheated and knew the opponents plays before hand, how come they still made the SB, with it being their only loss?

It's possible that '01 and '07 were different teams and last year's stacked team was slightly more talented than the Antoine Smith/Troy Brown crew...

On the other hand that team scored 3 offensive TD's in 3 postseason games, so if they were stealing defensive signals they didn't do a great job of it.

because they continued to cheat in 2007.

they ran an HGH program to keep their ancient LBs on the field

they stole audio signals

they used mikes on their LBs to relay real time info to react to stolen offensive play calls.

The Pats had far more sphisticated cheationg methods than the outdated videos.

I find it highly ironic that you were so willing to crucify James Hardy over an incident with minimal details, yet you continue to defend a proven pathological cheater in Bill belicheat*

The answer is simple: they had the most talented team in the NFL last year, unlike the previous years they won the SB. No one claimed that they won ALL of their games by cheating, but a good number they did, including the SB's.

Ask yourself whether the Patri*ts still illegally videotaping signals would have led to a different outcome in the SB. Hmmmmm.

I find it highly ironic that you were so willing to crucify James Hardy over an incident with minimal details, yet you continue to defend a proven pathological cheater in Bill belicheat*

that is the entire point I have been trying to make though. Everyone here was so quick to dismiss any wrong doings by Hardy and no matter what was said it was wrong because it was an assumption or there weren't enough details. Yet everyone will crucify someone on another team for something theres also no more proof of.

Do you have any proof that after they were caught in the Jets game that they continued to cheat this season? Or are you just assuming that because they were accused of cheating in the past, that they just continued to do it after people knew they did it? If they did continue to do it, I give them credit for being able to pull it off with the entire world keeping their eyes open for them cheating and being in the spotlight of going undefeated.

I never said anything about the Pats past, only refering to after the Jets game when they were outed by Mangini for cheating, and still went undefeated the rest of the year.

And I'm still trying to figure out how I crucified Hardy. All I ever said was that if it was true that he pointed a gun at someone over just a verbal dispute, he should be seeking counciling/anger management. Your trying to make it out that I said he should be sentenced to death no matter what, or kicked out of the league just because this story came out. I have said before too that the NFL taking any action against him would not be right because the police never charged him with anything. But go on believing whatever you want about me off of your assumptions.

because they continued to cheat in 2007.

they ran an HGH program to keep their ancient LBs on the field

they stole audio signals

they used mikes on their LBs to relay real time info to react to stolen offensive play calls.

The Pats had far more sphisticated cheationg methods than the outdated videos.

Did they?

Is there any proof of this?

Did they?

Is there any proof of this?

There have been a NUMBER of audio problems in FOXBORO. I don't recall hearing about audio problems time & again at any other stadium, can you? The FACT is the league has decided to send people around to check on audio to make sure there is no cheating this coming season. Put 2+2 together, the league is doing this because they know BELECHEAT* was tampering with the audio in the past. I believe Belicheat* probably admitted as much to Goodell. As far as HGH use by Pats* players, explain to me how Seau looked OLD & SLOW on his last legs while with Miami, & played like he was 25 again after joining the CHEATERS*. YOU CAN"T.