Jason Peters

As per CB on BB.com:

PETERS UPDATE EXPECTED THURSDAY: With Jason Peters not in attendance for the first week of voluntary OTAs there is widespread speculation as to why he's not in attendance. Some attribute it to his offseason sports hernia surgery, others believe it's contract related.

This has me wondering...

I saw something on PFT.com and I went poking around and came up empty. Why would he skip the OTA's? Do you really think he wants a new contract? I thought he just signed a new contract. I hope he's not disgruntled. He's quite possibly our best player.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple he had groin surgery...........Why would he be there? There is nothing for him to do there, why have him there on the sidelines and have a player come stumble into him and have him get hurt once again.

You guys look way too much into things!!!!!!!!!! I mean way too much!

Simple he had groin surgery...........Why would he be there? There is nothing for him to do there, why have him there on the sidelines and have a player come stumble into him and have him get hurt once again.

You guys look way too much into things!!!!!!!!!! I mean way too much!

If this was the case, wouldn't the coaching staff come out and say that he is excused from the OTA's due to injury? ;)

They need to re-do his contract and sign him to another long term deal. What did he get? 5 years, 18 million? He was the starting left tackle for the AFC pro bowl squad and has to be one of the most underpaid LT's in football. He deserves more and I wouldn't be at all suprised if the reason he's not around is because he wants a new deal.

Things have changed since he signed that 5 year deal. He's now our best player on offense and should be paid like one.

P.S. - I think we should give Lee a new deal too.

Pay him before ANYONE on the team. If that means we cannot sign the enitre rookie class, along with Evans, Edwards etc, so be it ;) . He is "Franchise"

Yep. His current deal was negotiated when he was a RT with less than a year of starts under his belt. Pay the man market value; he has earned it.

Pay him. Keep him happy. He deserves more than Dockery, even though that's a huge pay raise.

sure he deserves the money.

but maybe the Bills feel differently-

Afterall - he was an undeserving UDFA who owes his career to the Bills

And they have Chamberws ready to step in.

It's a good thing the Bills were planning ahead and have a backup plan in place to give them some leverage ;)

sure he deserves the money.

but maybe the Bills feel differently-

Afterall - he was an undeserving UDFA who owes his career to the Bills

And they have Chamberws ready to step in.

It's a good thing the Bills were planning ahead and have a backup plan in place to give them some leverage ;)

That is the wrong way to look at it. Peters could have got a UDFA contract from many other NFL teams. That should not be held against him.

Willie Parker signed to a rich extension a year ago and he was also an UDFA....

A NFL Football player has really a small window of opportunity and they got to hit their pay day when it is their time. Peters is in his prime and just complteed an outstanding season and needs to be paid. The risk of injury in the NFL is so high, the differnce in negotiating a 15M signing bonus today and next year is huge.

The only doubt the BILLS MUST have is if Peters has recovered from the groin injury that he suffered last season....Those injuries are nasty and have a way of not healing completely......