Bills "mortified"

Credit cards! Spend money while you don't have it! Always a perfect plan to temporarily impress a lady.

You are being shallow and hypocritical by assuming that the gentleman does not have the necessary financial backing to support his credit card usage.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are being shallow and hypocritical by assuming that the gentleman does not have the necessary financial backing to support his credit card usage.

I retract my previous statement. I am sorry for having to retract something two threads in a row. I will attempt to do better in the future.

I retract my previous statement. I am sorry for having to retract something two threads in a row. I will attempt to do better in the future.

I would accept your apology, but that would mean that i am assuming you are sincerely apologetic. Therefore, i cant.

Well said. :thumbsup:

And I'd like to add that he is not yet a part of the Bills. He has not signed a contract (which they would be smart to add a character clause). I'd be more worried if a) it was anyone but his dad (ex-felon who missed his son's enitre life to return for the payday); b) the cops pressed charges; and c) Hardy was pulling this stuff while he was a member of the Bills living in WNY.

Why? apparently he has no character issues that would require any type of worry for the Bills.

yeah-if he is really productive, they'll sweep it under the carpet and give him the prima donna treatment to which he is accustomed.

If he busts or kills someone, they will waste another high draft pick next year on an overrated WR instead of building the trenches.

Not what I meant. If he is a problem, he should be gone. If he wants to grow up, as Eric Moulds did, then I hope he has a productive career. Its binary- he's a 1 or 0, no inbetween. None of us know which he is yet

Hardy should be reprimanded. It's probably not smart from a business standpoint for the Bills to do it themselves, but it looks like they are doing it through the back-channel route. Hardy needs to know showing up in police blotters won't be tolerated whether he is charged with a crime or not given all the talk about him growing up from his past incident.

If there is nothing to this incident and he was justified in pulling the gun then the Bills just need to tell him he's living in a fishbowl now and every decision he makes has to bear that in mind. The kid probably isn't used to the scrutiny that comes with being an NFL player. Hopefully they can make him understand that.

Well, they could jingle their pockets and realize they should be out chasing women at bars trying to get laid ;)

(In my best Gene Aurtry) I've got sperm that jingle jangle jingle.

Well said. :thumbsup:

And I'd like to add that he is not yet a part of the Bills. He has not signed a contract (which they would be smart to add a character clause). I'd be more worried if a) it was anyone but his dad (ex-felon who missed his son's enitre life to return for the payday); b) the cops pressed charges; and c) Hardy was pulling this stuff while he was a member of the Bills living in WNY.

:blink:

PFW Article

Granted, it's according to a "team insider" but it wouldn't surprise me that they are more than a little concerned.

Either way it's not been a good off-season discipline-wise for Buffalo,. Especially for a team that's been talking up the idea of having high-character players for awhile now.

The "high-character" talk was during the Marv era. I don't think the Bills will go Cincinnati or anything in the post Marv era, but they are not going to be afraid to take a chance on a player with a checkered past. And hopefully this minor incident is a big time wake up call to Hardy and scares him straight, get your butt to Buffalo where the only place to go is Applebee's...

Why? apparently he has no character issues that would require any type of worry for the Bills.

What do you think the Bills should do? Not trying to be a smart ass, but what should they do with Hardy?

The "high-character" talk was during the Marv era. I don't think the Bills will go Cincinnati or anything in the post Marv era, but they are not going to be afraid to take a chance on a player with a checkered past. And hopefully this minor incident is a big time wake up call to Hardy and scares him straight, get your butt to Buffalo where the only place to go is Applebee's...

Marv drafted Marshawn. I have no problem if, like Marshawn, they are found to be BS or if the guy has matured quite a bit. Before this incident and after listening to him talk I was much less concerned about him than I was the Chris Ellis pick. Ellis tried to incite a crowd against the police and I will be very surprised if he makes it through the season without a shoulder problem that makes him sit for more than 5 games. The jury is still out on the Hardy incident so I'll just call it an embarrassment right now.

Marv drafted Marshawn. I have no problem if, like Marshawn, they are found to be BS or if the guy has matured quite a bit. Before this incident and after listening to him talk I was much less concerned about him than I was the Chris Ellis pick. Ellis tried to incite a crowd against the police and I will be very surprised if he makes it through the season without a shoulder problem that makes him sit for more than 5 games. The jury is still out on the Hardy incident so I'll just call it an embarrassment right now.

Yes, I agree. And how big of an embarrassment is it? The kid made a mistake and hopefully he learns from it. If it happened mid season, it would have received more attention for sure. But outside of Buffalo, is it even a topic of conversation?

What do you think the Bills should do? Not trying to be a smart ass, but what should they do with Hardy?

Nothing, I have been told that there is no problem, and no incident, he did nothing wrong and this is a non issue, believing anything else makes you a moron and an idiot who "assumes" things

I originally said that he should probably be looking into some counsiling on anger management if this is true because pulling a gun (which theres no proof he ever did) on anyone unless its a life or death situation and the other person has a weapon is not something civilized people do in an arguement. But I have been shown the error of my ways by the upper echelon members of this board that my views were wrong because there never was an incident and nothing needs to be done.

Nothing, I have been told that there is no problem, and no incident, he did nothing wrong and this is a non issue, believing anything else makes you a moron and an idiot who "assumes" things

:thumbsup: You're STILL assuming things.

This is amusing.

I originally said that he should probably be looking into some counsiling on anger management if this is true because pulling a gun (which theres no proof he ever did) on anyone unless its a life or death situation and the other person has a weapon is not something civilized people do in an arguement. But I have been shown the error of my ways by the upper echelon members of this board that my views were wrong because there never was an incident and nothing needs to be done.

Isn't it up to him to get counseling? Since he is not under contract can the Bills force him to?