If the Bills miss the playoffs

If the Bills miss the playoffs what will be the biggest cause?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Insufficient pass rush
    • Lack of WR production
    • Injuries
    • Play calling
    • China doll QB gets injured and clean up the city boy flops in backup role
    • Glove wearing Mary of a QB can't play in cold, rain, snow, wind, bright sunshine or under the lights. Otherwise he does ok.
    • Noodle armed QB causes teams to play 8 in the box
    • QB gets homesick for whine country once temperature falls below 58 degrees
    • Other....please elaborate

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We simply aren't good enough yet in a conference full of very good teams. WE are counting on an improved but not good enough offensive line that has little depth- same is true of the defensive line.

Edwards is in his second season as a pro with only a few starts under his belt, and he is backed up with another young QB. We are heavily going to rely on a rookie WR, and that usually doesn't work out well. WE don't know how improved our young RB's will be in picking up the blitz- a glaring weakness last year. How about a MLB that missed most of his rookie year

This isn't to say we won't have a very satisfying season. I expect a lot of development and progression with our young stars, and I think we are heading in the right direction. Rome wasn't built in a day.

The only way the Bills will miss the playoffs is if their flight is cancelled.

(And that can't happen, since they'll be playing the AFC Divisional and Championship games at home! :censored: )

19 and 0 baby!!! :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

You know maybe if you posted we'd go 0-16 we might make the playoffs. You and this 16-0 crap bites us in the ass every year.

put me in as a vote for "other", and the "other" being that james hardy is going to go on a rampage and shoot 1/2 the team, then beat all of their girlfriends and infant kids.

As long as Whitner isn't killed he'll probably help out.

You know maybe if you posted we'd go 0-16 we might make the playoffs. You and this 16-0 crap bites us in the ass every year.

Actually, I posted 19 and 0 - but yes, you're right.

It's my prediction that kills us every year, nothing else.

All teams have strengths and weaknesses. I like what the Bills have done but there are still a few weaknesses. If there is a downfall, what will it be? I think I have listed the most obvious weaknesses in the poll.

Gotta go with an "all of the above" possibility. I think we are a very good team, but the qb is going to into a sophomore jinx. I watched the Cincinnatti game on NFL cable the other day and JP looked pretty darn good, so he might step in if TE has the Soph jinx. The pass rush and run stopping should be much better (Stroud, bigger linebackers)but there are new faces and who knows what might happen. Trent was not the most impressive when the weather got bad. We haven't seen Hardy play yet.

All that being said I think this is the most pessimistic view. TE seems like a very mature qb who has worked out put the pounds and is ready to go. Hardy was impressive from what I read here at mini-camp. Our number one guy in the draft should add quality at CB and we have bigger and MORE linebackers. I think we don't miss the playoffs.

If they miss the playoffs, it will be because of the hard-on Dicky J gets for the 13-10 games. It's impossible to get all of the bounces week-in, week-out when you're trying to win by kicking FG's. Hopefully the "new" coordinator and an "experienced" Trent Edwards can find some red zone success, but why expect it? It's been the same story for a decade. I'm fully expecting safeties and FG's and a lot of grind 'em out games. Again.

Trust me, I love the 13-10 WIN...But the 8-5 LOSS is a real stinger...

I would have to agree with you on this. DJ playing not to lose, and keeping it close, and some very questionable game management, PLUS

a rookie O-coordinator and a first time starting QB just don't add up for me. Hope we're both wrong.

If you look at this years free agency moves and the draft, Buffalo is obviously stocking up for a long, defense defense defense, grind it out year.

In the AFC, if you can't score points, you're not going to win. See N.E., Indy, S.D..

All that being said I think this is the most pessimistic view. TE seems like a very mature qb who has worked out put the pounds and is ready to go. Hardy was impressive from what I read here at mini-camp. Our number one guy in the draft should add quality at CB and we have bigger and MORE linebackers. I think we don't miss the playoffs.

Trent looked very good at times last year, but teams have seen him and will make adjustments. He is only in his second year as a pro and first year as a starter. I expect a lot of rough spots in his development this year. Thats just the way it goes with developing a young QB- he has to take his lumps, thats how it is. Rookie WR's seldom make a huige impact, regardless of how good they are. I think Hardy is a very talented player, but all I hope he does is take pressure off Evans, and run good routes to help Edwards.

Our LB's being healthy should boost the defense, and Stroud should add a bit to the D-line.

Trent looked very good at times last year, but teams have seen him and will make adjustments. He is only in his second year as a pro and first year as a starter. I expect a lot of rough spots in his development this year. Thats just the way it goes with developing a young QB- he has to take his lumps, thats how it is. Rookie WR's seldom make a huige impact, regardless of how good they are. I think Hardy is a very talented player, but all I hope he does is take pressure off Evans, and run good routes to help Edwards.

Our LB's being healthy should boost the defense, and Stroud should add a bit to the D-line.

Good post.

Gotta go with an "all of the above" possibility. I think we are a very good team, but the qb is going to into a sophomore jinx.

Isn't a sophomore jinx only possible if you had a good rookie year and didn't look like an inept ninny? If so, Trent is immune to the sophomore jinx. :censored:

I'll go with Other. After a training room brawl where Hardy assaults Marshawn, Lindell and TE, he reminds everyone that he has no one telling him that that kind of thing is wrong. but the police and DA don't see that as an affirmative defense. With 3 of our 4 top offensive weapons injured or incarcerated JP steps in as everyone's least favorite savior figure. After bouncing 4 balls to Lee Evans in the 1st Quarter alone, Jauron yanks him in favor of the Chroise, who has also assumed placekicking duties. Hamdan proceeds to throw for 300 yards in 3 quarters, adding a 74 yard field goal. Upset he was yanked, JP leaves Buffalo and elopes to Las Vegas with Lee Evans. In the end, we wind up 8-8 and just lose out on the playoffs, though Hamdan is named the starter in the pro bowl.

I'll go with Other. After a training room brawl where Hardy assaults Marshawn, Lindell and TE, he reminds everyone that he has no one telling him that that kind of thing is wrong. but the police and DA don't see that as an affirmative defense. With 3 of our 4 top offensive weapons injured or incarcerated JP steps in as everyone's least favorite savior figure. After bouncing 4 balls to Lee Evans in the 1st Quarter alone, Jauron yanks him in favor of the Chroise, who has also assumed placekicking duties. Hamdan proceeds to throw for 300 yards in 3 quarters, adding a 74 yard field goal. Upset he was yanked, JP leaves Buffalo and elopes to Las Vegas with Lee Evans. In the end, we wind up 8-8 and just lose out on the playoffs, though Hamdan is named the starter in the pro bowl.

:censored:

If the Bills miss the playoffs it will be because Canadians were pissed about their sport being taken over by the NFL in Canada and blew up Ralph Wilson Stadium.

knowing how the bills usually get screwed over the bills will make the playoffs.....earn a home game and then the nfl or whover will say the bills have to play that playoff game in toronto....you know it will help with next years ticket sales and this is so we can keep the bills in new york lol lol lol..............go bills!

I would have to agree with you on this. DJ playing not to lose, and keeping it close, and some very questionable game management, PLUS

a rookie O-coordinator and a first time starting QB just don't add up for me. Hope we're both wrong.

If you look at this years free agency moves and the draft, Buffalo is obviously stocking up for a long, defense defense defense, grind it out year.

In the AFC, if you can't score points, you're not going to win. See N.E., Indy, S.D..

I went with other along these lines. DJ will soon become the bottleneck for this team as his overly cautious approach to the game is too conservstive to beat teams of equal or better talent that play a more agressive style.

I went with other along these lines. DJ will soon become the bottleneck for this team as his overly cautious approach to the game is too conservstive to beat teams of equal or better talent that play a more agressive style.

Lets bring back Mike Mularkey. That will put the sails back in the wind