Limas Sweed

For the record, I always wanted Sweed more than Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy or any other WR in the draft. The fact that he was high character (from what we heard) was a bonus.

I get the feeling that in a few years, when he's a very good WR for the Steelers, we are all going to wonder why we passed on him for a guy that'll be out of the league and behind bars.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but my head is telling me that these odds are not in our favor.

I still think signing Moss would have been the best. He already is a great receiver and probably will be for a couple more years at least. Then in the middle of the season next year, I could have posted how brilliant I was for thinking of it.

Of course if he sucked next year I could have then just posted nothing.

I too wanted Sweed and when the Steelers got him I knew I would be comparing the 2.

Right now, advantage Sweed.

I love rating which rookie receiver is better before either of them has played in 1 game. The offseason sucks.

I love rating which rookie receiver is better before either of them has played in 1 game. The offseason sucks.

Not judging but it doesn't sound good. I have a feeling he's an accident waiting to happen. I hope I'm wrong, but you can't be happy about this are you?

Not judging but it doesn't sound good. I have a feeling he's an accident waiting to happen. I hope I'm wrong, but you can't be happy about this are you?

I'm not happy about it, but I'm not worried about it either. No charges were pressed, he was at a family bbq, not a strip club, and no one knows exactly what happened. I don't think it decreases the chances that Hardy will be better than sweed, or that sweed will be better than hardy, or that steve johnson will be better than both of them. We'll have to wait til they get on the field to see.

so you would rather have had the Bills draft Sweed, who hurt his wrist before the season then hurt that same wrist causing him to miss most of the 07 season instead of a 6'7 wr who put up solid numbers for three straight years in college. Teams passed on Sweed for a reason, are souts wrong? Sure they are but two injuries to the same body part would worry me. Especially if that body part has something to do with catching the ball.

Im glad they dafted Hardy and when he is catchung jump balls in the corner of the endzone over smaller db's Im sure most fans will have forgotten about last week when some girl said he pulled a gun out on his convict father.

I too wanted Sweed and when the Steelers got him I knew I would be comparing the 2.

Right now, advantage Sweed.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.............................

Whoa -- watch out for the loop-de-loop after you cross that second hump!

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.............................

Whoa -- watch out for the loop-de-loop after you cross that second hump!

How did you get on this ride? Did you stand on your tip-toes to make the height requirement? :rolleyes:

It just doesn't sound good. If you want to bury your head in the sand thats fine but sorry I have an opinion about something.

I'm sure if he's catching td's all will be forgotten but thats not a good way to start out.

I love how people say that if Sweed goes on to an HOF career with the Steelers and Hardy doesn't with the Bills that the Bills somehow will have made the wrong choice.

Sweed's career with the Steelers is dependent on the team around him. Hardy's career with the Bills is dependent on the team around him. One has NOTHING to do with the other. For anyone to suggest otherwise is idiotic at best.

Would Hardy have an HOF career with the Steelers? Would Sweed with the Bills? Or vice-versa? See how much of an excercize in futility this argument is in the first place?

GO BILLS!!!

I love how people say that if Sweed goes on to an HOF career with the Steelers and Hardy doesn't with the Bills that the Bills somehow will have made the wrong choice.

Sweed's career with the Steelers is dependent on the team around him. Hardy's career with the Bills is dependent on the team around him. One has NOTHING to do with the other. For anyone to suggest otherwise is idiotic at best.

Would Hardy have an HOF career with the Steelers? Would Sweed with the Bills? Or vice-versa? See how much of an excercize in futility this argument is in the first place?

GO BILLS!!!

Yes...GO BILLS!!!

For the record, I always wanted Sweed more than Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy or any other WR in the draft. The fact that he was high character (from what we heard) was a bonus.

I get the feeling that in a few years, when he's a very good WR for the Steelers, we are all going to wonder why we passed on him for a guy that'll be out of the league and behind bars.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but my head is telling me that these odds are not in our favor.

For the record, I always wanted Bryant McKinnie instead of Mike Williams. Do I get a prize or something?

The head-banging smiley is fine, but I really feel like I need a driving-nails-into-my-eyeballs-so-I-will-never-read-posts-like-this-again smiley right now.