Limas Sweed

For the record, I always wanted Sweed more than Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy or any other WR in the draft. The fact that he was high character (from what we heard) was a bonus.

I get the feeling that in a few years, when he's a very good WR for the Steelers, we are all going to wonder why we passed on him for a guy that'll be out of the league and behind bars.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but my head is telling me that these odds are not in our favor.

Just a reminder, it was reported that the Steelers had planned on drafting Hardy with their first pick until Mendenhall fell into their lap.

Thus, the Steelers preferred Hardy over Sweed.

For the record, I always wanted Sweed more than Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy or any other WR in the draft. The fact that he was high character (from what we heard) was a bonus.

I get the feeling that in a few years, when he's a very good WR for the Steelers, we are all going to wonder why we passed on him for a guy that'll be out of the league and behind bars.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but my head is telling me that these odds are not in our favor.

No. In a few years you'll be explaining that Sweed isn't productive because the Steelers have a run first, grind it out offense :blink:

For the record, so far in their distinguished careers Sweed has shown better judgment but not nearly the toughness of Hardy. As of three weeks after the draft I would say their careers are a wash.

Well, in the statistical category of "embarrassing incidents," it's Hardy 1 and Sweed 0.

I love rating which rookie receiver is better before either of them has played in 1 game. The offseason sucks.

before either has played a game???

how about, before either of them has even stepped on the field for training camp?????

who cares who gets in more trouble, although hardy really didnt get in any trouble...how about we compare their stats 10 years from now?

Lets make a huge list of all the players that the Bills should have drafted but didn't.

Lets also make a list of the players that weren't drafted but we're all glad they weren't.

You can go in circles for hours with this type of garbage.

For the record, so far in their distinguished careers Sweed has shown better judgment but not nearly the toughness of Hardy.

For the record that is complete and utter bullshlt.