Development along waterfront

Would these new residences be in a nice area to raise a family?

They are nice area. I do not know about raising a family just because they really do not have any yards. Your yard is basically Lake Erie.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is a serious question, not really. At this point and time there is absolutely nothing else around there. There are proposals (again) to develop that whole waterfront stretch, but we know all to well how that goes.

It was. And I vaugly remember that area. I thought it was like you describe. Man that's gonna be a tough sell when/if they get built.

Yes, it actually is.

Freezer Queen Site

That is not the area Iam talking about. The area Im talking about is behind HSBC Center, behind the aud, & behind that business complex. Kinda across from the Hatch. Your talking about the area down toward the pier right?

It was. And I vaugly remember that area. I thought it was like you describe. Man that's gonna be a tough sell when/if they get built.

I agree. I would imagine it would be one of those deals where you have to have X percent of condo's sold or down payments on lease's before they start building, which would push the project back many years.

They are already built though. & they are in the process of building one more with another one to be started next year. Someone must be buying them if they keep building them. I would not raise a family there(not because it is a bad neighborhood) but just because like the previous poster said, there really is nothing else around there at this time. Hopefully, as time goes on, that will change.

They are already built though. & they are in the process of building one more with another one to be started next year. Someone must be buying them if they keep building them. I would not raise a family there(not because it is a bad neighborhood) but just because like the previous poster said, there really is nothing else around there at this time. Hopefully, as time goes on, that will change.

They are? Maybe I watched the wrong Video EZC supplied. The one I watched showed the old building and site with the builder making some comments about what they were going to do....

Whats the correct link, I'd like to see them.

Wait. Wait. Are we talking about the same thing. The waterfront?

They are? Maybe I watched the wrong Video EZC supplied. The one I watched showed the old building and site with the builder making some comments about what they were going to do....

I think your talking about the land past the skyway. That has not been developed as of yet & who knows if it ever will. There are condos back in the small boat harbor, kinda back by the old Craw Daddy's(now Shang Hai Reds) that are being built. Some of them have been there for awhile now(I think Michael Pecca used to live in one of them)but they are putting new ones up also.

I think your talking about the land past the skyway. That has not been developed as of yet & who knows if it ever will. There are condos back in the small boat harbor, kinda back by the old Craw Daddy's(now Shang Hai Reds) that are being built. Some of them have been there for awhile now(I think Michael Pecca used to live in one of them)but they are putting new ones up also.

Yes. Thats what I've been talking about all day. I'll have to take a look at what you're talking about.

Your talking ablout the old Freezer Queen plant on the outer harbor. Those are not built yet. Gordio is speaking about the inner harbor Waterfront Place tower which is under construction. FYI, the 2 penthouse units in that building are already under contract at in excess of $1 million each.

The environmental impact statements about the property, its historical use and the wealthy greenies' legal attacks should be interesting to watch. :blink:

The environmental impact statements about the property, its historical use and the wealthy greenies' legal attacks should be interesting to watch. :blink:

You make a good point Cincy. My friend who used to work for the army core of engineers told me one time that one of the main problems in developing that land is that that once they start digging, they are terrified of what they are going to find. I suppose they do not want another love canal incident.

You make a good point Cincy. My friend who used to work for the army core of engineers told me one time that one of the main problems in developing that land is that that once they start digging, they are terrified of what they are going to find. I suppose they do not want another love canal incident.

That's Corps...

:blink::P

Try this article out regarding this issue

Just a reminder for any folks that would consider buying one of those condos at the old Freezer Queen Site.

They are being built in a pier surrounded on three sides by water.

If you haven't been on the waterfront between December through March, you are going to have a new appreciation for what a Buffalo winter is really like.

I'm not talking Amherst, Lancaster or Orchard Park "tough Buffalo winter"-

I'm talking brutal, on the waterfront weather ,that most even true Buffalonians ,have never experienced on a daily basis.

Enjoy the view.............

...and how is this "nasty" weather at the freezer queen location different from the weather by the condos at the waters edge adjacent to the Erie Basin Marina, that are so popular that they are building a new tower?

It's not Antarctica and you're not living in a teepee, so stop with the dramatization. :rolleyes:

Would these new residences be in a nice area to raise a family?

Of course. Think of the day you can take a lovely walk with your family. (just not from the months of october to may) As you step outside, you can show your kids the view of the new peace bridge going from buffalo to fort erie. You can then head out and take your kids on a walk to bass pro and buy them some gear. After a day of fishing with dad, then you can stop by the the new highrise downtown where you work in your high-paying professional job.

That is not the small boat harbor you are talking about. It is the Erie Basin Marina. The small boat harbor is just south of the proposed Freezer Queen development(see center of linked image).

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=U...mp;t=h&z=15