Development along waterfront

Then again, I like to see guys like End Zone Crew cruising around here with that big target on his head that says " Give me shiit, I cant take it"

Did you get objects anally inserted in your rectum as a young lad in grade school by Jimmy Griffin?

Erynthered......getting ready to beat some Buffalo arse!!!

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats funny is, that some of these guys take this ribbing so personal. I for one would love to see the economy turn around in Buffalo. I was there when it took a sh-- back in the mid/late 70's. I'm still waiting. Then again, I like to see guys like End Zone Crew cruising around here with that big target on his head that says " Give me shiit, I cant take it"

:blink:

I dont take it personal, I just do not like it when some loud mouth know it alls that were not smart enough to hack it up here & find a decent job in WNY telling us how much our lives suck because we live in WNY. Believe it or not, some people do actually like living up here & some people actually do make a decent living up here & have good jobs.

I dont take it personal, I just do not like it when some loud mouth know it alls that were not smart enough to hack it up here & find a decent job in WNY telling us how much our lives suck because we live in WNY. Believe it or not, some people do actually like living up here & some people actually do make a decent living up here & have good jobs.

Um. Thats taking it personal Dude. If you let what other people say about the place that you live bother you, you're taking it personal. Nothing wrong with that. Admit it.

Or, just keep this on yourself.

Um. Thats taking it personal Dude. If you let what other people say about the place that you live bother you, you're taking it personal. Nothing wrong with that. Admit it.

Or, just keep this on yourself.

It's kind of like a younger brother or sister. You can be rude and mean to him or her all day and night. But if someone else comes along and picks on them, you're ready to throw down! I B word and moan about NYS taxes and lack of development in Buffalo all the time, but I will defend Buffalo as much as possible when someone on this board or anywhere else bashes my home...

It's kind of like a younger brother or sister. You can be rude and mean to him or her all day and night. But if someone else comes along and picks on them, you're ready to throw down! I B word and moan about NYS taxes and lack of development in Buffalo all the time, but I will defend Buffalo as much as possible when someone on this board or anywhere else bashes my home...

Don't get me wrong. I defend where I'm from often. Its what we do, we're from Buffalo. But some need to relax a little when defending Buffalo on a message board. Either that or the shots will obviously keep coming. Lude? :blink:

Don't get me wrong. I defend where I'm from often. Its what we do, we're from Buffalo. But some need to relax a little when defending Buffalo on a message board. Either that or the shots will obviously keep coming. Lude? :blink:

I have lived in Buffalo, Boston, Philadelphia and Chicago.

As a Buffalo native, the thing that drives me the most nuts about Buffalonians is how thin skinned they are.

The city's collective self esteem is so low it's embarassing.

In recent years I was in Buffalo when the NCAA tournament was here, the pathetic reporters were following people around asking them "What do you think of Buffalo?" at every turn. Who the f*k cares!!!!!!!!!!!! The need for some sort of positive national validation is frightening.

Buffalo has it's strengths and weaknesses like every other area in the country.

If you like it there, who the hell cares what anyone else thinks?

Hey, its my home too. 90% of my family lives there and its where i spent the first 21+ years of my life. I moved to florida 5 years ago to go to grad school. I bag on buffalo, because the city steps on its own dick every single time they try to get something done. They just cant get their sh-- together. I'm not making fun of the people that still live there, i am making fun of the city for its complete inability to turn itself around, and the mind numbing roadblocks preventing a lot fo these projects from being completed.

Theres simply nothing to draw people to buffalo. And while a few waterfront condos will be nice and a good start, they arent just going to trigger an economic boom. The city has been "planning" sh-- for 15 odd years, and saying the same thing over and over. The next time they complete a successful project will be the first.

Okay, maybe I do take it personal. & maybe WNY'ers are thin skinned but I think alot of this has to do with people, most of who I might add that have never been to WNY, from around the country seem to take a cheap shot at buffalo every chance they get. I do not see other cities on a national scale getting made fun of the way Buffalo does. Why, because we had one snow storm in 1977?

Okay, maybe I do take it personal. & maybe WNY'ers are thin skinned but I think alot of this has to do with people, most of who I might add that have never been to WNY, from around the country seem to take a cheap shot at buffalo every chance they get. I do not see other cities on a national scale getting made fun of the way Buffalo does. Why, because we had one snow storm in 1977?

See? Thats step one in my 3 million step program to overcome any astigmatisms about being from Buffalo. You have a long way to go Grasshopper. :blink:

Seriously. I dont let any of the shiit some people throw at me down here when I wear my Bills gear. Nada, None, Ziltch, Zip, Zero. I take pride in being from Buffalo. :P

Though, if beerball jumps in this thread I'M A GONNA KICKA HISA ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the price range for these new condos?

I believe the ones right on the water our going for between $250K & $350K. The ones a little ways from the water our going for $150K - $200K. Certainly not the price of a midtown condo in Gotham, but not chump change either.

Now, i know a lot of you will get your panties all in a bunch, but how are people moving around within Buffalo (from the suburbs to a waterfront condo) going to stimulate buffalo's economy? Until outside revenue and companies are brought in, nothing is going to change.

I believe the ones right on the water our going for between $250K & $350K. The ones a little ways from the water our going for $150K - $200K. Certainly not the price of a midtown condo in Gotham, but not chump change either.

If I bought one of those places, how far would I have to drive to go grocery shopping?