What former Bill would you like to have on our roster?

Other than Fat Pat, I can't think of one guy I wish the Bills still had on their roster that is still in the NFL. Not even one! That's a testament to the great job Buffalo's front office has been doing lately.

Think about it for a second. Would you like to have Nate Clements back with his huge contract now that we have McKelvin at cornerback? Greer also proved to be a pretty good DB as well. My answer is NO. I wouldn't want Nate back.

How about Jonas or Mike Williams on the O-Line? NO!

Moulds? Fletcher? Spikes? Vincent? Milloy? Sammy Morris? Sam Adams?

A big fat NO to all of the above. The Bills get highly criticized by the so called "experts" in the media whenever they let someone go, but yet the Bills have hit it right on the head with every single decision they make. It's only a matter of time before we dominate the AFC again. Our time is coming!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Marv/DJs team and they will put their players, not somebody else's, on the field, win or lose . They rarely have said that as definitively as I have here. Rather, they demonstrated it with their actions. Clearly they believed, as did I, that you aren't a "star" if you are on a team that can't make the playoffs for 6 years. Especially if there are multiple so-called "stars" on the team, meaning you're not all by yourself(like OJ was at first).

I think it goes a lot deeper than just Clements, I think they basically wanted to get rid of everybody, and they have so far with just a few more questions left. They even drafted a QB high last year. Looking back, and taking the whole team into account, the Edwards pick isn't surprising at all. It even looks purposeful now, and not just about value/highest grade on the board.

This transition all started with getting rid of Donahoe(thank God), and it won't be over until final decisions are made about JP, Evans, Parrish, Reed, and I'd even add McGee to that list. They already decided about the players you listed plus Schobel and Kelsay, and cut everybody else from Donahoe's teams.

Other than Fat Pat, I can't think of one guy I wish the Bills still had on their roster that is still in the NFL. Not even one! That's a testament to the great job Buffalo's front office has been doing lately.

If my glass were half empty I would say it shows that the front offices past did a sh------- job in drafting top notch talent, and they weren't better in free agency. We still don't have a glut of talent, but it does appear to be improving.

If I were to pick a player it would probably be Nate...

Fat Pat is the obvious choice here. He would make the Bills better, even with the Stroud addition. The DT rotation would be sick.

I also wouldn't mind a Clements/McKelvin defensive backfield, with McGee playing nickel.

Antoine Winfield is the one that I miss the most. I always thought that for an undersized corner, being one of the best tacklers on the team was pretty impressive. I think that he could have been helpful the past couple years.

I would have to say Bruce Smith. Talent-wise, he was above everyone else, and made everyone along the line better. The only other guy I can come up with is Ted Washington and Kent Hull. In TW's first year on the team, three players closest to him ended up topping the century mark in tackles.

Good question!

I'm talking from a talent perspective, comparing the players to who we have on the team now (ignoring salary/value). I'd like to have any of the following back:

Pat Williams

Antoine Winfield - I saw several Vikings games last year and thought he looked great.

Travis Henry - again, looking at talent; I realise he would have a problem splitting time with Lynch and is at risk for a one year suspension.

Nate Clements - purely from a talent perspective. No way is he worth near his salary. (btw, I saw 5-6 49ers games and he looked a lot worse than Winfield to me.)

Ross Tucker for O-line depth

Mike Shneck for long-snapping duties (unless there was an unreported personality/behavior issue that got him cut)

Sammy Morris - I think he could still compete, though I suspect he wouldn't make the final roster given the potential of the young guys on the team at RB.

Rusty Jones - I had to throw him in here

Darwin Walker - This one is cheap, but qualifies if I look only at talent. I think attitude and history means we should pass however