who tinkled in Jerry's cornflakes this a.m. J.P.?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/336249.html

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/jerrysullivan/story/336249.html

i knew Sully didn't like JP but what brought this on?

i apologize if link does not work. i never have used this feature before. article is on TBD main page

It is kind of out of the blue, isn't it. Almost as if they ran into each other at an Elmwood Ave. drinking establishment, had an argument, and Sullivan just couldn't leave it alone. Not saying that happened but I wonder if Sullivan isn't that type.

GO BILLS!!!

It is kind of out of the blue, isn't it. Almost as if they ran into each other at an Elmwood Ave. drinking establishment, had an argument, and Sullivan just couldn't leave it alone. Not saying that happened but I wonder if Sullivan isn't that type.

GO BILLS!!!

Sullivan is exactly that type. Someone needs to bitchslap that ignorant POS.

He's arguing with himself ... he says "Just because management keeps reminding us they intend to keep Losman as the backup quarterback, it’s suddenly the best thing that could happen to the team? "

Well, no, not the BEST thing Jerry, no one said THAT. It's just not the end of the world. the BEST thing would be for Edwards to be healthy and effective and then the backup is a non-factor.

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns...ory/336249.html

http://www.buffalonews.com/opinion/columns/jerrysullivan/story/336249.html

i knew Sully didn't like JP but what brought this on?

i apologize if link does not work. i never have used this feature before. article is on TBD main page

This article is ridiculous. We are pretty much reconciled to JP being a backup in Buffalo. But to bash the guy further and say he is not even worthy of being a backup is pure ignorance and borderline malicious. He is approaching the level of intelligence shown by Expert_Opinion.

He's arguing with himself ... he says "Just because management keeps reminding us they intend to keep Losman as the backup quarterback, it’s suddenly the best thing that could happen to the team? "

Well, no, not the BEST thing Jerry, no one said THAT. It's just not the end of the world. the BEST thing would be for Edwards to be healthy and effective and then the backup is a non-factor.

Actually, the best thing would be for someone to coldcock that sniveling whiney a-hole and laugh as the blood trickles down his chin. JMO though.

GO BILLSSS!!!

Actually, the best thing would be for someone to coldcock that sniveling whiney a-hole and laugh as the blood trickles down his chin. JMO though.

GO BILLSSS!!!

Lemme guess. Your Sully's brother, aren't you?

GO BILLS!!!

I really don't think it was as bad of an article as some are making out to be. I like Losman but the way he called out coaches and made comments about Ralph being the benching was bush league. Again, he is a good guy and I'm sure quite frustrated, but you don't do that. You take responsiblity for your own play.

And for as much as we said that it's good to have JP as a backup, I have little doubts he wasn't on the block. Even if Edwards gets hurt, has Losman ever show he could put more than a couple of good starts together? Fact is, no one offered anything of value. So Sullivan is right that it doesn't serve Edwards any good having JP as a backup. Because they were always be those brain-dead people who are willing to give up on a 2nd year player for a 5th year one (with mostly average to below average play) the moment TE struggles.

I think JP would be a great backup QB. He has proven he can come in and win (replaced Holcomb vs. KC, replaced Edwards vs. NYJ). For me, he had his shining opportunity as a starter against Jax last season, and failed miserably. But I have no qualms about him coming in if Trent got knocked dizzy.

The prospect of JP stringing wins together as a starter is unrealistic based on his past. But what teams in the league TRUTHFULLY expect that they will be okay if their starting QB goes down? There are no teams who would feel comfortable using their backup for an extended stretch, 3 games or more...Most would be in trouble.

I also don't fear the "JP hovering over Trent's shoulder" angle.

Sully is a clown and the article can sound a little harsh at times, but whatever...The only piece I disagree with is the line, "The Bills knew they were done with JP when they drafted Edwards last season." Completely untrue. The Bills were hoping for big things from JP, and also had a gaping hole at backup QB.

Because they were always be those brain-dead people who are willing to give up on a 2nd year player for a 5th year one (with mostly average to below average play) the moment TE struggles.

Anyone else catch the irony in this statement? You arent related to mike mularkey, are you?

Anyone else catch the irony in this statement? You arent related to mike mularkey, are you?

Hey, if you go back, I was a huge JP supporter (as I am about every player on the team). I defended hi magainst people who were saying we should have drafted Leinart in 2006. He need a chance to play and prove his worth. Now I know it hasn't been ideal, but after 3 years, I'm just ready to turn the page. I just hope that all the people who make a million excuses for JP give Edwards the same benefit of the doubt.

Hey, if you go back, I was a huge JP supporter (as I am about every player on the team). I defended hi magainst people who were saying we should have drafted Leinart in 2006. He need a chance to play and prove his worth. Now I know it hasn't been ideal, but after 3 years, I'm just ready to turn the page. I just hope that all the people who make a million excuses for JP give Edwards the same benefit of the doubt.

I wasnt accusing you of anything specifically. I saw the way that the Bills completely bungled JP's development, and my biggest hope is that they do NOT repeat this with trent.

Sully probably still stews that Losman called him out in a post-game press conference. Seems to be the editorial style of News' sports columnists. Like Gleason's need to flavor each hockey story with, "... meanwhile, in case you haven't read, the Sabres lost Drury & Briere..." Sully needs to bash Losman because Checkers ran low on beer the night before.

I'd like to see that whiney knobgobbler line up as QB and take just one snap at the Bills' camp this summer. I'd also like to see Troy Vincent back for that play. :D

It's become so obvious over the years that Sullivan knows nothing about football, but certainly has his personal vendettas and an overwhelming desire to have his ridiculous opinions vindicated. If he wants to criticize Losman, he should learn about the game like George Plimpton did in Paper Lion, taking a stab at backup QB for the Detroit Lions...

Paper Lion

Go ahead Sully. Got the balls?

This article is ridiculous. We are pretty much reconciled to JP being a backup in Buffalo. But to bash the guy further and say he is not even worthy of being a backup is pure ignorance and borderline malicious. He is approaching the level of intelligence shown by Expert_Opinion.

Is it possible? Expert Opinion = Jerry Sullivan!?

The part of the article that really got me was that he believes that JP Losman is not in the top 50 QBs in the league. Really? It's ot even a given that he is worse than all of the starters (I'm not trying to make a case for JP as the starter or even that he is that good, but just that he is not as bad as Sullivan makes him out to be). Is JP worse than the following possible starters?

John Beck

Kyle Boller

Tavaris Jackson

Rex Grossman

Kyle Orton

I view all these players as along the same lines as JP (and this doesn't include any of the rookies from this past draft) and think they are all about equal in value. The only real difference would be potential vs realized play.

On top of those players, to then find another 18 QBs who are better than JP would be tough. Not to mention, would you really want a guy with zero experience as a backup? I agree that JP probably isn't going to get us in the playoffs if Trent goes down for a long time, but to say that you'd rather have the UDFA QB we signed come in for the second half of a game in relief of Trent is nuts.

In summary, Sullivan is an attention whore.