How many CBs can we keep?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CFox

I, too, think we could carry 6 CBs this season... and see one resultant decrease at safety w/ Ko, Whitner, Wilson and Wendling (who can't be put on the PS again); also, the LB we drafted is a 'tweener SS. I think we typically carry 5 Ss, no?

Or the roster spot might come out of the WR pool or Coy Wire's slot, who had been primarily a ST player.

I look at it this way.

McGee and Greer remain incumbent starters.

McKelvin replaces Webster (Regardless of how well the rook plays, I call that an upgrade, since Webster was on IR virtually all of last year. If he catches on quick, he moves Greer to nickel.)

James replaces Thomas (Upgrade)

Youboty and Corner duke it out for the 5th spot (Both COULD make it if Youboty shows anything at all.)

Cox is probably destined for the practice squad, depending upon the outcome of Youboty vs. Corner.

If McKelvin is everything the Bills believe he can be, then I have to say that I REALLY like the foursome of McGee/McKelvin/Greer/James in dime situations.

this is why i didn't care for the reggie corner pick - only so many roster spots to go around and i don't see them having the room to carry 6, meaning someone is going to get cut.......would have made more sense to add OL depth or trade up for a receiving TE, IMO

6 max. Corner is a near lock to make the roster - and actually it seems that everyone that's seen him play thinks he's incredible. James or Youboty could be the odd man out if we only keep 5. Cox is almost certainly destined for the practice squad.

Youboty and Greer are in the final year of their deals. With the cashmoney being thrown at CB's......who we don't re-sign anyf****nways, we had to have enough for next year. We'll keep McLovin, McGee, James, Greer, Youboty, and Corner, and then go fishin for two more agin next year when Greer and Youboty move on.

Youboty and Greer are in the final year of their deals. With the cashmoney being thrown at CB's......who we don't re-sign anyf****nways, we had to have enough for next year. We'll keep McLovin, McGee, James, Greer, Youboty, and Corner, and then go fishin for two more agin next year when Greer and Youboty move on.

Greer is the only player I'd be concerned about leaving. If Youboty shows any improvement the Bills should be able to sign him cheaply and I don't think Greer will command Nate Clements money and may be reasonable about his contract demands.

NE won 2 SBs with like 12 dbs on the roster.

ZOMG ONLY HAVE TEH LINEMEN, 13 GUARDS OR MORE!!! ZOMG!!!!

if we have 7 cbs one can double as a back upsafety. once ne lines up 4 or 5 wide for the first time we'll be very happy we "wasted" picks on guys like corner.