TMQ - Draft Review

Uh-oh Gregg, expect to be taken off Mort's Christmas card list....

Buffalo: The Bills are still reeling from the final two years of bumbling former president and general manager Tom Donahoe; his 2004 and 2005 drafts produced just one player expected to start in 2008: receiver Lee Evans. Donahoe was also the genius who let Pat Williams go, though Bills owner Ralph Wilson strongly wished to re-sign the Ticonderoga-class defensive tackle. Donahoe told Wilson that Williams was washed up; since being shown the door at Buffalo, Williams has been voted to two Pro Bowls. Note that after being shown the door himself in 2006, Donahoe has not worked in football.

Bottom line for a web of Bills trades over the past year: Buffalo surrendered the complaining Willis McGahee and the fading Takeo Spikes for Trent Edwards, Marcus Stroud and a late draft choice. That's the kind of sharp management decision making the Bills lacked under Donahoe. But note, Buffalo has not made the playoffs since abandoning red, white and American flag blue -- not to put too fine a point on it, but the single most successful color scheme in world history -- for its current hideous livery based on a hue TMQ calls Rusting Russian Dreadnaught Aft Bulkhead Cyanic. Plus the new Bills road uniforms look like toddlers' pajamas. Please Bills, simply return to your handsome old unis. No questions will be asked.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;lid=tab4pos1

if we are going to switch, my vote is to go with the current throwbacks @ home (they are badass), and then design an all-white or a white top, blue pants roadie based on the throwback colors. Then, use the 1990's Bills jerseys as a "throwback."

What would it take to get new uniforms? I mean, they would make a lot more $$$, much like the case with the throwbacks being introduced in the first place. All new uniforms means people will have to go out and buy them and update their own personal collection.

That is providing that the new unis would look better than the fabric vomit they don on the road.

if we are going to switch, my vote is to go with the current throwbacks @ home (they are badass), and then design an all-white or a white top, blue pants roadie based on the throwback colors. Then, use the 1990's Bills jerseys as a "throwback."

I think the white shirt/colored pants idea usually sucks. I wish they would play an "away throwback" game and wear the whites from the same era. I don't know what pants they wore, but if they were the same as the home throwbacks, then I'd be down with that.

I grew up watching the 90s uniforms and will always think they were the best. But as much as I'd like to go back to them, I liked the spirit of Donahoe's change in that a new era should define itself with a new look. The execution was just so piss poor it boggles the mind.

if we are going to switch, my vote is to go with the current throwbacks @ home (they are badass), and then design an all-white or a white top, blue pants roadie based on the throwback colors.

I agree. If WNY-ers are bound and determined to live in the past, by God let's look the part on the field!

Some trivia:

1. He's from WNY.

2. I believe he previously attacked the trade of Spikes, thinking Spikes had recovered from the injury towards the end of his last year in Buffalo.

3. His brother is one of the strongest judicial supporters of full enforceability for EULAs.

Obviously this guy hasn't looked at a flag lately, because the current navy blue is closer than the old royal blue to what is on the flag. Having said that, just go back to the 1980 Fergy era unis and all will be fine.

Uh-oh Gregg, expect to be taken off Mort's Christmas card list....

Buffalo: The Bills are still reeling from the final two years of bumbling former president and general manager Tom Donahoe; his 2004 and 2005 drafts produced just one player expected to start in 2008: receiver Lee Evans. Donahoe was also the genius who let Pat Williams go, though Bills owner Ralph Wilson strongly wished to re-sign the Ticonderoga-class defensive tackle. Donahoe told Wilson that Williams was washed up; since being shown the door at Buffalo, Williams has been voted to two Pro Bowls. Note that after being shown the door himself in 2006, Donahoe has not worked in football.

Bottom line for a web of Bills trades over the past year: Buffalo surrendered the complaining Willis McGahee and the fading Takeo Spikes for Trent Edwards, Marcus Stroud and a late draft choice. That's the kind of sharp management decision making the Bills lacked under Donahoe. But note, Buffalo has not made the playoffs since abandoning red, white and American flag blue -- not to put too fine a point on it, but the single most successful color scheme in world history -- for its current hideous livery based on a hue TMQ calls Rusting Russian Dreadnaught Aft Bulkhead Cyanic. Plus the new Bills road uniforms look like toddlers' pajamas. Please Bills, simply return to your handsome old unis. No questions will be asked.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;lid=tab4pos1

Send a copy to Mort.

I think the white shirt/colored pants idea usually sucks. I wish they would play an "away throwback" game and wear the whites from the same era. I don't know what pants they wore, but if they were the same as the home throwbacks, then I'd be down with that.

I grew up watching the 90s uniforms and will always think they were the best. But as much as I'd like to go back to them, I liked the spirit of Donahoe's change in that a new era should define itself with a new look. The execution was just so piss poor it boggles the mind.

I think gray pants would look good with the white version of the throw back tops we wear now.

may be blue socks?

I am surprised Brandon has not addressed those uniforms yet, he is a big marketing guy....switching those uniforms is a great opportuniy to make some serious coin.

yah, but maybe he's planning on making a huge splash by changing them when we move to toronto. :D

I am surprised Brandon has not addressed those uniforms yet, he is a big marketing guy....switching those uniforms is a great opportuniy to make some serious coin.

How much of the apparel money goes to the team? I know that NFLP is the one selling the rights, but how do they allocate the money?

I really like the current home unis. They look sleek and modern without being too noisy, and they're more or less our classic colors. Most of us agree the road unis are a mess, though, so I'd love to see them use the 90s whites on the road again. Since they both use the same helmet, I don't see the problem with mixing and matching two unis when they're both pretty modern anyway.

Some trivia:

1. He's from WNY.

2. I believe he previously attacked the trade of Spikes, thinking Spikes had recovered from the injury towards the end of his last year in Buffalo.

3. His brother is one of the strongest judicial supporters of full enforceability for EULAs.

What's an EULA?

Send a copy to Mort.

Why? He'll just cry on it and then blow his nose with it. :D

What's an EULA?

Why? He'll just cry on it and then blow his nose with it. :D

EULA - End User License Agreement. You see it on software. Means that no matter how bad the software is, or how bad it messes up your computer, or how much money it costs you or your business in doing so, only the end user is at fault. Not the people that wrote the software. Whatever the guarantee the software has, it basically says "Whoops! We didn't mean anything we said in the product marketing! We didn't mean to say that the software should do what it says it does!"

People should read the entire article. I'm going to bookmark it and read it / post it next year before the draft. Lots of people around here gave me sh-- about this opinion the past few months and said I was adding to the noise around here for posting it. That said, Easterbrook may be better at expressing his thoughts in writing than I am. I think he gets paid to do it or something. :D

His point? That even the professionals get the draft wrong. Therefore, fans shouldn't get all pissed because what they think they know doesn't happen on draft day. Fans don't know crap about evaluating players. So they should shut up and not pretend they do.

It does seem like were finally past the Donahoe era -present uni's notwithstanding. It's just a shame this franchise has had so many of these incredible flops that have effectively wiped out 5-7 seasons: Saban bailing on us (TWICE!); Rauch's lunacy; Harvey Johnson/Kay Stephenson/Bullough/Williams/Mularky and fiasco's with Polian, Knox & Phillips.

Not trying to be a Negative Nancy. I, too, am finally excited about a competitive team. But having followed the Bills throughout their history means I'm getting old and with the future in peril, this may be the one last best shot to finally exorcise past demons and lay to waste the perception we were only great in the AFL (with apologies to Samvaca and the original Bills).

Jauron's coaching record, Edwards and Turks' inexperience still temper my enthusiasm, but we are finally back on a level playing field with talented and skilled players and opponents will once again FEAR THE THRONG at the Ralph. We can't impact the future of the franchise and if the end is in sight, at least we have a solid team worthy of one last great hurrah to devote to.

It's what we do best :D

Go Bills!