If Hardy is a bust...

otisly00

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why it's even a question. If Hardy busts, then we're in trouble and we have to try to find another big WR. It's the same thing that would happen with any other team that has a bust at a position of need. You experience the consequences, and then you try again.

Ashton Youboty busts, so you draft Leodis McKelvin.

There you go! The draft is a crapshoot. You do your homework, make an educated guess and cross your fingers. If it doesn't work out (see Williams, Mike & Flowers, Erik) you go ahead and make other plans. If it does work, the first thing you do is log on to www.twobillsdrive.com and tell everyone "HA! I freakin' told you so!"

if he busts we are stuck where we are right now on O.

i think he'll be perfect for us.

he'll catch little throws (for 5-12 yards instead of the 1-4 we got from gains all the time) and be a threat over the top of LBs.

once in the red zone he'll be great for us. frankly that was our big problem. evans and lynch are monsters in the middle of the pitch, but in the redzone you front evans and put 8 in the box to stop marshawn. with a big wr you have a guy trent can always see and throw a nice no INT possible ball to.

I have a bad feeling this guy isnt going to translate into a legimate NFL WR. I wouldnt mind sitting here today with Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelley on the roster...with the high probabilty of WR busts the skins hedged their bet....

That's easy! We draft him. in round 1.

Come back with some hard questions.

I don't know. What if Edwards or McCargo is a bust? What is Lynch breaks a leg in weeks two? What if Stroud is old and sucks?

But if Stroud returns to glorious All Pro form and McCargo (who has shown glimpses of being a real beast) reaches his prime, we will have one terrifying combo up the middle once again!

There you go! The draft is a crapshoot. You do your homework, make an educated guess and cross your fingers. If it doesn't work out (see Williams, Mike & Flowers, Erik) you go ahead and make other plans. If it does work, the first thing you do is log on to www.twobillsdrive.com and tell everyone "HA! I freakin' told you so!"

Too true. :lol:

With a rare combination of size and speed, this guy could really be the high motor pick we're looking for. He's a little old, but on the positive side, we could sign him to a 5 year contract and he'd retire a Bill. So, no more letting guys go after their first contract is up.

I have a bad feeling this guy isnt going to translate into a legimate NFL WR. I wouldnt mind sitting here today with Devin Thomas and Malcom Kelley on the roster...with the high probabilty of WR busts the skins hedged their bet....

WTF??????? You think wasting a high pick on a second WR just to hedge your bets is a good move???? That's stupid. What if they both bust? Do you pick three next time??? The guy hasn't even stepped on the field and you're already worried Hardy's a bust??? Please archive this post so we can all have a big laugh when he's automatic in the red zone.

PTR

nice one buddy. go re read our posts and tell me its the same thing. I can find more than 1 or 2 people who have questions on Hardy and his impact on the Bills. Lastly, you seem to be the same little brat i see lurking around the message boards trying to instigate - keep em coming. Miss you.

- BFF

yea it's all my fault haha get real

If you think I'm the one instigating stuff you don't get around the boards much.

WTF??????? You think wasting a high pick on a second WR just to hedge your bets is a good move???? That's stupid. What if they both bust? Do you pick three next time??? The guy hasn't even stepped on the field and you're already worried Hardy's a bust??? Please archive this post so we can all have a big laugh when he's automatic in the red zone.

PTR

Lets get to the red zone first. I understand he has the potential to be great in the red zone. What I was saying is that with WR our most obvious need IMO (based on our complete lack of production the past couple years), putting all of our hopes for an offense that can put up 20+ pts consistently on one guy (a rookie) is tough. I just would have liked to see us get another big physical WR before the 7th round (not knowing much about SJohnson, but 7th round is 7th round). The skins were in the same boat as us with a bunch of small WR - a Santana Moss (i.e Lee Evans), Randal El (i.e. Roscoe), McCardel etc.. (Josh Reed) and they took 2 top tier WR and a big time receiving TE (which it seems most on this board wanted). Still liked us taking McCelvin at 11...but 3rd/4th or 5th round WR could have been nice...

Alright, enough already. This thread has gone from asking a reasonable question to beyond annoying, primarily because many of these posts rely on BS projections and chain rule logic. More importantly, some posters here have been been petty enough to cast big, negative aspersions on this guy after one incident and no repeats, and that is highly unfair. No one has any idea what he's going to be like as a player and as a man than the scouts at the Bills. As Bills fans, we have given our players the benefit of the doubt historically as a rule and have benefited greatly by it. That is, unless you don't like the 20 mostly Pro-Bowl players that were given second chances here; that have been listed over and over again(James Lofton, etc.) ad nauseum on this board.

Look, if you are having a bad day, pissed at somebody, whatever, I don't care, it's not OK to take it out on this kid. That's no way to welcome him to our town and then turn around and ask him to go out there and win for us, especially going over the middle and taking shots. Of course we'll get to hear the bitching if he doesn't get 1000 yards and 30 TDs. However, this BS is exactly how you ensure this kid ends up with a Terrell Owens attitude if he does get those numbers.

This kid has had nobody in his life and had to raise himself. I think it's high time we start supporting a kid who started life at -20 and found a way to get to 10. That's a hell of a lot more movement in terms of achievement than most people can claim, we need to recognize that, and start out celebrating that and encouraging him, not constantly demonstrating how petty we can be. I am not saying kiss his ass or give him a pass for bad play. I am saying if you have nothing nice to say, and nothing factual other than what happened 2 years ago and was resolved, then it's probably better to say nothing.

And of course, I fully expect dumb-ass WGR to keep running their mouths about this, since they "don't know the draft" what the hell else are they going to talk about? It's our job either challenge them on this or ignore them, not feed into it, especially when they start acting like Hardy is Britney Spears.

Edit: looking back on this it might be a little harsh, but I have been reading, watching, hearing this "character" thing and it's like Marshawn Lynch all over again.

Just tell him to go to the end zone, turn around like he is going to box out his defender, and throw him a jump ball 3 times in the red zone...

I'll take my chances on throwing to a 6' 6" WR vs. a 5'10" CB every time, especially when the WR has played basketball and knows how to box out effectively...

What would be an acceptable level of performance from Hardy? When I read "bust" it makes me think the guy will be on the bench most of the time, out with a paper cut, and when he does see any action, he runs the wrong routes and drops every other pass. On the other hand, I think expecting Hardy (who according to many scouting reports has many defects to his game; correctable, yes, but he is a work in progress) to come in and become a starter, the #1B receiver, and post 100 catches; well, those aren't terribly realistic expectations either.

One of the best WRs the Bills ever had, Eric Moulds, took several years to get on the field and deliver consistent production. Are people expecting Hardy, who is less polished than Moulds was, to do significantly better?