Draft has turned to bust

Mopreme

First day picks were goof. Got the best corner and a great second receiver (in the mold of Burress) to compliment Evans. I'm still very disappointed they didn't draft up to secure Fred Davis or Bennett from Texas A&M, true receiving tight ends.

Second day drafting is a complete disaster. All they got are either special teams players or cuts. Every year they draft players in the later rounds to fill backup spots or special teams. They should be drafting players that aleast have a chance to start. esp. in rounds 3 and 4. It's the same old story every year. Why another small cornerback in the 4th? Why another hardworking blocking tightend with limited receiving skills? Don't the Bills have enough of both types of players? And then a project running back? Look what the Patriots do? They get another 2nd round pick next year, secure a top rated passer in the 3rd round and draft solid defensive players. This is why the Bills will never be able to compete!

Awesome! Another moronic post in the mold of all the others I've seen in the past few hours. If you have this uncanny ability to already gauge that these players will be "special teams players or cuts," what the !@#$ are you doing on a message board? And another point genius, the Patriots secure another top rated passer in the 3rd....what for?!? You're arguing that the Bills aren't getting starters, but it's OK for the Pats to get someone who won't see the field for 10 years. Hypocrisy is a B word.

Second day drafting is a complete disaster. All they got are either special teams players or cuts. Every year they draft players in the later rounds to fill backup spots or special teams...

Name me one, just one, NFL team that is drafting for players to come in and start this year in the 3rd or 4th round? After the first couple of rounds, you are drafting for depth and project players. If they were starter material right now, they would be drafyed in the 1st or second.

First day picks were goof.

They were goof? OK.

I'm still very disappointed they didn't draft up to secure Fred Davis or Bennett from Texas A&M, true receiving tight ends.

Because these guys are next coming of Kellen Winslow Sr.?

They should be drafting players that aleast have a chance to start. esp. in rounds 3 and 4.

Great idea. Please call Ralph and inform him of that.

Look what the Patriots do? They get another 2nd round pick next year, secure a top rated passer in the 3rd round and draft solid defensive players.

Last year we "secured a top rated passer in the 3rd round" and I'll bet you complained about it.

Second day drafting is a complete disaster. All they got are either special teams players or cuts. Every year they draft players in the later rounds to fill backup spots or special teams. They should be drafting players that aleast have a chance to start. esp. in rounds 3 and 4. It's the same old story every year. Why another small cornerback in the 4th? Why another hardworking blocking tightend with limited receiving skills? Don't the Bills have enough of both types of players? And then a project running back? Look what the Patriots do? They get another 2nd round pick next year, secure a top rated passer in the 3rd round and draft solid defensive players. This is why the Bills will never be able to compete!

These guys haven't even played a down yet and you've already decided they're busts.

Ridiculous. Amazing how many people like you there are. Just when you think there are only five or six, you see ten more.

There's a reason you're not a paid scout. Let the professionals do their work and try try try to keep your self image in check.

These guys haven't even played a down yet and you've already decided they're busts.

Ridiculous. Amazing how many people like you there are. Just when you think there are only five or six, you see ten more.

There's a reason you're not a paid scout. Let the professionals do their work and try try try to keep your self image in check.

:lol: LMAO

With every post, the collective IQ around here gets lower. The signal to noise ratio is horrible. I agree, the morons here are amazing.

Second day drafting is a complete disaster. All they got are either special teams players or cuts.

What a joke. How do you know this? You've been scouting Alvin Bowen? You've been watching Corner's tapes for weeks? Based on you internet message board experience you know that Omon can't hack it...

I think this board is underestimating Ellis, Bowen and Corner. I am excited about the potential in this group which is all you can ask for in those rounds. And X-man will be the FB of the future.

I agree very much

First day picks were goof. Got the best corner and a great second receiver (in the mold of Burress) to compliment Evans. I'm still very disappointed they didn't draft up to secure Fred Davis or Bennett from Texas A&M, true receiving tight ends.

So true. And to these clowns who are bashing this: Who's been more successful our front office or the Pats? Which team has been doing better lately?

I know, I know, there'll be some jerk off saying "Then go be a Pats fan". It's comedy.

Who knows what these players are going to turn out to be; but I too am a little baffled at some of our position selections in each respective round. I know nothing about Fine, but it seems we have been drafting mid to late round TE's fairly consistently recently and havent hit yet. RB that early kind of surprised me as well....with ML, Freddie and DW I'm a little surprised we drafted this guy unless he's being considered a full back (would have rather seen a true FB - Schmidt) if that is the case. Corner was a little surprising, seems he could be in the same mold as kiwakee thomas we just cut.

Again who knows how these guys will turn out, but when we drafted was a little confusing. interested to hear front office post draft press conferences.

So true. And to these clowns who are bashing this: Who's been more successful our front office or the Pats? Which team has been doing better lately?

I know, I know, there'll be some jerk off saying "Then go be a Pats fan". It's comedy.

If you liked the Patriots you would be crying about Mayo being taken so high, or O'Connell being picked in the 3rd.

You hit everyone don't you? Make a comment about the Bills for once and keep the insults to yourself. Can you?

I don't know how he could resist. The idiocy is such an easy target.

You hit everyone don't you? Make a comment about the Bills for once and keep the insults to yourself. Can you?

As an organization, the Pats have done a better job than everybody else, at finding players that fit their system, coaching them, and winning games. But if you want to compare recent drafts, take a look at their draft last year.

Jesus, BB, can you enjoy yourself for TEN MINUTES? FIVE?

Chris Ellis (the Bills' third round pick) has the potential to make a significant contribution to the defense. Taking him was a calculated risk; but if it pays off, he should noticeably strengthen the Bills' pass rush.

The Corner pick puzzles me: the Bills would have had a strong set of dime CBs even without him: McKelvin, McGee, Greer, and James. James is 6'0", 200 pounds, and is in his 8th year in the league--maybe they're thinking of moving him to safety; with Corner becoming the dime back. Whatever their plans might be, the Corner pick looks like it was intended for depth.

Typically, picks in the 4th - 7th rounds contribute very little to a team's roster, and leave/are released after a few years (if that). The Bills have lost significant special teams talent. They probably decided it made more sense to try and succeed at restocking the special teams players with the rounds 4 - 7 picks, as opposed to trying and failing to find starter-quality players. Besides that, there seem to have been a few attempts to find "sleeper" picks in the later rounds, such as WR Steve Johnson (7th round).

Look what the Patriots do? They get another 2nd round pick next year, secure a top rated passer in the 3rd round and draft solid defensive players. This is why the Bills will never be able to compete!

OH sh--!! NOT A TOP RATED PASSER FOR THE PATRIOTS. Fear the Vaunted Double QB Offense!@!@ :beer:

If you are looking for starters after the 4th round, that usually means you have a terrible team. Sure there are a few exceptions but for the most part they are just someone for the starters to hit during training camp.