Mayock just said the Bills are having a solid draft

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, one of the guys with Mayock (Charles?) talked about being at the game when Akron took on Ohio Sate and he was absolutely impressed with corner and believes he will be a solid player in the league. I love getting real analysis instead of a couple of lame jokes about his name on ESPN.

I'd have no problem with the picks if we weren't so thin along the Offensive and Defensive lines.

What if Peters goes down again? What then?Same goes for Stroud.

In order for us to be successful next year we are going to have to pray the lines stay healthy.

Amen to that.

I'm not miserable. I am ok with the draft thus far(Especially Hardy, and Ellis)but we all saw what happened when Peters went down last year. I think the same can be said for Stroud if he gets injured.

I would've liked to see us address depth on the lines in round 4-7. But obviously TBD thought differently and I hope it doesn't come back to bite us in the ass.

We still have 3 more picks

I just replied in another post that of Mayock's top 100 prospects, 90 went in the top 100.
really? That would be an absolutely incredible feat.

FSU LB Geno Hayes was just selected in the 6th by Tampa Bay. All 100 have now been taken.

Get Directv and problem solved. If you have an HD tv, you are foolish to keep cable.

Except that cable has twice as many HD channels (at least in my area) and their customer service folks actually show up when you make an appointment for them and take the day off of work to let them in. I had that happen to me not once, but twice, with DirecTV--making appointments and then just not showing up. Incredible, but true. The absolute worst customer service I've ever seen. They know they have a monopoly on the Sunday ticket, so they have no need for customer service--responding economically rationally like any good monopoly would. Congress needs to get the NFL to offer the ticket on cable, full, end stop.

Why the hell is it that we can't draft Will Wolford and Bruce Smith each year?

WTF?

Disgusting, that's what it is - disgusting!

When will this front office ever learn? Maybe they should get Harry Potter in the front office and he would whip up some players out of thin air. That might be satisfactory... perhaps.

i just wish the bills would have gotten owen schmitt with the second 4th. i do not like that pick.

I thought about that too, but too many FBs can be gotten as UDFAs and we have too many holes. Schmit is a tough player, looks like a good blocker, but we can get that guy after the draft. Maybe they are just really high on darian barnes as the FB. I'd like to see Mike Cox from GT get a camp invite though.

Not to mention that over the course of the last two seasons, Buffalo has spent 110 mil on bringing in relatively young, highly sought after talent to bolster both the offensive and defensive lines. To say that the team has neglected this need is a bit inaccurate. Not to mention the 75 mil they then gave to Schobel and Kelsay. They have spent a lot of money on the lines.

The Bills were nearly last in both offense and defense last year. The winning teams dominate the line of scrimmage.

How many sacks will Schobel and Kelsay get this year combined? Maybe 12?

As a matter of comparison, JAX drafted the top two DE's in this year's draft and I believe this will make their CB's a whole lot better. The Bills need to draft CB's to cover for their weak pass rushing DE's. I guess it's just a different philosophy.

I would build the best lines possible before I filled in the small guys. I am tired of watching the Bills lines get abused.

Additionally, I wonder when the Bills will ever take the TE position seriously. Jeez, nothing but castoffs and fringe players.

Every single team in the NFL is in trouble if their best o-lineman goes down (IE Orlando Pace). We needed a few impact players before depth on the o-line. Every team prays they stay healthy because if they don't they're in trouble...welcome to the salary cap age. It is beyond ridiculous that people are not happy with this draft especially since you CANNOT grade a draft the day it ends it takes a few years at least. So everyone shut up and realize we've got what could be a shutdown corner and a great WR prospect.

The Bills were nearly last in both offense and defense last year. The winning teams dominate the line of scrimmage.

How many sacks will Schobel and Kelsay get this year combined? Maybe 12?

As a matter of comparison, JAX drafted the top two DE's in this year's draft and I believe this will make their CB's a whole lot better. The Bills need to draft CB's to cover for their weak pass rushing DE's. I guess it's just a different philosophy.

I would build the best lines possible before I filled in the small guys. I am tired of watching the Bills lines get abused.

Additionally, I wonder when the Bills will ever take the TE position seriously. Jeez, nothing but castoffs and fringe players.

We don't know how good our DEs can be because they have never played with a legit DT now they have Stroud and an emerging McCargo. But please feel free to leap off that ledge.

Every single team in the NFL is in trouble if their best o-lineman goes down (IE Orlando Pace). We needed a few impact players before depth on the o-line. Every team prays they stay healthy because if they don't they're in trouble...welcome to the salary cap age. It is beyond ridiculous that people are not happy with this draft especially since you CANNOT grade a draft the day it ends it takes a few years at least. So everyone shut up and realize we've got what could be a shutdown corner and a great WR prospect.

If this wasn't so damn long, I'de have a new sig. Nice post :thumbsup:

Why the hell is it that we can't draft Will Wolford and Bruce Smith each year?

WTF?

Disgusting, that's what it is - disgusting!

When will this front office ever learn? Maybe they should get Harry Potter in the front office and he would whip up some players out of thin air. That might be satisfactory... perhaps.

Why is criticism an all or nothing proposition around here?? There were solid O-line depth guys in rounds 3-5 that the Bills passed on. They'll need a magic wand if Peters or Dockery go down for any length of time, unless you think Duke Preston's taken polyjuice potion this off season....

Bowen will be excellent. No need for Coy Wire when you have Alvin Bowen flying around out there.

No need for Coy Wire Ever