1st Round Selection: CB Leodis McKelvin - Troy, 11th pick overall

SDS

For those that hate this pick... who else would you have taken at 11? I can only think of Albert as a real alternative. Seeing as how our starters on the Oline are pretty good, I can understand not placing as high a priority on Albert (although it wouldn't have upset me at all if we got him). So who else do you select? We got the WR we needed. So what's the big deal?

What he said. <_<

Does he start from Week One, and if so, who does he bump? I think he takes McGee's starting job.And instead of McKelvin racking up the highlight reels, we will see McGee a lot more returning KOs for TDs and punts, too.

I know this team had the 30th ranked defense.

I know this team has routinely taken CB's in the 1st round (Winfield, Clements, Whitner, McKelvin) and where has that got them???

Ohhhh yeah, no playoff appearences in 8 SEASONS

its not too hard to figure out, you need to take big bodies with your 1st round pick; O or D line

If this team want to effectively run the Cover 2, they need ot consistent pressure with their front 4. Ohhh yeah, the bills had only 26 sacks last season which was 2nd to last.

You sheep can keep gloating over this pick all you want

Maybe we can pick 5'9" corner with our 5th overall selection next season....

When they *had* two first round CBs starting for them, they had the #2 defense overall. Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant, however ...

I know this team had the 30th ranked defense.

I know this team has routinely taken CB's in the 1st round (Winfield, Clements, Whitner, McKelvin) and where has that got them???

Ohhhh yeah, no playoff appearences in 8 SEASONS

its not too hard to figure out, you need to take big bodies with your 1st round pick; O or D line

If this team want to effectively run the Cover 2, they need ot consistent pressure with their front 4. Ohhh yeah, the bills had only 26 sacks last season which was 2nd to last.

You sheep can keep gloating over this pick all you want

Maybe we can pick 5'9" corner with our 5th overall selection next season....

The currenr front office and coaching staff hasn't been here for those 8 years.

With Roscoe and McGee still on the team, I would rather McKelvin spend all his time learning CB rather than dealing with special teams right now. I don't think he would be that much of an improvement over either of our current starters that would level out the extra time he could spend looking at film and doing CB drills (Like learning how to catch interceptions... :beer: )