1st Round Selection: CB Leodis McKelvin - Troy, 11th pick overall

SDS

WTF are people complaining about

- He wasn't supposed to be there at 11

- He is the best cb in the draft

- Biggest point....LOOK AT WHAT TEAMS ARE GETTING IN THE TRADE DOWN...not much even at the early 1st round picks

- WE DID NOT REACH which was one of the biggest concerns

- He is a playmaker

Lets see what they do for the WR and TE spots now....I suspect a trade up.

Exactly, John. See my post above. This was a GREAT pick by the Bills!

Terrible pick.

Ohh great, another 5'10" corner who didn't even play against top competition.

We play the Cover 2 for Christ's sake!!!!!!

Why are we wasting one of the most valuable picks in the draft on another midget corner. This team really blows my mind.

Reach for Whitner at 8 and now this??? No wonder we haven't been to the playoffs in 8 seasons, make that 9 now...

What a horrible dissappointment this first pick is.

Don't embarrass yourself. As if YOU know more about our defensive needs relative to scheme than the Bills staff and scouts.

PLEASE!

This guy was the #1 corner on most draft boards.

Don't give up your day job

i agree this is a need. You always need 3 corners around, and now we have them in McKelvin, Greer, and McGee. There hasn't been a WR taken yet, so there is a good chance one will be left at the Bills pick in the 2nd, or at least late in the 1st where we won't have to give up much to move up. I like the pick, take a WR with the 2nd, and its a good first day.

Terrible pick.

Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State (6-4, 220): 3 catches - 30 yards; McKelvin caused a fumble and drew two holding penalties. Bowman's 30 yard were the most any WR gained against McKelvin in 2007.

Andre Caldwell, Florida (6-0, 198): 1 catch - 8 yards. McKelvin also caused a fumble that he recovered to set up a Troy FG.

Didn't know if you wanted the long bio in this thread, Scott, but aight. :w00t:

McKelvin sounds like a playmaker, and I'm all right with that, too, even if I was in the trade-down camp.

I don't know about others but I'd love to see a bio on each pick if you'll be willing to do it. :D

We need a head-exploding smiley. S'pose this :wallbash: will have to do for now.

Deep breaths, Bill. Serenity now...

On a Bengals board they have a smiley that shoots itself in the mouth and blows it's brains out. :lol:

As far as the pick goes, don't love it, don't hate it. Now Jordy Nelson in RD. 2. :thumbsup:

Terrible pick.

We play the Cover 2 for Christ's sake!!!!!!

Why are we wasting one of the most valuable picks in the draft on another midget corner. This team really blows my mind.

Reach for Whitner at 8 and now this??? No wonder we haven't been to the playoffs in 8 seasons, make that 9 now...

What a horrible dissappointment this first pick is.

He is a tough corner and Moss does not like to play against tough guys. He will be able to keep Moss inside Moss hates to go over the middle and now with changing our Free safety they will be able to do what the Giants did force him over the middle and hit him hard. They had New England in mind when they drafted him.

I know this team had the 30th ranked defense.

I know this team has routinely taken CB's in the 1st round (Winfield, Clements, Whitner, McKelvin) and where has that got them???

Ohhhh yeah, no playoff appearences in 8 SEASONS

its not too hard to figure out, you need to take big bodies with your 1st round pick; O or D line

If this team want to effectively run the Cover 2, they need ot consistent pressure with their front 4. Ohhh yeah, the bills had only 26 sacks last season which was 2nd to last.

You sheep can keep gloating over this pick all you want

Maybe we can pick 5'9" corner with our 5th overall selection next season....

I like this pick. I think Thomas might have been a reach at pick 11. McKelvin is fast, strong, and pretty big (for CB standards). I think this is a really good pick for us. The WR situation still needs to be addressed, however, I wouldn't be surprised if Buffalo trades back into the first round with say Dallas or someone and picks Thomas or Sweed.

the guys here who just think corners aren't football players really must be touched.

mcgee can do great against teams' 2nd guy. mckelvin is a friggen stud, number one guy in the draft in the secondary. troy played a monster schedule and mckelvin dominated.

16th game, pats at bills. that game could decide who wins the division, and will be huge for us. we now have a guy who might be able to cover moss.

we've got friggen studs all over our D now.

Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State (6-4, 220): 3 catches - 30 yards; McKelvin caused a fumble and drew two holding penalties. Bowman's 30 yard were the most any WR gained against McKelvin in 2007.

Andre Caldwell, Florida (6-0, 198): 1 catch - 8 yards. McKelvin also caused a fumble that he recovered to set up a Troy FG.

The very definition of 'shut down.'

Pick looks good from where I'm standing.

GO BILLS!!!