OFFICIAL: 3pm is here 2008 Draft Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope he stays on track because he only has one WR being picked in Round 1 (Thomas). That would leave plenty for the Bills in Rd 2.

That was before Pacman was aquired by Dallas. They will now take a WR with 1 of their 2 first rounders.

PFW's take on the pick:

11. Buffalo — CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy

The Bills' secondary took a big hit when Nate Clements departed a year ago. McKelvin is extremely athletic with great feet and burst and should be able to lock down the big receivers that play in the AFC East the way he did Calvin Johnson earlier in his career. Questions about his intelligence should not be an issue in a very simple defense and when his dynamic return ability is considered, he could bring tremendous value at this spot.

PFW's take on the pick:

11. Buffalo — CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy

The Bills' secondary took a big hit when Nate Clements departed a year ago. McKelvin is extremely athletic with great feet and burst and should be able to lock down the big receivers that play in the AFC East the way he did Calvin Johnson earlier in his career. Questions about his intelligence should not be an issue in a very simple defense and when his dynamic return ability is considered, he could bring tremendous value at this spot.

See people....GREAT pick!

A 5'`10" corner said to have "poor ball skills" at # 11, huh?

The most important thing I can say is that I love the Bills. As a Bills Fan I am relagated to riding a horse on the merry go-round of losing. That is a fact, but at least the other riders are the best fans of any team in any sport. :D

Besides, at least now it will be easy to find a "play date" for little Roscoe Parrish. :w00t:

Now, on to a 2nd, or at the latest. 3rd round safety. :thumbsup:

From the front office interviews over on the official Bills site, I think it more likely we trade back down into the second to get a top TE. I think now they see 4 or 5 bg receivers about the same and expect one to fall to them.

I am glad that some of you now appreciate how good Mayock is. Those of us who have been watching him on the NFL Network the past few years have been singing his praises for some time.

The guy knows football.

I like the pick. I like the value at 11, a player at a position of great need, and a chance to take the top rated corner on your board. Not a flashy choice, but definitely a solid pick that shores up a major hole inthe dyke.

McKelvin is definitely a good value pick, but I am bummed in that being a future is now kind of guy rather than in making a pick for the future (I hope folks do not seriously think that a rookie CB is the key for dealing with vets like Welker/Moss) I had hoped we would trade down, pick up more value (this team is simply not talented enough to go deep in the playoffs yet) and fill some major needs on offense.

The irony of this is that with the way the Bills use the CB, we likely could have improved the production of our defensive pass pro by getting some receiving help that would stop us from going three and out so much.

The big deal here is that the draft ain't over yet because we still have a lot of work to do after this value pick.