OFFICIAL: 3pm is here 2008 Draft Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i sure hope thomas or at least kelly are available with our 2nd round pick. big gamble taking a CB # 11 when you have one of the worst pass offenses in the league and all your FA moves have been on defense

They'd better have a plan and a good bit of luck, that's for sure. I don't see a quality WR prospect falling to #41 this year, at least not one that'll actually beat out Reed or Parrish.

Hey guys.....I know that a lot of you are not thrilled with the McKelvin pick, but don't fret yet!

First of all, we just got the BEST CB in the draft.

Secondly, there are about 6 WRs in this draft that are ALMOST THE SAME.

The Bills have a WR in mind that they want. I think there is a chance that they really want Sweed and they believe that he will be on the board until late in the first round and I believe they will trade up to get him if he is their guy.

After it is said and done today, not only will the Bills grab the BEST CB in the draft, but one of the top 2 or 3 WRs in the draft. Keep in mind, again, that the WRs in this draft are on a pretty equal level. We will be VERY HAPPY at the end of the day.

no trade ups Brandon...

I think that a trade up is probably their plan. These early trades haven't been particularly costly and the Bills may feel they stand a good chance of moving up a bit later on to get a player they really like.

Hell, they could still get Devin Thomas, if he's the WR they really want.

Hey guys.....I know that a lot of you are not thrilled with the McKelvin pick, but don't fret yet!

The Bills have a WR in mind that they want. I think there is a chance that they really want Sweed and they believe that he will be on the board until late in the first round and I believe they will trade up to get him if he is their guy.

After it is said and done today, not only will the Bills grab the BEST CB in the draft, but one of the top 2 or 3 WRs in the draft. Keep in mind, again, that the WRs in this draft are on a pretty equal level. We will be VERY HAPPY at the end of the day.

Yeah. I love the pick. If we get Thomas, Sweed, Kelly, or Hardy. We'll have come away with an AWESOME draft.

i agree duder.

there are 2 or 3 more qbs, 2 more RBs, 3 more O linemen, maybe 3 more CBs who will all go before the 2nd or 3rd wr is gone.

imo we played this well and migth have our guy fall to us in the 2nd.

They'd better have a plan and a good bit of luck, that's for sure. I don't see a quality WR prospect falling to #41 this year, at least not one that'll actually beat out Reed or Parrish.

You know, it's just like the ESPN crew talked about during the Jax pick. To win in the AFC you have to be able to stop teams like NE and Indy. Without an excellent defense it doesn't matter what we score, those guys will always pull their teams through. Obviously we need to score also, and I have my worries about the 2nd round WR talent, but I had the same worries about CB's in the second round. I think it was a coin toss, and we really did get an excellent CB.

I don't think many people a fretting. Most of us love this pick. The depth at CB in this draft in not a great as WR. We got a steal. The Pats* should have had him. This will be a brilliant pick.