Losman on the block

Losman On The Block?...ProFootballWeekly.com reports contrary to a report out of Buffalo this week that quoted Bills chief operating officer Russ Brandon as saying, “We anticipate (J.P. Losman) being on this team,” we hear that the Bills’ quarterback is very much on the trading block.... Losman asked to be traded after last season following his demotion behind Trent Edwards, but thus far, the Bills haven’t received many inquiries from other teams....Still, the Bills hold out hope that they can work out a deal for him either over draft weekend or shortly thereafter. “Russ was simply giving the party-line answer,” said a source close to Brandon....“He’s just covering his bases in the event they don’t get a reasonable offer.” The general feeling is that a third or fourth-round draft pick either in next week’s draft if they get the deal done soon, or in the ’09 draft if it’s worked out later , is the least amount of compensation the Bills would be willing to accept...In the event Buffalo fails to see that kind of offer, Losman would remain with the club as the second-string QB rather than being cut. Link

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2008draftnews.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5th rounder

Losman

to KC for

2nd rounder

Huard

Both QB's would be better off in the other team's system.

Bills could then package their third and second to sneak back into the 1st

We end up with a WR, CB and TE all between #17 and #35, and we get an experienced veteran backup QB who isn't making crazy money ($2.5 million).

Every need ends up filled, still have two 4th round picks, a 6th and two 7ths to find a little depth.

It makes too much sense.

5th rounder

Losman

to KC for

2nd rounder

Huard

Both QB's would be better off in the other team's system.

Bills could then package their third and second to sneak back into the 1st

We end up with a WR, CB and TE all between #17 and #35, and we get an experienced veteran backup QB who isn't making crazy money ($2.5 million).

Every need ends up filled, still have two 4th round picks, a 6th and two 7ths to find a little depth.

It makes too much sense.

Huard fits our system?

What kind of gloves does he wear?

Losman On The Block?...ProFootballWeekly.com reports contrary to a report out of Buffalo this week that quoted Bills chief operating officer Russ Brandon as saying, “We anticipate (J.P. Losman) being on this team,” we hear that the Bills’ quarterback is very much on the trading block.... Losman asked to be traded after last season following his demotion behind Trent Edwards, but thus far, the Bills haven’t received many inquiries from other teams....Still, the Bills hold out hope that they can work out a deal for him either over draft weekend or shortly thereafter. “Russ was simply giving the party-line answer,” said a source close to Brandon....“He’s just covering his bases in the event they don’t get a reasonable offer.” The general feeling is that a third or fourth-round draft pick either in next week’s draft if they get the deal done soon, or in the ’09 draft if it’s worked out later , is the least amount of compensation the Bills would be willing to accept...In the event Buffalo fails to see that kind of offer, Losman would remain with the club as the second-string QB rather than being cut. Link

giving away Losman for anything less than a high #2 is just plain stupid and a waste of resources.

they will create anoher huge hole in the roster which they will overspend to try to fill with a rookie QB.

if this deal goes down, you can be sure that someone in the front office is on the treadmill to nowwhere wondering why the scenery does not change.

Teams are usually more willing to give up higher future draft picks than they are present draft picks. So it's not out of the question that Buffalo could get a third rounder in next years draft for him.

giving away Losman for anything less than a high #2 is just plain stupid and a waste of resources.

they will create anoher huge hole in the roster which they will overspend to try to fill with a rookie QB.

if this deal goes down, you can be sure that someone in the front office is on the treadmill to nowwhere wondering why the scenery does not change.

I think the front office knows what they're doing. Why do you assume it would be a rookie?

Totally agree. Who are you going to replace him with? Why trade him and get someone of questionable or less value. I feel we keep him this year and see what happens with both him and Edwards. last time I looked, the Bills 'O" was 31st in the league. edwards also still has to prove himself, although I think he will. Time will tell...

Teams are usually more willing to give up higher future draft picks than they are present draft picks. So it's not out of the question that Buffalo could get a third rounder in next years draft for him.

I think the front office knows what they're doing. Why do you assume it would be a rookie?

maybe because there are no free agents available that would help.

even better to waste more picks on trading for a backup worse than JP.

Who in the world is gonna offer a high #2 for Losman???

I agree it's great to have an experienced backup such as JP and I won't give him away for less than a 4th if there is another backup option. But if someone stupidly dangles a 3rd for him, you gotta jump all over it.

I agree it's great to have an experienced backup such as JP and I won't give him away for less than a 4th if there is another backup option. But if someone stupidly dangles a 3rd for him, you gotta jump all over it.

I would keep him unless the Bills were offered a 2nd or a 3rd this year & a 3rd next year like they got for Willis.

Is that really news? Where have you been this offseason?

lol

cereal dude, i wish the guy on this board were a gm FOR AN OTHER TEAM. they'd trade the whole draft for jp

NO DON'T TRADE JP, HE'S ONLY BEEN IN THE LEAGUE 4 YEARS, HE WAS HURT FOR HIS FIRST YEAR. OH POOR JP, HE'S THE GREATEST EVER BUT WAS JERKED AROUND BY OUR BAD BAD BAD TEAM. HE LOST HIS JOB BUT IT WASN'T HIS FAULT. HE'S JUST A ROOKIE, WE DON'T KNOW IF HE'S GOOD YET. HE'LL BE BRETT FAVRE ON ANOTHER TEAM, NOOOOO DON'T TRADE HIM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sorry, but I am calling BS on this 'news'. I went to PFW and cannot find an article talking about this. The source close to Brandon is probably Soprano4657 (or whatever his devil number was). All of the above sounds like idle speculation.

lol

cereal dude, i wish the guy on this board were a gm FOR AN OTHER TEAM. they'd trade the whole draft for jp

NO DON'T TRADE JP, HE'S ONLY BEEN IN THE LEAGUE 4 YEARS, HE WAS HURT FOR HIS FIRST YEAR. OH POOR JP, HE'S THE GREATEST EVER BUT WAS JERKED AROUND BY OUR BAD BAD BAD TEAM. HE LOST HIS JOB BUT IT WASN'T HIS FAULT. HE'S JUST A ROOKIE, WE DON'T KNOW IF HE'S GOOD YET. HE'LL BE BRETT FAVRE ON ANOTHER TEAM, NOOOOO DON'T TRADE HIM NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ditto. The sooner we get rid of JP the better. The guy won't be in the league within two years.

Ditto. The sooner we get rid of JP the better. The guy won't be in the league within two years.

WE'LL NEVER KNOW, HE HAS SO MUCH UPSIDE, HE HAD SOME GOOD GAMES IN 06, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

lol

4 real, i REALLY want him to be on kc or some such team and play us. aaron (who gets lambasted around here) would be able to get revenge for all the good games our D played while JP just laid eggs out there.

Totally agree. Who are you going to replace him with? Why trade him and get someone of questionable or less value. I feel we keep him this year and see what happens with both him and Edwards. last time I looked, the Bills 'O" was 31st in the league. edwards also still has to prove himself, although I think he will. Time will tell...

and JP is not questionable?

Sorry, but I am calling BS on this 'news'. I went to PFW and cannot find an article talking about this. The source close to Brandon is probably Soprano4657 (or whatever his devil number was). All of the above sounds like idle speculation.

no, the article is legit, it was published the same week Brandon made his remarks, here's the link on the Bills page.

“Russ was simply giving the party-line answer,” said a source close to Brandon. “He’s just covering his bases in the event they don’t get a reasonable offer.” The general feeling is that a third- or fourth-round draft pick — either in next week’s draft if they get the deal done soon, or ...

The way this is worded leaves me to believe that the 3rd or 4th pick is not necessarily what the source said and more like conjecture on the part of the reporter, because they would have credited whomever he/she heard that from.

This is should be a d'oh. Of course they will entertain serious offers and trade him if they can get what they think he's worth AND can get a reasonable backup QB as well. If they don't, he's here for 2008 and then he walks. This was always the case and not big news.

Now let's argue over keeping him as a backup at his current salary, him knowing the offense (as much that carries over from last year) and getting nothing as he becomes an UFA next season, or is he worth a 3rd, 4th or less, and then trying to find a veteran backup to replace him?

lol

Are you able to have a rational 'discussion'? Cause I don't think C.Bis was out of line.

You want him gone without regard to what pick you receive?

Who is your #2 QB then?

It really comes down to value doesn't it?

How are you going to gat a high 2 for a guy who has accomplished basically...nothing. If they offer us a four, run with it. Personally, I don't think he's worth a four.