Shockey 2 Buffalo

Frez

Would love to see the Buffalo Bills pick up Jeremy Shockey from the NY Giants. He would be an excellent addition to our slouching offense. In my honest opinion he would be a great SPARK to our offense. What a weapon he would be for Trent Edwards.

Get er DONE!

http://www.nj.com/giants/ledger/index.ssf?....xml&coll=1

Drops a LOT of catchable passes, injury problems, deep at TE in this years draft, expensive, Giants won the super bowl after he got injured (again), Drew Rosenhouse is his agent, shows up his QB (we have a 2nd year QB BTW) Do I need to go on?

biggest question is, what would you be willing to give up for him.

I am not too high on him after reading that he complains about blocking too much. As for his injuries, he was injured a lot when he was primarily used as a receiving TE.

Drops a LOT of catchable passes, injury problems, deep at TE in this years draft, expensive, Giants won the super bowl after he got injured (again), Drew Rosenhouse is his agent, shows up his QB (we have a 2nd year QB BTW) Do I need to go on?

Not only that he might have just past his prime. Compared to the year before and last season, he did not look the same despite the injury.

NOT expensive, he is scheduled for a base salary of 1.9 this year. Come on guys, don't just speculate stuff when you post, look it up

NOT expensive, he is scheduled for a base salary of 1.9 this year. Come on guys, don't just speculate stuff when you post, look it up

If you think he's going to accept being traded away from the super bowl champs to a team that hasn't made the playoffs in a decade (not to mention his agent is Rosenhouse) and not ask for an extension, you're nuts.

All good reasons to get him! And I've heard of him!

PTR

I actually could get on board with this. Shockey may be a bit of a wild card, but not as bad as some of you are saying. He's a super-talented player who is very passionate. He just wants to win.

If we can get him for a third and fifth round pick, I say do it. I mean get er done.

I love the attitude Shockey brings to the field and yes id love to have him on this team......

He is a dlck.

He is from "The U" (no, I don't need a list of the "good" guys from Miami).

The Giants didn't even want him around because he was causing problems, and that was obviously the right choice.

There are also injury questions, and a drop off in play.

I would rather the Bills gave the playing time to a develop a draftee.

OMFG! I've heard of him! Git 'r dun!

;)

Seriously, why would somebody want to be traded off the team that just won the Super Bowl?

Because he was not instrumental in said SB? It must have been very painful for him to watch the playoff run made by his team culminating in the SB victory. Boss had a nice stretch and though I'd expect know one to speak publicly, I'd have to believe he's looked at as expendable. Afterall, he was not needed to win a championship, right?

If the right offer came around, I think the Gints pull the trigger. With his injury history, I don't think it would cost all that much to get him, IMO.

I'm not saying we'd make a play for him, or that he's even worth dealing for/with, but it could be done.

just what the bills need...............a loudmouthed punk who trains on his own in miami and calls out his quarterback.we also need a tightend that gets hurt every year? i think not...this guy is all about himself and nothing about the team.................just say no!go bills!

This is a no-brainer. If we can get him for a third round pick or less then I would do it. This draft is NOT deep at TE (contrary to a prior poster). He would supply a vertical threat in the middle, causing the safeties to remain honest. Thus, they could not cheat to Evan's side.

Despite the posts to the contrary, teamates loved loved him and he brings attitude to the team. Our offense needs some of that.

Forget Chad Johnson - an athletic TE would solve a lot of problems.

Yeah, the pass rush really picked it up when Shockey went down.

:lol:

lol of course. And you know Shockey was so terrible, that before he got injured he was the giants leading receiver. Obviously his play was slipping, and the giants were a much better team without him. Who needs a te that averages over 60 receptions and 700 yards a season. Wn the Bills have Robert Royal, and scrubs who either weren't in the league, or bounced around between 4 different teams. Yeah Shockey is a loud mouth, but sans Jason Witten, there might not be a better "All Around" te in the game.

TRADE FOR SHOCKEY!!!

NYG Gets:

1RD Pick (#11)

BUF Gets:

1RD Pick (#31)

3RD Pick (#95)

TE Jeremy Shockey

Actually, the way I see it going down will really make headlines:

First, the Bills swap first round picks with the Iggles for Lito Sheppard. Then the Bills swap that pick with the Jints for Shockey. Then the Bills select James Hardy at #31. So as the first round opens, the Bills have three new solid players in their biggest need spots -- and didn't give up a single extra pick to do so.

TRADE FOR SHOCKEY!!!

NYG Gets:

1RD Pick (#11)

BUF Gets:

1RD Pick (#31)

3RD Pick (#95)

TE Jeremy Shockey

Why give up the #11 pick....Why not trade him for the extra 3rd rounder that we have which we would use to pick a TE.

I want the bills to draft a TE in the 2nd round. IF they can trade that 2nd rounder for Shockey, then im all for it.

Though the Giants would be insaine to first let him go, and then again to let him go for anything less than a mid 1st round pick.

Actually, the way I see it going down will really make headlines:

First, the Bills swap first round picks with the Iggles for Lito Sheppard. Then the Bills swap that pick with the Jints for Shockey. Then the Bills select James Hardy at #31. So as the first round opens, the Bills have three new solid players in their biggest need spots -- and didn't give up a single extra pick to do so.

Now thats the best Idea I have heard yet....sounds god to me

i'd trade a 3rd or 4th for him.

he's a good friggen player. he'd really up our O.

he (assuming we get a 1st lito and a 3rd from philly for our 1st), lito, a WR and a blocker in the first 3 rounds would be sick.

Just think,!!!

CB Lito Sheppard

TE Jeremy Shockey

1RD Pick - WR James Hardy

2RD Pick - CB Antoine Cason

3RD Pick - C Mike Pollack

3RD Pick (via PHI Eagles trade)- DE Jason Jones

That would be an amazing 3 rounds, but we all know we don't live in a dream world !!!